PDA

View Full Version : Ok, today is the day...

anna_66
03-17-2003, 09:18 AM
I'm going to quit smoking & I need all the support I can get:D Needless to say, Mark smokes too & this makes it all the harder.
My last cigarette was last night at 11:30 and it's now 10:16, so there's a good start. Going to work is the next thing, almost everyone there smokes.
Please send good thoughts my way, I really want to quit.
And thanks to marysmerrycats for bringing it up, it's really prompted me to want to quit.
Anyways, please wish me luck:)

Dakota's Mommy
03-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Good luck girl! I'm thinking of you and hoping that you want to be as successful as we all know you can be! Looking forward to hearing your progress as you go!

03-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Good luck to you, Anna!!!

micki76
03-17-2003, 10:12 AM
C'mon Anna!! You can do it! I think about all the things I can do so much better now. You may not really feel like it affects you, but it does. Think about how great you're going to feel. :D**Breathe in** AAAAHHHH!!
YAY for you!:D :D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
03-17-2003, 10:37 AM
I quit two years ago (Feb 23, 2001 at 3:30 pm!)

My husband quit about a month before me.

I am probably proudest of having quit smoking than just about anything else I have done -- and you will be too.

But it is hard....very, very hard.

My lungs are clear and I haven't had a serious asthma attack since. I rarely even use clarinex anymore. My teeth are whiter. My physical stamina is far greater than it was.

Do not be hesitant to use any and all aids --I used Zyban, my husband the gum.

Good luck....my thoughts are with you!

Ann
03-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Anna, I'm so proud and happy that you made this decision! I will keep you in my thoughts and keep all my fingers crossed for you :) Best of luck to you!

Karen
03-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Go, Anna, go! Sooo proud of you! If you get the urge to smoke, PM me, and I can give you disincentives one at a time!

Go Anna! Go Anna! :) :) :)

marysmerrycats
03-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Anna
good for you, thats wonderful! I know you can do it!
it is well worth the struggle!

catland
03-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Things that helped me when I quit:

Gum, lots of chewing gum.

Raspberry Toaster Struedels (but try not to eat as many as I did.:eek: )

A "pacifier". Just take a strip of some plain white paper, roll it into the shape of a cigarette, and put some scotch tape on it. I made myself one of those, and as silly as it sounds, it did help.

The first few days are the hardest, so hang in there - you are doing great:D

Logan
03-17-2003, 11:41 AM
Anna,
I'm so proud of you!! :) It will not be easy, I'm sure, just like quitting anything that you enjoy, but I'll bet you will be able to do it!!! Get out with those pups when you're at home and maybe you can get at least one person at work to support you in this and perhaps quit themselves!!!
I will keep you in my prayers and hope that your will power and strength to do this will carry you through!! :)
Logan

RICHARD
03-17-2003, 11:51 AM
take the money you'd spend on ciggies and put it aside.....

wait a year and go have a party....

Dixieland Dancer
03-17-2003, 12:38 PM
You go girl!!!! :D :D :D Just think how happy the pups will be that mom doesn't smell like a chiminey anymore. You know their sensitive noses can smell it a billionth more than humans can so there is another reason to quit! Best Wishes for a successful outcome!

aly
03-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Yay for you Anna! Stay strong because it will be a tough road. But you will be so happy!

And you've inspired me to cut the caffeine out of my life. I drink WAAAAAAAAYYYY too much and I think I am going to just stop cold turkey right now. Bring on the migraines!! :)

mugsy
03-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Anna, never having smoked, I can't sympathize with you since I've never experienced it, but, I know from talking to others that it is one of the most difficult addictions to break. I will be thinking of you. How about this...every time you want a cigarette and you don't take one, put a quarter in a jar and every time you smoke one then take a quarter out. Also, I've heard of people taking the amount of money the spend everyday on cigarettes and putting that money in a jar and after a week look and see how much you have in there and then after a month etc etc etc and then after a set length of time being smoke free, take the jar out and what ever money is there use it to buy yourself something nice (that might inspire Mark to quit too! lol)

Good luck and when the urge strikes jump on Pet Talk and read and post until the craving goes away!!

**Sorry Richard, I stole your idea!!**

ChrisH
03-17-2003, 01:14 PM
Oh, Anna. that is wonderful, I am so proud of you! :) I know it is so hard to do, but you CAN, I know you can. Good luck!

