PDA

View Full Version : Our Lazy Cat

PayItForward
03-19-2003, 04:50 PM
I realised this evening, how well George has trained us.

Phrase One
When he wants to have a play session, he sits on the rug in the middle of the living room and waits for his servants (Me and the other half) to notice.

Phrase Two
Oh where are his toys.... followed by muffled 'here they are', as we crawl around and under all the wooden furniture and retrieve the toys.

Phrase Three
We take turns rolling the toys towards George, he sits/lies down watching for incoming toys and batts them like a tennis pro....not towards us but under the nearest sofa.

We repeat Phrases 2 & 3 until George yawns and heads back to his cat bed for another 3 hour nap !!! Leaving us awaiting new instructions.

So... how well trained are we... marks out of ten, please

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Yep, I would say you are quite well trained. ;) :D

I like the "followed by muffled 'here they are', as we crawl around and under all the wooden furniture and retrieve the toys." Describes it perfectly. :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-20-2003, 09:31 AM
We need more infromation before we can score!

How quickly do you put down the book you are reading when George wants to play?

Do you turn the television off when attending to George's needs?

Are guests in your home expected to participate or at least cheer during George time?

This information is required to fully evaluate your performance!

;) :D ;)

Barbara
03-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Let me guess: George is a ........CAT!!!!!:D

PayItForward
03-21-2003, 09:16 AM
I do insist all guest defer to our cat even the one's who (dare I say it) don't like cats.

And I would ignore TV to play with George.

But a good book might win 50% of the time. Espically (Sorry Spelling) when I am in bed, and George is trying to be cute (as always) between my face and the book.

LOL.. I need more of a life !!

Barbara
03-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward

But a good book might win 50% of the time. Espically (Sorry Spelling) when I am in bed, and George is trying to be cute (as always) between my face and the book.

Hehehe Tigris doing that is my husband's excuse for not reading too much:D

Randi
03-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Ohh, can we relate - to ALL the above!! :rolleyes: Our Fister thinks is so amusing to bat his toys under a cupboard - and of course, he expexts us to get it out for him, so he can continue the fun!

When we're reading in bed, he knows exactly where to place himself, he's certainly got that down to perfection! :rolleyes:

I think your cat George has got you where he wants! :D

slick
03-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Aren't we all trained by our furbabies??? My two kitties really don't play at all except Specks will sometimes play with her mouse in the middle of the night. I just pick up the toys and place them back in the toy basket underneath the end table. I'm lucky because there's nothing under my fridge or stove except dust bunnies which I will have to clean up on Saturday since PT will be down.....

NoahsMommy
03-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Did George happen to take a trip to MY house??? ;)

We are trained at our house too! ;)

03-26-2003, 04:47 AM
Let's give you an 8 ; you can get your marks up by walking on hands & feet !!:D ;) :D