PDA

View Full Version : A PA Pet Talk meeting in April

jenluckenbach
03-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Pam, Christian's mommy (Robyn), Neko1 (Michelle) and I are going to meet in Doylestown PA on Saturday April 26th at Delaware Valley College. They have a 2 day event they call A-Days and it has Livestock shows (sheep, hogs, dairy and beef cows, horses), flower show, craft show, hay rides around the farm, entertainers (magician,comedians), food and a whole lot of things going on. The college is my old alma mater ;) . If you are near and think you'd like to find out more, like directions, post or PM me. I am very excited about meeting my first pet talkers!:D

lovemyshiba
03-18-2003, 03:09 PM
I was just telling my hubby about how pters get together sometimes, but never in PA!! I would love to hear some more info--I can't think of where Doylestown is--my hubby is originally from Easton, is it near there???
How exciting--I would love to hear more info!!!

jenluckenbach
03-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Doylestown is about 35 miles (1 hour driving) south of Easton (going route 611 S.)

Cataholic
03-18-2003, 03:57 PM
How far would it be for me?

jenluckenbach
03-18-2003, 04:24 PM
580 miles. 9 1/2 hours
do you want to stay overnight with me?

Cataholic
03-18-2003, 04:33 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: That might be a bit of a drive....plus, I think it is against ordinance to have fifty cats under one roof!!! That is soo long. I wish it was only 58 miles.

jenluckenbach
03-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
[B, I think it is against ordinance to have fifty cats under one roof!!! [/B]
not in Allentown:D

you can fly here :rolleyes: :D

lbaker
03-18-2003, 07:19 PM
hey! I'm in D.C. and I need a PetTalk fix. I need some something.... maybe just a fix with some of "ya'all". I have a pick'um'up truck... when??
forgot to say..I was one of the original PetTalkMeeters in Texas.... saved my soul
Laurie

Pam
03-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Laurie I would be so happy to meet you, and would love to have you come along! :)

wolflady
03-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone! I know this doesn't fall on your planned weekend, and I'm not sure how far away it is, but I will be in Washington D.C. in April (7-11) for a tradeshow. If anyone wants to hook up for dinner, that would be cool! I will be staying at the Four Points Sheraton hotel on K street in downtown D.C. PM me or post here if you're interested! :D

**hugs**
Karen

Logan
03-18-2003, 09:15 PM
:( I want to come to Pennsylvania. I want to meet Jen, Pam, Robyn, K9 Karen (???? is she coming), Laurie, and anyone else who might be there. :( I'm sad......I think I need a Pet Talk fix too, Laurie!!! :)

Andie
03-18-2003, 09:49 PM
All these PT meetings always makes me aware of how no other Pet Talkers are around my area! :(

Alright enough pouting

I hope you guys have a great time!!!

wolf_Q
03-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Andie
All these PT meetings always makes me aware of how no other Pet Talkers are around my area! :(

Same here. :( Hope you guys have fun! We'll be *expecting* lots of pics!! :D

jenluckenbach
03-19-2003, 05:40 AM
Laurie, you've got about 165 miles (3 hours). Wanna come? :D

And Pam, do you have a digital? If I take pictures everyone would have to wait for the snail film.:rolleyes:

Christiansmommy
03-19-2003, 06:18 AM
My mom (Pam) and I both have digitals...so we will have many photo opportunities ;)

Pam
03-19-2003, 06:18 AM
I've got a digital and so does Robyn. We will come prepared! :D

jenluckenbach
03-19-2003, 06:24 AM
OMG!:eek: both of you wrote the same thing at exactly the same time!:D

Dixieland Dancer
03-19-2003, 06:30 AM
I live in Pittsburgh, PA but saddly will not be able to attend. I am going to a dog show that weekend and Dusty is entered on both Saturday and Sunday. I hope you all have a great time though and take plenty of pictures!

neko1
03-19-2003, 06:44 AM
I also have a digital!:)

All Creatures Great And Small
03-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Rats! (and cats!) YLL and I will be coming back from Tennessee on the 24th, but I have to get her home to go turkey hunting with her dad that weekend, so I can't make the detour! :(

Andie - we should try to meet up at the Missouri State Fair - I'm planning on going again this year to see the mules!:D

RockyRoad
03-19-2003, 10:20 AM
We live near PA! I would love to come, but you guys don't really know my parents, and of course I'm a lot younger than all of you, so I can't go by myself. :) So take lots of pictures and have fun! ;)

Vio&Juni
03-19-2003, 10:33 AM
4808 miles or 7738km for me :D
I wish I could come!

lbaker
03-22-2003, 01:41 AM
I still want to do this and am planning on it, but FIRST.. WOLFLADY, I work about a mile from your hotel and YES let's "do dinner". What fun:D but I know how these business meetings go (just ask Karen & Paul, I was supposed to meet them in Boston last year and couldn't work it out) and know that sometimes it's hard to really plan a meet but let's try. I'll private message you my work and home phone and we can surely try to hook-up. I would love to have you meet my furkids but if we only manage to meet briefly for dinner that, too, would be incredible:D YES let's do it!!

jenluckenbach
03-22-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Rats! (and cats!) YLL and I will be coming back from Tennessee on the 24th, but I have to get her home to go turkey hunting with her dad that weekend, so I can't make the detour! :(

Screw turkey hunting.......THIS is IMPORTANT!!!