This site has a sort of counter thing to put on your taskbar, I still have mine!:) So far I have NOT smoked 29123 cigarettes and NOT spent £4,951.56 (close to $7,000) on the things.

silkquit (http://www.silkquit.org)

And this site is like the site I went to when I was quitting (it might even be the actual site I used but its been a while and I lost the link)

quit smoking support (http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/)

Once again, Good Luck!:)

Chris

tomkatzid
03-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Good Luck, we're with you all the way:) You CAN do this;)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/paee3119fb79f2c28550968e26167722b/fc7d73d2.gif

popcornbird
03-17-2003, 01:52 PM
Anna, I am SO proud of you! You can count on us to support you in quitting the whole way! Whenever you get the desire to smoke, take a lolipop and stick it in your mouth instead. :p Hopefully the sweetness will make you "forget." Hopefully! I agree with putting the money you use for cigarettes aside. That way, you can see how much money is wasted on smoking, and at the end of the month, you'll really realize how much money is going for putting your health in danger. Not worth it is it? ;) After a month or two, buy yourself something nice with that money. Then you'll realize what good and useful things the cigarette money can buy. Things worth much more than a cigarette that's bad for your health. Good luck and keep us updated! Maybe your quitting will help my uncle quit someday too. I'll print this out for him when we see your progress! :p

jenluckenbach
03-17-2003, 01:53 PM
I am very happy and proud of your decision. Now no matter how hard it becomes, at first, it will get easier and easier. And now that all of PT is watching, you can't turn back. hee hee. But seriously, it is the right thing to do. Best of luck in the will power department.

RockyRoad
03-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Go Anna!:D
I'm soo happy for you! I know you can do it!
Anyone who quits smoking is very strong. I've never had one, but I know it is very hard to quit.
Anyway, go beat those 'butts' Anna!:p

anna_66
03-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Coming home & seeing this really, really makes me feel good:)
And thanks for all the ideas for the $$ too!
Well, of course I had my first "real" urge around 3 pm today. I was coming home from the grocery and I always have one then, but I didn't:p
I'll have to do as Mugsy suggested, come to pet talk when I get those urges! I also thought everytime I want one, I'll get on the tread mill, or do some sit-ups or something like that. That way I can stay fit & trim!
I'll be updating you daily so get ready, I might get a little moodyhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/screams.gifJ/K!

Logan
03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Anna,
Don't feel bad if you do get moody. I think it goes along with what you are doing. One of my friends who is doing this right now said that she had to quit watching tv and quit playing on the computer because those were her favorite times to smoke. She checks in periodically just to let her friends know how she is. I think she's down to 2 cigarettes per day, rather than quitting cold turkey.
You do what works for you!!! Just make sure to let us know how you are!!
Logan

primabella
03-17-2003, 03:16 PM
aww anna, you are so doing the right thing. good luck! :)

stages you'll go through --> http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/16_angry.gif --> http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/censored.gif --> http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/banghead.gif -->http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/bomb.gif -->http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/ill.gif -->http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/guilty.gif --> http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/dopey.gif

lol, that was dumb. well good luck anyways :D!

NoahsMommy
03-17-2003, 03:17 PM
You are awesome Anna! I'm so proud of you!!!!! :) :D :)

I've never smoked, but, I have an idea. Go to the store and get "treats". Then...if you feel a craving coming, go to your treat drawer...as a reward for ignoring the craving, you can have a popcicle, a piece of candy, anything....something to satisfy you in another way. AND, come to PT while you are enjoying your treat. :)

I wish you lots of luck and I can't wait to hear you no longer want one! :)

lovemyshiba
03-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Good Luck to you Anna!!!
I have that same horrible habit, and everyone I work with and my husband do too, so I can totally imagine how hard it is for you.
I really like the money idea--you will be amazed at how much you are saving!!! And, when my cousin quit, she got on the treadmill every time she got a craving. At first, she could hardly breathe on it, but now after 3 kids, she looks amazing!!!!
Good luck again!!!!

Stenograsaurus
03-17-2003, 03:32 PM
Anna, let me first congratulate you on reaching this decision. I am so proud of you and support your decision 100 percent. You will be a healthier person. I quit smoking on December 1, 1994, after smoking for 10 years. It was the last Christmas gift I gave my father before he passed away. My husband and I were supposed to quit together. Unfortunately he did not. He still smokes. He was kind enough to not smoke in the house. Hopefully Mark will be considerate and do the same. Beware though. After you have quit for a while you will find the smell of cigerattes disgusting. It will make it a little hard to "get close" with Mark at times. We go through so much toothpaste in this house because my husband brushes his teeth after every cigeratte when he's home. :D

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

weiner_teddy
03-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Good Luck!! Keep up your good will power and you'll do just fine!:D :)

Aspen and Misty
03-17-2003, 03:39 PM
O Anna ::hugs:: I'm so proud of you! I like the treadmill idea, good luck! I know you can do it! And if you ever need to talk just coem on here and talk about your 3 wonderful pups! We can never hear enough about them. Good luck!

