PDA

View Full Version : little about nz

carole
03-17-2003, 10:34 PM
did u all know nz is a very cat loving country, infact they are probably the preferred pet, so i am told, and we have more pet cats per population than most other countries, most are kept as indoor/outdoor cats.
yes we have a lot of sheep too lol, but just about every household in nz owns at least one cat.
most homes donot have air conditioning or screens so its impractical to keep them inside, and most homes have reasonable good size sections and fenced.
when i walk my daughter to school every day, we say hello to all the kitties on our way, as there are so many of them.
cheers everyone
it is indeed a personal choice as to whether u keep kitty inside or out, for sure, but rest assured there are many lovely pet kitties alive and thriving in nz.;) :) :cool:

Soledad
03-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Here, here!

New Zealand is a GREAT place for cats!! Everyone adores them, and if you forget to feed them, you never have to worry as it's almost a guarantee a neighbour has given them a chunk of fish or chicken!!:D

NoahsMommy
03-17-2003, 11:41 PM
I would love to move to New Zealand anyway...here's a new and by far the BEST reason!!!! :)

carole
03-21-2003, 11:56 PM
I am sure you and your fur babies would be most welcome in new zealand, yep its not too bad a place right now. cheers;) :)

03-22-2003, 06:09 AM
I'd love to visit NZ one day!! The film "the two towers" was filmed there, and it made me "green" with envy;) :rolleyes: :D !
There is one "small" problem: NZ is exactly on the opposite side of the globe ...:eek: :eek:

moosmom
03-22-2003, 07:18 AM
My friend Carolyn (pictured below with me and her husband Mike, on my recent visit to CT) is from New Zealand. She is the sweetest thing and has the body and looks of a model. She would tell me stories about how many cats she used to have growing up.

They adopted my Korat Tucker (now known as Otto). I would also love to visit NZ some day.

carole
03-24-2003, 05:45 PM
yes it is a bit far away, but worth a visit sometime, i have been to a few parts of america, and believe me your country is beautiful too, so much to see and do there, we have only just got over 3 million people in our three islands,north south and stewart so its nice really, but lots of sheep and cats lol:) :)