Karen
03-22-2003, 10:14 PM
We are thinking about coming! We must consult our social secretary ... but I checked with mapblast.com, and it's theoretically about a five-hour drive. But maybe ...

Aspen and Misty
03-22-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89

of course I'm a lot younger than all of you, so I can't go by myself. :) So take lots of pictures and have fun! ;)

I was thinking the same thing. If only I was older :rolleyes: I don't think we live far from there though, and we make a trip every weekend, like last weekend we drove 2 hours to a pet store, and bought nothing :D it was fun though! lol. Britt, how far from PA are you???

Ash

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 05:55 AM
For anyone who'd like door to door directions to the college, go to www.mapquest.com, go to driving directions and type in your home address and the address of the school which is 700 east Butler st. Doylestown, PA 18901. The entrance where we will meet has a traffic light that enters their parking lot. (it is the only light around, so you won't be confused)

Karen, It would be GREAT to have you!!! And Britt and Ashley, it would be super to see you, but trust me, I understand how parents are when you are "too young" in their eyes. But we'll be thinking about you.

neko1
03-23-2003, 07:28 AM
Hey, thanks for the address! Now I can get a better sense of how to get there!:D

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 07:31 AM
yes, I am a little slow some times.:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
03-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
And Britt and Ashley, it would be super to see you, but trust me, I understand how parents are when you are "too young" in their eyes. But we'll be thinking about you.

My dad said I can come if I want to, its only 2 and a half hours away and sounds like alot of fun. Britt you going?? I'm most likly going to go, it would be nice if you were there though.

Ash

RockyRoad
03-23-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm gunna try to convince them! We've been down to PA a few times, it's probably three or four hours from here. I'm willing to do that! Lemme go see if I could convince my parents. But I think one of them would have to go...:eek:. Well in that case I'll bring my mom. She's nice, you guys would like her. ;)

Alrighty, good news! I asked my dad, and he said if my mom says OK then I can go! My mom's not home now, but I'll be sure to ask her when she comes home.:D

Aspen and Misty
03-23-2003, 10:23 AM

Alrighty, good news! I asked my dad, and he said if my mom says OK then I can go! My mom's not home now, but I'll be sure to ask her when she comes home.:D

I hope you can come. I don't want to be the only teenager there. So you have to convince your mom!

Ash :D

Barbara
03-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
4808 miles or 7738km for me :D
I wish I could come!

I'm afraid it won't help that it's just around 6500 km for me then:(

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 12:52 PM
as a help to Britt and Ashley's families, don't forget that this event is VERY family oriented and it would be fun to go to even if PT members were not going. (the PT members just make it more fun):D

Aspen and Misty
03-23-2003, 01:50 PM
as a help to Britt and Ashley's families, don't forget that this event is VERY family oriented and it would be fun to go to even if PT members were not going. (the PT members just make it more fun):D

:D Thanx. I just need to check to make sure we have nothing that weekend, which I don't think we do, and I will be able to tell you if I can come or not. I'm so exited! LOL Is anyone brining pets alone with them?

RockyRoad
03-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Well my mom is still deciding. She said she doesn't want to drive all the way down there, but is willing to take a train. Is there any train stations nearby? If there is, we're in clear!

P.S. - Maybe I'll get my mom to post later about it. :)

jenluckenbach
03-23-2003, 04:36 PM
there is a train that goes right onto the college campus, but I don't know much about it. I thought it only went into Philadelphia. I think there is a station in Doylestown, other than the college, too. Sorry I don't know more. Maybe the train staton in your area can answer those questions. Good luck.

All Creatures Great And Small
03-23-2003, 04:56 PM
:D :D :D Sorry Jen, but YLL doesn't want to screw the turkeys - ;) - she just wants to hunt them! Even if I decided just to bring MY keester to Doylestown, it would be a lot of expense and travel time - airline would be $375.00, Amtrak would take 3 days, and having just gotten back from a 700 mile drive from Tennessee, I probably wouldn't want to hop back in the car right away! :p

It sounds like a lot of fun though, since I love those kinds of events/fairs. Maybe I can make it another time.