Ash

HoRsELUvR
03-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Im proud that you want to give up smoking,as it seems to be a hard habit to break!I'm right there with you ,Anna!Good Luck!

RICHARD
03-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by mugsy

**Sorry Richard, I stole your idea!!**

it figures, last time i am supplying 'original' ideas for you:p

got a friend to quit by putting his fingers curled over the edge
of a drawer. i closed the door real fast on his hand. Voila'
can't use your finger to hold ciggie!!!

GOOD LUCK!

bluekat
03-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Yes, go for it! i know some people who decided to quit, and they did quit! i know its very hard, but you can do it! By the next few weeks, you'll be smoke free! don't be tempted by the people who do smoke tho! we know you could do it!:) Good Luck Anna!

Jessica12345
03-17-2003, 05:02 PM
yeah anna! :) You can do it! no more smoking for you! just think of the damage it can do to you! If you ever get the urge to smoke pop some food in your mouth that you love and then come here and reread the incouragement! and THEN ask us for more! you will be very happy and proud when you quit. Keep it up anna! you can do it!:)

neko1
03-17-2003, 05:05 PM
Good luck!! Quitting is the best thing you can do for your body!!! It makes me so happy to hear that you are doing your best to quit!:)

CathyBogart
03-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Good for you!! I've never smoked so I don't know how it feels to quit, but you have all my support!

catland
03-17-2003, 06:28 PM
I never wanted to admit it, but I was developing a nasty smoker's cough before I quit. Once I quit, it vanished in less than a week!

I sure wish I had a treadmill back when I quit - I might not be having to use it as much now:p

Congratuations - we're all proud of you.

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Good Luck Anna!!! Every time you want a cigarette, give one of the pups a belly rub :)

Karen
03-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Still happy and excited for you! You can do it, and we will all help!

Tell ya what - next time you get a craving, read one of the classic threads - you know, like Fritos feet or something - you'll be so engrossed and laughing so hard, you won't need that cigarette!

anna_66
03-17-2003, 06:54 PM
Well here I am again, with a sucker in my mouth:rolleyes: Nighttime seems like the worst time for me. So after dinner (the time I really, really want one) I took Roxey for a bikeride, and then took Angus & Huney out for a walk, we all had a good time & I didn't even want a cigarette (well, until I got home:rolleyes: )
You all, your the GREATEST! Big http://www.cutefamilypets.com/graemlins/bighug.gif to all of you!!!!!

And Richard, I am NOT letting anyone close my fingers in a drawer;)

I did take some awesome pictures and will get those posted tonight or tomorrow. So be prepared, I have to find something to do with my time:D

popcornbird
03-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Awwww. :(

Its ok, you did well for the first day! Reduce slowly until you take no more! My idea....................take all your cigarettes, and throw them in the trash. That way you won't have any to smoke! :p

mugsy
03-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Good for you Anna!! Keep up the good work. I'm with you....I wouldn't let Richard anywhere near you right now! lol PM me anytime if you want to vent and use language not appropriate for open forum!! hehehehe;) :D

anna_66
03-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
My idea....................take all your cigarettes, and throw them in the trash. That way you won't have any to smoke! :p
That would be great, but my husband still smokes, so I can't really do that :)

popcornbird
03-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by anna_66

That would be great, but my husband still smokes, so I can't really do that :)

Tell your husband to hide his. :)

When my uncle was here, his kids, and I would always secretly take his cigarettes away when he looked the other way and hid them. He would get mad, but it was so much fun. We got a break from that smoke for hours! :p We were very young at the time, and after being taught numerous times at school how bad smoking is for your health, we were determined to make him stop. Didn't work. He still does. :rolleyes: Just not as much. Good luck! I hope you'll be able to quit!

