PDA

View Full Version : Super Sized PT Meeting ???

aly
03-19-2003, 02:45 AM
Ok, Naomi, Amy, Kate and I are just throwing around ideas about a huge possible PT meeting. Right now we're discussing where it would be held.

Anyway, we were thinking if anyone would have any interest in this, you could post in this thread. We would then put dots on a map to see where the most people were located and choose a location from there. You can post here if you're interested but aren't sure. It won't commit you to anything.

We were thinking maybe sometime this summer? In your post, you could also put a good time and we can figure when and where the MOST people (and pets) could come. Perhaps it would be a weekend thing like the Texas PT meeting was!

I'm definately interested so I'm gonna dot Austin, TX on the map !

Nomilynn
03-19-2003, 02:47 AM
Please dot Victoria, BC!! :)

And as for a when - that's pretty flexible but toward the end of Aug. would work best for me.

wolf_Q
03-19-2003, 02:54 AM
Please mark Provo, UT! I'm not actually in that city, but it's the biggest one close to me, lol.

Aly, try using http://maps.yahoo.com to pinpoint the location of the city to mark on our big special PT map. :D

I'm really interested in this. Of course, I've already thrown my vote in for meeting in Ohio. If I'm going to fly/drive somewhere very far, I'd choose Ohio, as I've already been planning to meet my friend, Rachel (countrywolf07) there for ages now! Not to mention there's already a big group of great people that meet at that Findlay Dog Park! :D

Also, I'm too paranoid to fly with a dog. So, if I had to fly to the meeting, I could not bring Nebo. :( I think it'd be great if a road trip could be arranged somehow, but I don't know if that's possible.

Barbara
03-19-2003, 04:49 AM
It's a pity -I'll be around Southern California and Arizona from the 11th of May until end May. Would be great to meet Lut in the US -it's to difficult in little Europe:rolleyes:

lynnestankard
03-19-2003, 05:34 AM
LOL Barbara!!:D :D

I'm furiously sticking pins in 'anywhere in England' during 'anytime of the year'!!!! **sighs** :p :D

Lynne

jenluckenbach
03-19-2003, 05:53 AM
I am not the adventurous traveller that my mom was, but I might be coaxed to go a little ways. (unfortunatly, being so far east, I will probably not be any where near a "happy medium") So mark Allentown, PA, but don't let it sway your choice because I am not certain. I just wanted you to know that I would love to have a big meeting.

zippy-kat
03-19-2003, 08:24 AM
I def. want to be in on considerin'/choosin' a place but not quite sure when/if I'd be able to go. A wkend trip (or even a Sat, Sun, Mon. trip) would work best for me.

I'd kinda like to suggest 2 places.....
1.) Albq., NM - Oct/Nov (gotta find out more dates) The Arabian Horse Nationals will be there. I know not everyone is a horse fan but last yr. it was the same wkend as a cat show/art show (and all on the same grounds)! Anyone heard from Cougie Wechsler lately? She might have more info???

2.) Amy (Wolf_Q) and I have been discussing flying together to Ohio. Not sure what dates might work out yet.

I *might* be up for the LA, CA trip. Never been to Cali before -- Miz Gini are you & Rascal up for bein' a tour guide? lol ;)

moosmom
03-19-2003, 09:03 AM
Kater,

Where in Michigan are you going to be on May 21-24? I'm in Ecorse, which is right outside of Dearborn, Detroit and Wyandotte. Let me know and maybe we can work something out. There are alot of people in MI and the surrounding states. Maybe we can put something together.

gini
03-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

I *might* be up for the LA, CA trip. Never been to Cali before -- Miz Gini are you & Rascal up for bein' a tour guide? lol ;)

Absolutely! - what a special treat that would be!

slleipnir
03-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Id be interested, but again, no one lives near me so its a lost hope:o

Karen
03-19-2003, 09:14 AM
New England gets dots for Paul and I, and Sandra, Albea, Cookiebaker and several other Pettalkers, but hey, we flew to Texas - anywhere's a possibility!

Corinna
03-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Make down Northwest Montana for Merlin and Me!!! I will have all week ends open.

wolf_Q
03-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Id be interested, but again, no one lives near me so its a lost hope

No one lives near me either.......I tried to convince them since the railroad and golden spike met in Utah, Pet Talkers should too........but I don't think it's working! ;)

California is a lot closer to me, but then, it's alot farther from many others. Meeting on a coast means going across the US for most.

ParNone
03-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Oz and I might be interested, if it was close enough for us to
drive. I was wondering though what kinds of things do ya'll
do at these get togethers, because I don't think I'd be able to
leave Oz alone in a hotel room. I can only imagine the loud
Collie whining and barking that would ensue.

Mark me down for Houston, TX.

