PDA

View Full Version : Really Sad

Chase's Mom
03-18-2003, 06:48 PM
Hi,

I'm really new to Pet Talk. But a piece of my heart died today. My 12 pound Boston Terrier was killed by one of those trucks
with the double wheels. We have lots of room for the dogs to
roam so you would think he was safe. Anyway this dude was
coming to check about racking our pine straw as we have lots
of pine trees. Anyway the dogs all started barking and I thought
it was my husband coming home, instead it was the big truck.
Chipper came running out of nowhere and got hit by the back
tires. It wasn't really the guys fault, but it doesn't make it hurt
any less. This has been our second small dog to die in the last
few months. I had a jack russell that got killed out on the major
highway. Thanks for listening, hope to get to know some of you really soon.

Linda: :( :( :( :(

primabella
03-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Linda,

{{HUGS}} I am so sorry about this sad news. My heart goes out to you. :(:(

Fuzzy317
03-18-2003, 07:00 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. Good thoughts are on way to you.

RockyRoad
03-18-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. {{{Hugs}}} May both your dogs rest in peace.
Britt

slick
03-18-2003, 07:25 PM
First off, welcome to PT! It's very sad that your first thread has to be so hearbreaking. Be assured that your puppies are happy and healthy at the RB and they know you loved them very much! You could honour them by posting pics for us to see? Just a thought. I pray that your heart will be on the mend soon!

micki76
03-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Oh, Linda. I'm so very sorry. :( Know that Chipper's in a good place and he's waiting for you.
Do you know about the Rainbow Bridge? I didn't for along time, then my Westie passed away and a friend gave me this:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
http://rainbowsbridge.com/Images/gate_pics/gate_pic_1198.jpg

weiner_teddy
03-18-2003, 08:39 PM
You have my sympathy Linda, it's always hard losing a pet.

iceyshiver21
03-18-2003, 08:56 PM
its always hard losing a loved one.......

Ann
03-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Hi there and welcome to Pet Talk. I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs who got killed, maybe you could put up some sort of fence to revent this from happening again? *hugs*

moosmom
03-19-2003, 09:20 AM
Linda,

I'm so sorry to hear about Chipper. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Dakota's Mommy
03-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Well, welcome to pettalk! I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

lynnestankard
03-19-2003, 04:58 PM
Welcome Linda, even though this is such a sad time for you - I hope you stay and become part of our Pet Talk family.
I'm so sorry to hear of the death of your sweet Chipper. Another much loved furboy at Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Chipper.

Lynne

bluekat
03-19-2003, 05:01 PM
:( my heart goes out to you, i'm so sorry for your loss. i know its really hard losing a special pet. :( you're in my prayers, hugs to you. Hope you feel better soon:( :( :(

Aspen and Misty
03-19-2003, 06:00 PM
I lost my Chewy only 2 weeks ago so I know how you feel. ::hugs:: if you need to talk you can pm me I know talking with friends about everything sure made things a little easier on me. I'm so sorry to hear about him, I know nothing will ease the pain.

Ash

anna_66
03-19-2003, 06:55 PM
There are wonderful people on this board that can help you over your grief. Welcome to PT, hope you stay for a while!

NoahsMommy
03-19-2003, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Chase's Mom
03-20-2003, 09:11 AM
Hi Pet Talkers,

Thanks so much for the kind words, after my sudden death
of Chipper, most people just don't get it, that your pet is
like losing a person. Every day has to get better. Thanks again.

:)

lovemyshiba
03-20-2003, 09:16 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your sweet boy, Chipper--I'm sure he was wonderful. He will be running around safely at the Rainbow Bridge (they don't allow trucks there).
Pet Talk is a wonderful place to come and talk about him, I know it will take a while to get over your loss, but you have certainly come to the right place--this is such a caring and loving place. We take every loss hard here, as if they are all our pets.
Be strong, and take your time to grieve.

Albea
03-20-2003, 12:56 PM
http://mitglied.lycos.de/clipartsworld/clipartr/bilder/rainbow37.gif
So sorry Chipper is no longer with you. But he'll be waiting at the other end of Rainbow Bridge. May happy memories of him bring you some comfort.
Alicia