Jessica12345
03-17-2003, 07:38 PM
I threw my grandma's cigerettes in the trash when i was little once. Then i got in trouble because they were expencive. :rolleyes: Im like... then why do u smoke? and then i got in more trouble.

now she is still smoking, but has breast cancer.:( :( :(

popcornbird
03-17-2003, 07:42 PM
We threw my uncle's in the trash once and got in BIG trouble. Not by my parents, not by my uncle's wife. By my uncle. He said "You know how much money I spent on those?!?!?!" We replied "What's more important, that money, or your health and life?" He had no answer. :p He was still mad though, but we were proud of ourselves. :p

slick
03-17-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm behind you all the way!!

I've not been in your shoes before but a friend of mine had this incentive - it's similar to what Richard suggested:

Every day she did not smoke she would put the cost of a pack of cigs into a glass jar and every so often she would count the money she saved!! By the time she was smoke-free for 6 months she was able to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe! She has now been smoke-free for years and she and her pets are healthier for it - not to mention the pets smell nicer :D

Good luck with your challenge! Don't ever be afraid to ask for help here!

shais_mom
03-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Good Luck Anna!

Dixieland Dancer
03-18-2003, 03:29 AM
Hey Anna, Have you considered using the patch to help you ease the withdrawal pains? I know of several people who have successfully quit by using the patch initially.

Pam
03-18-2003, 05:47 AM
Anna I am just seeing this thread so I am assuming you have been off the nasty little things for 24 hrs.?? maybe. Congratulations for taking this step and then telling everyone! There's nothing like accountability! My hubby smokes and has been talking about quitting for years and years. He did tell me once that if he ever quit he wouldn't tell me, but just wean himself off them slowly, because he wouldn't want me to say "AHA! there you go smoking again!" I think you are much more brave and I commend you for your determination! :cool: Maybe this thread will help others too. I am sure there are other Pet Talkers and lurkers out there who just need a nudge, and you are the girl to give it to them! Hang in there! It seems like the pupsters are already giving you a helpful diversion! I know it's hard or my hubby would have quite years ago! (((hugs)))

anna_66
03-18-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Pam
My hubby smokes and has been talking about quitting for years and years. He did tell me once that if he ever quit he wouldn't tell me, but just wean himself off them slowly, because he wouldn't want me to say "AHA! there you go smoking again!"
Mark is exactly the same way!
Yep, it's now been about 35 hours, I know that isn't much, but I'm on my way:)

I must say, my chest feel even worse today than it usaully does:confused:

Thanks Candy for suggesting the patch, but my biggest problem is what to do with my hands, and the fact that when I smoked, I went outside. So now I just feel bored to death:rolleyes:
I'm sure I'll get over it though!

ChrisH
03-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Anna, 35 hours is a long time when you are quitting. you are doing just great!:)
Your chest feeing worse today is normal, something to do with the body getting rid of stuff....... okay, I found this

Will I cough more after I stopped smoking?
Answered by Dr Carl J Brandt, NetDoctor international medical director
Yes, your lungs will start to 'clean' themselves and you will probably bring up more mucus as a result. You should start to return to normal within a few weeks.

And about restlessness.....

What should I do about restlessness
Answered by Dr Carl J Brandt, NetDoctor international medical director
Feelings of restlessness will only last for five to eight minutes at a time.
Here's what you can do instead for the five to eight minutes:
remember why did you decided to quit cigarettes.
think of something healthy to buy for dinner.
take a look at something - anything - and describe it to yourself in detail.
Furthermore, focusing on your breathing will help both physical and mental restlessness.

Thinking about you
Chris

Ann
03-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Well, you've been off them for 36 hours now! I think you're doing great :) Keep it up *hugs*

Randi
03-18-2003, 09:53 AM
Anna, I wish you the best of luck with quitting, I know how hard it is as a smoker. I've never really tried seriously to stop, but I've been down to 2 a day! - better than nothing. I find it easier not to smoke all morning, but sometimes I put a patch on and I can avoid smoking until quite late.

Anna, if you set your mind to it, you can do it!! :D And it's true, the urge often goes away after 5 min. Go and drink a glass of water or juice, that helps! :)

Good luck!!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-18-2003, 10:44 AM
You will go through physical withdrawal. You are taking a chemical out of your body. My face was numb. I felt like ants were running through my veins.

It is worth it!

I found mints were good as the strong flavor negated the desire for tobacco.

As to the reward....my husband quit about a month before me. The FIRST day I was completely without cigarettes -- a Saturday -- he said we needed to go sign some papers??????? He took an advance on all that money he would be saving by not smoking and bought a little Harley. Of course I was in no condition to argue.

I did tell him if he EVER starts smoking again -- the little Harley goes back!

It gets better! The first few days are the worst!