Par...

wolflady
03-19-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by gini

Absolutely! - what a special treat that would be!

Here's another vote for California!! :D :D Northern or southern, doesn't matter...I'll be able to show up no matter where in Cali it is! I'm sure Gini, Kelly, Amberlee, KAK and I could help arrange some plans....:D

**hugs**
Karen

Dakota's Mommy
03-19-2003, 11:59 AM
I'm interested at this point depending on where it ends up so you can put down a dot for me, Dakota, Destiny, and Sierra (may not bring them all either depending on things). Anyways, our dot is in the Ft. Hood/Killeen, TX area!

robinh
03-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Put a dot for Iowa. Really would love to meet some of you guys., but don't know if it would be possible to travel with my three babies. Never tried to go too far with them because Carly gets kind of carsick on long trips; Max never rests - just wears himself out; and Molly does really well riding. Will have to see when you get it set up.

But, I'd be there in spirit for sure! :D

iceyshiver21
03-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Kater where are you going to be in Minnesota??!?! on the 20th?

aly
03-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
I was wondering though what kinds of things do ya'll
do at these get togethers, because I don't think I'd be able to
leave Oz alone in a hotel room. I can only imagine the loud
Collie whining and barking that would ensue.

I brought Reece and Lolly to the last PT meeting and I was PARANOID about leaving them in the hotel room alone. I left a Do Not Disturb sign on my door and they ended up only being alone for a couple hours when we went to dinner one night. Other than that, they had Sammi babysit them a couple times :)

The people who bring dogs may feel more tied down, but other people may feel like staying behind from certain activities and being the dogsitters. I'm pretty sure it'll work out fine.

Nomilynn
03-19-2003, 02:18 PM
I would LOOOOVE to doggie-sit!!! :)

wolfsoul
03-19-2003, 02:26 PM
I would love to meet you all, but I think the majority of you are in the U.S. and I'm in Canada...
The only places I can go this summer are Campbell River (or somewhere near it) and Creston and those are both in Canada :(

TheAntiPam
03-19-2003, 02:30 PM
ME!!! Los Angeles. Most any time.

Maybe we can sneak in a mini- PT meet while Lut is visiting here in So. Cal!

jenluckenbach
03-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by TheAntiPam
ME!!! Maybe we can sneak in a mini- PT meet while Lut is visiting here in So. Cal!
I think you should!!! how many times will you have the oportunity!!

slick
03-19-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm the same as Wolfsoul and I'm not sure if I can book any time off this summer so you'll have to count me out.:( I'll be thinking of you though. Have fun!

Aspen and Misty
03-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Williamsport PA :D We are planning on travling this summer and its open. I talked to my dad about meeting some pet talk people and he is up for it. So tell me where and when and I will see if I can be there :D

Ash

RockyRoad
03-19-2003, 02:55 PM
You guys have fun, wherever you choose to go! :D
My mom might not be up to it, since she doesn't know you guys that much and probably doesn't think you'll all talk to her. :rolleyes: My dad probably wouldn't wanna come, because he doesn' really know you, except from the fish questions he's answered.
All in all, I'd LOVE to meet you all, but I'm not sure if my mom & dad are up to it. And I'd probably be really shy since, I'd be the youngest one!:eek: :)

So you guys have fun, and take pics!:D

(And maybe it's better you know me by my posts, I type better than I talk!;))

Miss Meow
03-19-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm in! :p

Oh, a meeting by myself, the pics and reports wouldn't be that exciting, the meeting itself won't be that exciting. Um, OK, cancel that meeting :D

Maybe I could get a webcam and be patched in???

lovemyshiba
03-19-2003, 05:15 PM
You can dot your map for me--State College, PA--it's in the exact middle of the state, so just put a dot right in the middle. I won't fly anywhere, and I defintely won't take the dogs on an airplane, but if it's not too far, I'll drive it!!

AmberLee
03-19-2003, 06:51 PM
Wow, sounds great! I'm in the San Jose, California area, and most any time but mid-August is good for me.

(Maybe we could do a west coast version when Lut's here, as an extra if needed. Hmmm, Solvang is a lovely tourist area about half way between LA and SF. Any interest, Californians?)

captain
03-19-2003, 06:53 PM
I suppose Australia would be out of the question .....??? :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
03-19-2003, 07:03 PM
How fun!!! :)

I'm for going anywhere, really. But, CA would be great!!!

wolflady
03-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
How fun!!! :)

I'm for going anywhere, really. But, CA would be great!!!

Yes! We must organize a PT CA meeting! :D :D :cool:

jenluckenbach
03-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by captain
I suppose Australia would be out of the question .....??? :rolleyes:
That's exactly where I'd like to go!!!

captain
03-19-2003, 07:25 PM
.... and you would be sooooo very welcome!!!:D

(As would you all ..)

