PDA

View Full Version : Sadness...

COCatMama
03-17-2003, 10:44 PM
:( Nikita's mommy has to give her up for adoption. Nikita is Juneau's best doggie friend *SOB*. They play at the park almost every day. Nikita is howling, and destroying stuff in her mommy's place. Nik's mommy has tried doggie meds, anti bark collar etc. She's sad, so am I *sniff* Juneau is gonna miss Nikita...
http://www.lalania.com/park/jn.jpg
http://www.lalania.com/park/kiss.jpg

aly
03-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Has she tried crate training? Has she called a trainer? She needs to try other things besides god awful bark collars before she gives her dog up.

COCatMama
03-17-2003, 10:50 PM
dog destroyed the crate, poor Loralee has tried everything, also she has to work *gulp* 7 days a week and is gone 10 hours a day. She walks Niki like three times a day but it aint enough. She is in contact with a lady at a husky rescue society, nikita will find a good home :)

wolf_Q
03-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Oh no! Nakita is GORGEOUS! I want her! She looks like a Siberian Husky, am I correct?

I really hope you can convince your friend to try more before giving up on her. Siberian huskies are DESTRUCTIVE, she should have known that before she got the dog. Any book/website on them says that. They get bored easily. Does she live in a house or an apartment? Does she have a yard?

I agree with Aly. She should try crate training, see a professional trainer or at least some sort of basic obedience.

Desert Arabian
03-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Stories like these make me so sad, sick, and angry all at once. So, I guess when my kid has a temper tantrum and draws on the wall with a crayon, I will give it to the adoption agency- because I won't be able to teach the kid not to do it and I have no patients.

What the heck... there are already 3 million plus in the shelters for lame pathetic reasons, why not add another??

No more comments....;) :p :D

aly
03-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Ok, well any dog is going to be destructive and howl if they're alone 7 days a week, 10 hours a day. At this point, if she's contacted a good rescue group, I think the dog may be better off rehomed. I hope she won't get another dog until her schedule allows time for one :(

Karen
03-17-2003, 10:56 PM
From what you said, she just isn't able to be home enough for an active breed like a Husky, so perhaps re-homing her, through breed rescue, is the best. Your poor friend is working too much, and Nikita is bored bored bored, which is why she's being destructive. Perhaps she will find a home where people are there more often and she can get the activity she craves.

This must be breaking her heart, but I believe it's for the best as long as Nikita gets a good home.

kingrattus
03-17-2003, 11:09 PM
I agree with the re-homing thing, due to working to much... But if ur dog & her's r great buddies, is there a way u can pick the dog up when ur home & allow the dog to stay with u while her master is at work??

Just an idea that may work :)

kingrattus
03-17-2003, 11:09 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH... my sig is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!
WILL FIX ASAP!!!
sorry guys

wolfsoul
03-17-2003, 11:16 PM
awww..that's sad...
I wish the battery in my cam didn't run out cuz I tried to get pics of Timber playing with her husky friend today, Tuck, who looks alot like nikita...

COCatMama
03-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Juneau is the same mix as Nikita is, he has chewed like, two sandals and goes after the bathroom trash, that's it!
Loralee loves her dog, and I truly believe she is doing the best thing for herself and Nikita. It's a loving decision.

wolfsoul
03-17-2003, 11:26 PM
Same mix? Wow, Nikita looks purebred! :eek: What kind are they? :)

COCatMama
03-17-2003, 11:36 PM
GSD / Siberian :)
at least, Juneau's rapsheet says he is that mix.
Loralee has had Nikita since she was a pup.

wolfsoul
03-17-2003, 11:43 PM
aww cute :) Timber and Juneau really do look alike :D lol
I think that if your friend doesn't have enough time for a dog that is is responsible to give it up so someone who does have enough time and can give her the attention Nikita needs :) It wouldn't be very nice to keep a dog that you can't give the attention it needs...That's neglect, and so I think your friend is making the right choice. ;)
About you being sad about Juneau not being able to play with Nikita, do you think that it's possible to keep in contact with Nikita's new owner? Maybe the shelter could tell you the person's number?

wolf_Q
03-18-2003, 12:34 AM
Nikita is GSD/Sibe? Wow, she looked like a purebred husky to me!

With how much your friend works, it does sound like it's best to re-home the dog. As long as it's a good home of course! Best wishes to your friend and Nikita! :)

marysmerrycats
03-18-2003, 01:07 AM
Lalania
I know your friend must be very upset at having to do this, so I will wish the best for the dog, instead of bashing her decision! if she has contacted a rescue foundation then I'm sure they will do their best,and find a suitable new home for the dog.

moosmom
03-18-2003, 10:06 AM
I agree with Karen. Sometimes it IS best to rehome a pet. Especially when someone can't devote the time it takes to have a pet. I had to rehome my cat Tucker. It was the best move I ever made. I paid him a visit when I was in CT. He is SO happy where he is. He had two people who love him very much and I get visitation and updates. Can't ask for a better home than that! Here he is

moosmom
03-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Here's another one. He's a Korat. Rescued from death row. His eyes finally turned green when he was 3.

moosmom
03-18-2003, 10:08 AM
One more...

catlady1945
03-18-2003, 10:08 AM
How about obedience courses?

ChrisH
03-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
Lalania
I know your friend must be very upset at having to do this, so I will wish the best for the dog, instead of bashing her decision! if she has contacted a rescue foundation then I'm sure they will do their best,and find a suitable new home for the dog.
Couldn`t put it better.

Chris