RICHARD
03-18-2003, 11:25 AM

And Richard, I am NOT letting anyone close my fingers in a drawer;)

sorry, i didn't say that that was a last resort!

mugsy
03-18-2003, 03:09 PM
YOu know Richard, you really are sick puppy!! Mike is sitting here laughing hysterically at your story.

Anna, I think Richard is just fibbin'!! lol

Dakota's Mommy
03-18-2003, 03:21 PM
So, hopefully you're still going strong and we're so happy to hear it. We're all so proud of you, you're doing great! You're well on your way now, just keep up the good work. I'm really thinking of you right now as you make this change in your life!

Cataholic
03-18-2003, 04:02 PM
Well, Anna, I am sending positive thoughts your way! I hope when I meet you on 3-30 you will still be smoke free!!!!! I believe substituting one habit for another is good...like, if you had to go outside to smoke, maybe you can now go outside and take the crossword, or take up knitting (hey, don't laugh, I want to learn how to knit!), or start walking...stop just standing still thinking, "I want a white stick".......

Stenograsaurus
03-18-2003, 04:25 PM
Keep up the good work, Anna!!!!

anna_66
03-18-2003, 04:34 PM
YOu know Richard, you really are sick puppy!! Mike is sitting here laughing hysterically at your story.

Anna, I think Richard is just fibbin'!! lol
You guys really are weirdhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/yellows/freak6.gifJ/K! Thanks for keeping me pumped!

lynnestankard
03-18-2003, 04:41 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/smoking8.gif

I'm so proud of you Anna - sorry I missed this yesterday.
I think you're doing great - just remember every hour without a cigarette gets you nearer to good health.
I reckon the mints are the best too - something with a strong taste is much better at taking the 'pangs' away.
If the problem is something to do with your hands - take up cross-stitching!!! You don't have time to smoke when your busy stitching!
Good Luck - you're being kept in my thoughts - go on girl, you can do it!!!

Lynne

Rottieluver45
03-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Good luck! How`s it going so far? My mom just quit too! She`s having a really hard time but she`s getting thru it!

RICHARD
03-18-2003, 04:58 PM

You guys really are weird

oh, as if i didn't know that already....

there was a GREAT short story by stephen king about kicking the
habit...i think the story had the name of 'QUITTERS INC.'
it's in his first collection of short stories......

mugsy
03-18-2003, 07:27 PM
Oh I see, a Stephen King fan...that explains a lot!! hehehe;) :p

I thought about you a lot today at school Anna and was hoping that all was well and I got home and was so pleased to see you're still at it!!! WAY TO GO ANNA!!!

slick
03-18-2003, 07:39 PM
How are you doing so far??? Remember, we are here for your support :D :D

NoahsMommy
03-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Just checking in to see how you are doing....we're here for you. You're doing wonderful already! :)

Rachel
03-18-2003, 08:17 PM
Anna, as someone who watched a good friend die of lung cancer and who has another friend (also a smoker) who was recently hospitalized with clots in her lungs, I can't tell you how pleased I am with your decision to quit. My friend is out of the hospital, but she was on oxygen for a while and now she gets winded doing practically anything. She had to quit smoking. If only she would have done it sooner.

You can do this, Anna. What about doing something good for you every time you crave a cigarette, like make a cup of tea or eat a carrot stick? Try anything, but don't give up.

wolflady
03-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Way to go Anna!! I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor. We at Pet Talk are behind ya 100%! :D I've never smoked, but I do know that it's not easy to quit. I had a friend in college who smoked like a chimney, and he quit cold turkey after graduation. I was so proud of him! :D I know you can do it! :D

**hugs**
Karen
http://www.quitsmoking.com/images/nosmoke.gif

anna_66
03-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Rachel, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad I'm not waiting till it's too late. I know I will thank myself for this:)

Awww Molly! Thanks for thinking about me, that's so sweet. When you see me on the 30th, I'll still be smoke free (you are still coming, right?)!

Richard, a Stephen King fan? I love him, but I don't really remember the story. What book is it in?

Rottieluver45, glad to hear about your mom quitting too, tell her I said good luck!

Karen, that's great about your friend, I know if he can do it, so can I:D

NoahsMommy, I don't know about doing "wonderfully" but I'm getting there;)

Ya know, I never usually cough, but last night I couldn't seem to quit! This part sucks:rolleyes:

Karen
03-19-2003, 07:30 AM
It's in "Night Shift" - go find it and read it now! It's great, and sticks in one's mind quite well.

