PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Demigodess
03-17-2003, 12:37 PM
I have been lurking for a few days, so I thought I would introduce myself. I love dogs like all of you and my breed of choice is the German Shepherd. I am especially partial to white GSDs. I own one white GSD (one year old) and we show him (not in the AKC) in the breed ring. I am hoping to show him in obedience when he is older. I also want to get him into agility because he really likes it.

Right now, I have two other white GSDs because I am a foster mom for rescue dogs. I usually only have one foster at a time, but we had an emergency and took two.

I love GSDs, but I like other breeds too. I would someday like to get a Border Collie and I would love an all-black GSD. I prefer bigger dogs, but I love them all.

I am attaching a picture of my puppy, Atlas.

http://www.karsjens.com/atlas.jpg

aly
03-17-2003, 01:02 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!!!

Atlas is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love white GSDs too! A friend of mine has one and she's just a doll. I can't wait to hear more from you about yours :)

Tina
03-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Hello and Welcome To Pet Talk!! I'm sure you will really like it here. Atlas is so gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more about him.

Dakota's Mommy
03-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Hello and Welcome to Pettalk! I love the pick of Atlas, what a cutie! My name is Christy and I have 3 furbabies. Destiny is our 13 month old dalmation, Dakota is our 9 month old harlequin great dane, and Sierra is our 2 month old black lab mix. I've got several posts that I added today of their pics if you're interested in seeing pictures of them!

Demigodess
03-17-2003, 02:22 PM
I saw the pics earlier of your dogs! They are beautiful. I would love to have a dane. They seem like awesome dogs!

lovemyshiba
03-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!!!
Atlas is so gorgeous--I've never actually seen a white GSD!!!
Can't wait to hear more stories and see more pics!!!

Demigodess
03-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Well, if you have never seen a white GSD, then I have to refer you to our club Web site. :) There are tons of wonderful pics of these gorgeous dogs. The images on the home page are random, so if you have a fast connection, hit reload a couple of times.

http://www.wgsdca.org

:D

I'll also share another pic. This is Atlas in his Halloween constume.
http://www.karsjens.com/pets/images/atlas/growing/8months/05.jpg

robinh
03-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Welcome to PetTalk!! Wow, he's so handsome!!

Love the costume too! Looks like he's doing the pitiful look with his head down like that! But he's still cute.

Demigodess
03-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Yeah, he wasn't thrilled about the costume. :) He liked the coat and the things on he feet. He just wasn't keen on the horns.

primabella
03-17-2003, 04:38 PM
atlas is gorgeous! and i love his name. :D welcome to pet talk. i have two birds and a sheltie named mickey. i love GSD's too and border collies. i really want one also. :D hope to see you post some more!

tatsxxx11
03-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! Atlas, you're such a handsome, handsome boy!! And you don't look a bit devilish, though you sure are cute in your costume!!;) My name is Sandra and I have a yellow Lab, Star and a Husky/Shep, Cody, along with 2 kitties, Mr. B and Oilver and 2 guinea pigs, Squeeker and Moonbeam! Looking forward to hearing more about you and Atlas and your fosters!!:)

ChrisH
03-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!:) Atlas is a very handsome boy!

Chris

micki76
03-17-2003, 07:09 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Atlas you are stunning!! :D Michael (my husband) thinks you are so handsome. He's a HUGE fan of GSD's and I think one day we'll have one. Right now we have Chester and Millie, though and Chester's not *real* fond of other males.
I just saw the pic in the costume!! LOL!!! :D More pics, please!!

anna_66
03-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Ohhh what a stunning dog Atlas is! I will be looking forward to hearing more about him & of course, seeing more pics!

Cookiebaker
03-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Welcome to Pettalk!! Atlas is GORGEOUS!!! I hope you enjoy it here, and we look forward to seeing more pictures of Atlas!! ;)