PDA

View Full Version : The Soft Claws came.....

jenluckenbach
03-19-2003, 02:36 PM
and I am putting them on now.
I did Kim first. She was not really all that happy about the handling of the nails, but all in all, it went well for my first attempt. She has pink and ***DRAT*** no film!!!
Then I did Jim. He was slightly more cooperative. He has red.
Then I did Jasper. I am getting better at it. He has Purple.
And the last on I did (stopped to post) is Biddy. He has blue and it only took 6 minutes to do !:eek:

My trick?
close the door, fill nail cap, go get cat, put on and then stick cats face in a bowl of yogurt!!!;) keeps them busy while I fill the next cap with glue.:D

Biddy and Kim are the only ones who are licking at them. Jim and Jasper couldn't care less.

Well, back to capping. (I did not order enough for all, I was not sure if I'd like them)

neko1
03-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Glad everythings going smoothly! Can't wait to see pics!!!

sasvermont
03-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Jen, with all those cats, did you order by the truck load?

;)

Randi
03-19-2003, 03:35 PM
I'm impressed! :eek: I think it would take a few days to get them all on Fister - if at all! But you never know. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Wow, you're doing good! It'll be funny when someone new comes to your house and sees all these cats walking around with such pretty nails. They'll wonder if you really have gone bonkers and started painting your cats nails. ;) :D Sure wish you would have had film.....:)

Nomilynn
03-19-2003, 05:48 PM
I had Bassett's put on today at the vet. I dind't want to order them and then find out they weren't what my kitties could handle :) I'm gonna post about it in a new thread though :)

NoahsMommy
03-19-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm impressed too!!! Very good idea to do it in a small room and bribe them.

When you get film, be sure and take lots of pictures! I can't wait to see them! :)

jenluckenbach
03-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Jen, with all those cats, did you order by the truck load?

;)
LOL....HAHAHA....not yet, next time.;)

Actually, I found that you can't really see them all that well on my cats. They are hidden by the fur. On Kim, you can see the thumb and first digit, and you can see a bit of blue peeking out from Biddy's toes, but Jim and Jasper's are hidden. (furry toes, I guess). And I also did Ashley, but hers are clear. (I ordered one of each color to see which I liked.)

Now, I think I need a little reassuring from those with experience....I am starting to panic over the "what-ifs". What if I used too much glue (which I think I did). What if they can't fall off? get stuck to the actual skin? Help me please...ease my fear.

The cats could not care less, though. (so far anyway) Now we wait and see how long they last.

NoahsMommy
03-19-2003, 09:46 PM
Don't worry Jen, if there is too much glue, it'll wear off. For your other questions, click here: Soft Paws FAQ's (http://www.softpaws.com/faqs.html)

krazyaboutkatz
03-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Jen, it sounds like you've become an expert. I can't wait to see pics. :)

HayleyRosie
03-20-2003, 07:12 AM
I can't wait to see pictures.

Songlover
03-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Hi Jen,

I am very interested in Soft Paws and will look forward to hearing more about them from you. I wonder if they will stay in place for any length of time?

I wanted to get them for one of my cats a couple of years ago.
Our vet at the time told me that they are very aggravating since they do not stay on very long. Don't worry!!! I did not have my darling declawed!! Rather, I purchased a new sofa which he (and now his little brother!) has permanently autographed, kitty style...!!!!

just wondering over here in Montreal, Quebec.

wolflady
03-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Don't worry Jen, if there is too much glue, it'll wear off. For your other questions, click here: Soft Paws FAQ's (http://www.softpaws.com/faqs.html)

Sounds like you have everything under control with your household bunch! :D Noahsmommy posted a good link there with the FAQs.
I've been using these things for several years now, and I have not once had a problem. Sure, I probably used too much glue the first couple of times, but it's ok. I usually fill all of the caps with glue, grab Marius, then simply pop each cap on. Once the cats get used to the caps being on their nails, they should last about a month, which is about the time it takes for them to shed the nail.
I'm confident that everything will be just fine! I can imagine the truck backing up to your house with loads of nail caps! :eek: LOL LOL :D :D

**hugs**

jenluckenbach
03-20-2003, 07:24 PM
That's a great idea about putting the glue in all the caps and then getting the cat. I filled one at a time and just picked the cat back up each time. (except for Ashley, she hid under the bureau after the first nail so I had to hold her on my lap while i filled and placed the rest)

jenluckenbach
03-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Oh yeah, and thanks for the link, Kelly!