PDA

View Full Version : A pathetic example of the multiple name/user.

jenluckenbach
03-18-2003, 06:26 PM
I noticed 4 birthdays today, all turning 14, so I checked out the biographies and sure enough all 4 were the same person.
"milo&otis (14), peteypigeon (14), pantherhunter (14), shadowkisser (14)"
I know this subject was brought up before, but what could be the possible reason for this type of stupidity?? (rhetorical question)
Just venting.

gini
03-18-2003, 06:35 PM
I see so many birthdays listed each day and the thought occurs to me that we should honor those members. But when I check out each one - almost all - almost every day - have never posted anything. I hadn't checked out the multiple name/user.

Niina and many others used to always start a Happy Birthday thread. But your heart just isn't in it - unless they are active members.

Yes, it bugs me too, but what can we do about it.

I think there was a suggestion earlier that after a reasonable length of time, those names be purged from the data base.

I guess they just like to see their names up there. But it is irritating.

Karen and Paul have their hands full as it is - this would be just one more thing to do.

Cinder & Smoke
03-18-2003, 06:44 PM
...what could be the possible reason for this ...
:mad:

Uhhhh...
Likes to see hiz name(s) in print?? :rolleyes:

That "person" signed up with all those names just yesterday...

Possibly Mayor Karen will spot this and drop him an e-mail asking him to
pick *one* and she can remove the extras.

Fuzzy317
03-18-2003, 06:54 PM
To me, it is strange to have more than one name on a bbs.

I am Fuzzy317 on 4 bbs, 4 chat rooms, 3 email servers, and all the other sites I use. I get confused just with all the different passwords, let alone different names :eek:

lbaker
03-18-2003, 07:10 PM
if you are not proud of yourself and proud of what you have written why on earth would you hide it?? Sometimes I've written things or replies I'm not terribly proud of but I'm still willin' to be movin' and be willin' (quote from a Little Feat song) sorry, just had a bad email from my daughter that wants ... oh, too complicated to get into in now............
Laurie, who is hurting right now

Gini, I think I need to talk to you and/or Sammi...

mugsy
03-18-2003, 07:17 PM
And what are the ages of these multiple user names?? I hate to stereotype, but usually the multiples are very young and may not know the protocol OR they just like to see how many accounts they can come up with.