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 05:15 PM
I want to go so bad! :( But I live in B.C. and my mother would probably never let me go! :(
How far away is Doylestown from here? lol I'm stupid, and I don't know where any of the states are, so help me out! :p

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 05:18 PM
oooh :( It's way over there, never mind, I can't go...I'm all the way over on the other side...If I wanted to meet anyone I would probably have to stay centered in Kelowna cuz my mother is mean and doesn't let me go anywhere :( I've only been out of the province twice :rolleyes:

Anyone wanna come to kelowna? lol

Aspen and Misty
03-24-2003, 06:01 PM
**bump** :D

Is any one brining there pets? I wont be cause Julian isn't to fond of being cooped up. ;)

Ash

Karen
03-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
**bump** :D

Is any one brining there pets? I wont be cause Julian isn't to fond of being cooped up. ;)

Ash

If we are able to come, Miss Hoppy will be staying home to guard the house. She is, after all, a House Bunny! Any dog owners, be aware. Lbaker - aka Auntie Laurie - has been known to spoil Pet Talk doggies rotten (right Reese and Lolly?)

wolflady
03-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I still want to do this and am planning on it, but FIRST.. WOLFLADY, I work about a mile from your hotel and YES let's "do dinner". What fun:D but I know how these business meetings go (just ask Karen & Paul, I was supposed to meet them in Boston last year and couldn't work it out) and know that sometimes it's hard to really plan a meet but let's try. I'll private message you my work and home phone and we can surely try to hook-up. I would love to have you meet my furkids but if we only manage to meet briefly for dinner that, too, would be incredible:D YES let's do it!!

:D
Yay! How exciting!! I'm pretty sure planning will be easy because I'm going to be attending the show with our CEO and EVP...basically people that I just don't see myself hanging out with after hours! :eek: LOL LOL :o

My flights have finally been booked, and I'll be flying into Dulles on Sunday April 6 and departing on Friday April 11! Let's plan! :D

**hugs**
Karen

jenluckenbach
03-24-2003, 06:11 PM
kitties stay home. mousies too. I'll be bringing Charlie (my own personal Pet):D

RockyRoad
03-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Well my mom is still deciding. But I KNOW she's going to say yes. I printed out driving instructions on how to get there from our house. We'll have to pass through the heavy security through NYC though. :( The terror level is orange, so they have to inspect everything. I think we'll be taking the train though. I'll have to find more information on it. :)

I'm soo excited! I can't bring Lady because she's not good with other dogs. Floppsy's an outdoor bunny, but she'd be too scared to go. And Sally, well, I don't want to interrupt her relaxing time! I can't wait! I NEVER thought my mom would take me to a Pet Talk meeting!

Update (I was typing this while talking to my dad)- My mom said if my dad agrees to drive, we can go. My dad said yes to begin with. I hate to get my hopes up, just in case, but I can't help it! I'm almost positive they'll agree to this.

Aspen and Misty
03-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Karen
If we are able to come, Miss Hoppy will be staying home to guard the house. She is, after all, a House Bunny! Any dog owners, be aware. Lbaker - aka Auntie Laurie - has been known to spoil Pet Talk doggies rotten (right Reese and Lolly?)

That Miss Hoppy, she certainly is one special bunny girl. Good thing you have her protecting your house! Who needs a dog when you got a bunny ;)

So does that mean Doggies will be there? I would bring mine but I think they woudl either be to much to handle or want to sleep the whole time :rolleyes:

I can't wait!

Aspen and Misty
03-24-2003, 10:19 PM
So who all is going? And what pets will be there?

Me and my father will be there and maybe a surprise doggie friend, I'm still debating about the doggie though.

jenluckenbach
03-25-2003, 04:45 AM
me and my huband Charlie

Aspen and Misty
03-25-2003, 02:47 PM
me and my huband Charlie

:D Can't wiat to meet you! Will this be outside?I'm guesing it will be.

RockyRoad
03-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Well I wish I could bring Lady, but she' not good with other dogs, or strangers. She gives you all a big slurp from her though.

And my dad will sure be pleased when I tell him he won't be the only guy there. ;)

My mom is deciding and will give me her answer tonight, along with my dad. :)

jenluckenbach
03-25-2003, 02:57 PM
A good amount of the events are outside but there is a lot to see inside buildings as well. Dogs are permitted, but not allowed to go everywhere. Be aware that there are farm animals being shown, as it is an agricultural college, so if you do not know how your dog will react you may want to leave them at home. You know your animals the best. Use your judgement.