Kfamr
03-19-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm going to be in Michigan this summer, and alot of PT-ers live up that way. I think somewhere in ohio/MI would be a good place... like in one of the dog parks they always go to. :D

micki76
03-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Anyplace in Texas would work for me. Houston, Austin you name it!

aly
03-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Should we arrange for 2 this summer? An east coast and a west coast? I'd love for everyone to be able to be at the same place but there's too many of us all over the place :(

My parents said they'd pay for my ticket if I flew to Michigan. I have grandparents and other family up there I could see during the week, then PT people on the weekend! So a Michigan meeting could work for me too. Reece might finally meet his idol, Graham!! :D

I'd love to meet the other Texans though too sometime! We're in Houston, Austin, and Dallas. Not too far :)

Andie
03-20-2003, 08:52 AM
no one is anywhere near me in my lil hole in the ground so I'm pretty willing to travel this summer MI or OH would be good!

Around July 2 I might be up in Maryland but I'm not for sure about that

lovemyshiba
03-20-2003, 08:58 AM
I just thought of something funny about a Pet Talk meeting--I wouldn't recognize anyone, but I would know all of the pets. It would be funny. For example, I see Nebo prancing around, and obviously, that girl with him must be Amy--cracks me up just thinking about it:)

zippy-kat
03-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Please mark Provo, UT! I'm not actually in that city, but it's the biggest one close to me, lol.

We could meet there and take a day to go to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.... *THAT* would be fun!!!

NoahsMommy
03-20-2003, 02:55 PM

We could meet there and take a day to go to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.... *THAT* would be fun!!!

oooh! That would be really neat!

Cataholic
03-20-2003, 04:01 PM
I would be up for pretty much anywhere...even across the world...Why, hello Miss Meow! But, I will tell you, if it is someplace 'cool'...I am staying for more that a few days! I can just see telling someone, I am going to Australia for a day. NOT!

Miss Meow
03-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Takes a day to get here and a day to get home, so you'd better pack a few changes of clothes :) Just follow the talking Siamese and you will find us ...

wolf_Q
03-20-2003, 07:02 PM

HEY I VOTE FOR THAT OPTION!! :D Best Friends! Best Friends! Best Friends! And there's Zions/Bryce National parks not to far away too....lol...;) ;)

I just thought of something funny about a Pet Talk meeting--I wouldn't recognize anyone, but I would know all of the pets. It would be funny. For example, I see Nebo prancing around, and obviously, that girl with him must be Amy--cracks me up just thinking about it

LOL good point. I've seen pics of a few PT members, but seeing pics and seeing them in person is waaaaay different...I'd definitely be better at recognizing the pets! It might be scarey though...you'd see Nebo, rush over to meet him...then see me...oh my, THAT is wolf_Q? :eek: I'm scarey! ;)

wolf_Q
03-22-2003, 02:56 AM
:D :D

http://www.bestfriends.org/

jenluckenbach
03-22-2003, 05:01 AM
WOW. If there was ever a place I'd be willing to travel to, it would be Best Friends, but alas, I have no money.:(

anna_66
03-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
It might be scarey though...you'd see Nebo, rush over to meet him...then see me...oh my, THAT is wolf_Q? :eek: I'm scarey! ;)
Whatever:rolleyes: I think your a very pretty girl!

Byakko's Mom
03-22-2003, 10:49 AM
I am in Maryland.It would be fun to meet everyone.
Laurie:)

kohala
03-23-2003, 01:29 AM
For Canadians and USA people, and plan something for next spring - say April - May 2004, so everyone's has time to save up if we're flying, etc.
Pick a Northern Central area that would be easily accessible to major airlines, etc. , so we could get people to come from all over - even Australia! And accomodate those of us with less than healthy budgets :D
Just a suggestion - the organizer in me :D Idea-wise, anyway!! Ohio would be good - or maybe the Chicago area? Kansas? Oz?

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Wayne can have us over to his house in Kansas, but I don't think he looked at this thread. Hee hee.... we could just show up.....(j/k)

lbaker
03-23-2003, 06:27 AM
There is a mini-PetTalk meet in PA in a few weeks I'm planning on and another in LA in July (my bro is in San Diego so I'll combine the two cities) but if there is another BIG one somewhere I'll try for that too. Aly, the first meet in Texas was just the beginning I hope and I thought the pet-friendly hotel and nearby Grapevine were purrfectly accomodating. And just ask Lolly & the ReeceMan about babysitters.... they didn't complain :rolleyes: I think Sammi & hubbie Mike are planning to be in my area in June for a graduation so hopefully I will be able to re-new our friendship then. You guys ARE my family now so "build it & I will come".
Laurie
OH! and WolfLady will be here in DC in a few weeks for business and we are hoping to meet for dinner. Or at least try.......