PDA

View Full Version : Baby Wipes?

MHMama
07-30-2001, 08:07 PM
Recently, a friend saw me take a baby wipe and wipe Ricky after I had taken him out to go "potty". I have always wipes his privates and his paws when I bring him in after a walk. Am I really weird? Danny wipes him too and we keep baby wipes in the motorhome, car, and our house. :confused:

07-31-2001, 12:31 AM
No, you are not weird. I use baby wipes (Well "Wet Ones") for everything! I take them with me to the dog park and I always have them in my desk at work and in my car. I WOULD DIE without them. YUCK! BUT, I don't wipe them after they go potty. My friend used to not let her dog in until she took baby wipes and wiped her feet. She had one dog and nice carpet.... I have 3 dogs and a tile livingroom... I don't do the wipy thing.. hee hee hee. But, I will wipe their fur down to dust if off and before they jump in the car if necessary. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! :)

Pam
07-31-2001, 05:55 AM
When it is rainy and yucky outside Bella will find the spots in the yard with no grass to walk through. :( When she comes in I have a little foot bath that I stick her little dirty piggies in and then I wipe them dry. Being a poodle, if the fur on her feet needs clipping she can bring a good amount of yuck in. I agree that it's a lot easier to do with only one dog.

shais_mom
07-31-2001, 06:15 AM
My aunts grandparents had to mini poodles that they doted on. They slept in baby carriages right beside their bed :eek: And they wiped them after every potty feet and butts.!!! It was a site to see for those of us to didn't do that, of course now with Shai's sore butt I am chasing her and wiping it. Baby wipes rule!!

RachelJ
07-31-2001, 06:59 AM
With a little bit of a thing like Ricky, I can see doting with a some butt wiping and feet wiping. And when there is a real need, I would wipe a butt, but no this is not a regular routine in our house. We, like Pam, do have the foot bath for muddy paws. Thankfully that is not a daily chore.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: RachelJ ]

jackiesdaisy1935
07-31-2001, 09:30 AM
I don't do it, but I don't see a thing wrong with doing it yourself. That's not weird, that's careing about Ricky enough to do it for him.

Snowy's Mommy
08-01-2001, 09:39 AM
Hi,

My Mom and her Tibetan Spaniel are so religious about the wipes--she really should buy some stock in the company by now----she (Poo Poo Girl) actually looks forward to the wipes, and when she doesn't get wiped she will drag her butt on the ground.

Snowy gets wiped every now and then, but not too often..he really hates it!!!