Aspen and Misty
03-25-2003, 06:25 PM

And my dad will sure be pleased when I tell him he won't be the only guy there. ;)

My dad was like I won't be the only guy will I? I was like yup, its a world full of women get used to it ;) No I told him that most people who talk on pet talk are women, although many fo those women will be bringing there husbands and stuff so he doesn't need to worried. Heee hee :D

I will be bringing Soxie, a new comer to this board but she's kool, you all will like her :D

Karen
04-04-2003, 12:36 PM
We can come! Yay! We're gonna be there! So what's the tally of people so far? :) Yay! Laurie, you're still coming, right?

jenluckenbach
04-04-2003, 01:28 PM
We can come! Yay! We're gonna be there! So what's the tally of people so far? :) Yay! Laurie, you're still coming, right?
YEAH! I am glad Miss Hoppy allowed you 2 to get away.;)
Add Jen and Charlie to the tally

RockyRoad
04-04-2003, 02:09 PM
My mom & I are going!!!:D
I can't wait to meet everyone!:D :cool:

Karen
04-04-2003, 02:16 PM
So it's:
Pam, Christian's mommy (Robyn), Neko1 (Michelle)
Jen and Charlie
Britt and her Mom
Ashley and her Dad
Laurie Baker
Karen and Paul

any others that I missed?

Aspen and Misty
04-04-2003, 03:49 PM
So it's:
Jen and Charlie
Britt and her Mom
Ashley and her Dad
Laurie Baker
Karen and Paul

any others that I missed?

This is going to be fun!!! I can't wait!!!

:D

Ash

lbaker
04-04-2003, 06:11 PM
yes ms. mayor, I'll be there. Just have to figure out a comfy motel/hotel where we "out-of-towners" can put up for a few nights.... I'll be renting a car........
Laurie
HEY, know what:eek: I'll be meeting wolflady/Karen from San Francisco in a few days for dinner et.al. here in DC... this is very much needed and I'm looking forward to it.

Karen
04-04-2003, 06:40 PM
Oh goody! :) Do take pictures when you meet, Laurie! :)

Oh, and if anyone is ever traveling to Boston, let us know, and we'll try to meet! We tried once with Laurie before Pet Talk Texas, but she was working too hard ...

jenluckenbach
04-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Yes, Laurie, and bring the pictures with you. Maybe I can ask wolflady/Karen to bring me an autographed picture of my idol, Marius!!(if you'd deliver it);)

Adge Gibbs
04-05-2003, 07:03 AM
Thank you Karen for the head's up about the thread. My best friend lives in Doylestown so it shouldn't be difficult to convince her to get me there.

I'll mark it on my calandar and hopefully Seven and I can meet everyone!

Adrian

Pam
04-05-2003, 08:00 AM
I am even thinking about bring the Ripster! Haven't decided yet though. In the event we get into a situation where dogs may not be welcome I could scoop him up and hide him under a jacket or something. :D Still pondering that..

soxie
04-05-2003, 06:28 PM
As ash said i will be coming. Maybe by then the kittens will be born and i will bring them along for you all to see.
Mary

Karen
04-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Revised to add Soxie:

Jen and Charlie
Britt and her Mom
Ashley and her Dad
Laurie Baker
Karen and Paul
Mary (Soxie)

any others?

lbaker
04-15-2003, 11:12 AM
*bump*
Is anyone else staying over Saturday night? Other than Karen & Paul of course, or is everyone planning on making this a day trip? I've reserved a room at a relatively cheap (read no-frills) motor court right on N. Main St. in Doylestown. I did find a link to the fair through the College website but still have a few questions. What are the hours and is there an entrance fee? I'm still undecided about bringing my big ol' BadgerBoy DaddyDog. He's very mellow but wouldn't want him to have to spend too much time without me in a motel room. Wouldn't seem right. Depends on the weather too. Really looking forward to it:D
Laurie

jenluckenbach
04-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Hee hee, Laurie. I've been waiting for the college to post a link and here you found it first!:D Here it is for anyone else to browse:http://www.devalcol.edu/aday/index.htm It starts at 10 a.m. and there never was an entrance fee. There MAY be a parking fee, probably not more that $5, but I do not remember for certain. Dogs are allowed to walk the grounds but may not be welcome at all places. (mostly the indoor exhibits I would guess). I believe the festival is rain or shine but if it is too wet we may want to go to a back-up plan. I would suggest still meeting at the college and travelling to a nearby mall (about 20 minutes).

So is a 12 noon meeting going to work for everyone? And do you think meeting at the Library is a good idea? (At least the majority of people you meet and ask will know where the library is)

RockyRoad
04-15-2003, 04:25 PM
We're staying overnight at a Holiday Inn in Valley Forge (I think that was it).

We'll probaby get there around noon-ish, but may be held up in NYC for a bit.
:)
The library sounds fine!

Cataholic
04-15-2003, 08:11 PM
And do you think meeting at the Library is a good idea? (At least the majority of people you meet and ask will know where the library is)

So, are you guys going to whisper all day long? Shhhhh

jenluckenbach
04-16-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
So, are you guys going to whisper all day long? Shhhhh you are just jealous :p