So glad you're still smoke free! Yay! Go Anna!

anna_66
03-20-2003, 07:10 AM
no cigaraette:D

It's all thanks to you guys:p

mugsy
03-20-2003, 07:17 AM
YEAH FOR ANNA!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Hmmm....I've feeling inspired to write a cheer for you!! Hmmmm...maybe one of my cheerleaders could do it! Hmmmm....I know the perfect one too! I'm going to work on that! Then everytime you want a cigarette you can read that and laugh! lol

Congrats!

anna_66
03-20-2003, 07:27 AM
Hmmm....I've feeling inspired to write a cheer for you!!

I'll be waiting:D

mugsy
03-20-2003, 07:33 AM
OK, here I go!!

Logan
03-20-2003, 07:39 AM

All we're doing is cheerleading, Anna. You're the one who is making it happen!!! And I am so very proud of you!!! :D

Rachel
03-20-2003, 08:01 AM
Anna, you can do this. Look how far you've made it already. I am so glad you keep posting because I keep checking. It does my heart good to know that you made through another day.

There is another person I have made it my mission to pray that he will quit. I won't mention who it is because his wife is a member of this board and he has two darling dogs and two loving cats who want him to stay healthy, and his first name begins with a W but that's all I'm saying. So if W 's wife reads this and recognizes who I'm talking about, just tell W that I am praying each and every day that he will be inspired to take the journey that Anna is on. And it's a good journey, right Anna?

anna_66
03-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
And it's a good journey, right Anna?
Yep:D It would be even better if I had someone to do it with;)
I hope that W will be enspired to do the same thing!

ChrisH
03-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Oh, Anna, just got to tell you that I am so proud of you!! :) :)

Chris

RICHARD
03-20-2003, 11:53 AM

so tell us what you are going to do with your ciggie money?

robinh
03-20-2003, 12:18 PM
You can do it!! That is so fantastic!

Did it myself about 6 years ago. I was a wimp, used the patch for about a week to help get over the worst. You simply won't believe how much better you feel. And it doesn't take that long for you to notice.

I will say a prayer for you!

slick
03-20-2003, 12:56 PM
Way to go Anna.....one day at a time!!

NoahsMommy
03-20-2003, 01:00 PM
NoahsMommy, I don't know about doing "wonderfully" but I'm getting there ;)
Oh yea you are!!! Smoking is hard to quit....you are doing great and we're all very proud of you. :)

mugsy
03-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Ok, Britany is working on your cheer Anna!! She's very excited about helping you out. You have my admiration because I seriously need to lose weight and I'm not getting motivated to lose it.

Nomilynn
03-20-2003, 02:06 PM
Yay Anna!!!!! Great job!!! :D

anna_66
03-20-2003, 03:08 PM
I seriously need to lose weight and I'm not getting motivated to lose it.
That's one of the things I need to do too, so every morning I've been doing some kind of exercise (around 20 min.-not too much;) ). Walking one day, Tai Bo the next. I did some Yoga yesterday & pilates (sp?) today! I thought maybe if I coud mix it up, I wouldn't get so bored with it. Maybe you could try something like that? I wish you all the luck in the world!

Richard, I've already bought myself something! Get ready to laugh! I got a new mop! You can start *oohing* and *aahing* anytime!! I was going to buy a new pair of shoes & some makeup, but I got one of those swiffer wet jet thingies. Thought it might work good with all the wet paw tracks in the house:p

mugsy
03-20-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm here to tell you that they work great!!

I told Britany what your name was and she was working on it in her head during soccer practice tonight! :)

AmberLee
03-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Congratulations, Anna! Whoooo-who!

Cincy'sMom
03-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Congrats Anna! You're doing great!

shais_mom
03-20-2003, 11:58 PM
Anna!
YEA for you and the no smoking!!

RICHARD
03-21-2003, 01:19 PM

Richard, I've already bought myself something! Get ready to laugh! I got a new mop! You can start *oohing* and *aahing* anytime!! I was going to buy a new pair of shoes & some makeup, but I got one of those swiffer wet jet thingies. Thought it might work good with all the wet paw tracks in the house:p

now why would i laugh at that?
my mom told me that "who cares what you spend your money on?"...... it's yours, you earned it....

you are oh so practical, first you give up smoking, now you want to rid the kitchen of any evidence you have pets......;)
don't go mopping when you crave a ciggie.....you'll end up having to replace the floors!!!!!

mugsy
03-21-2003, 09:06 PM
How long has it been now Anna?? Britany wanted you to know that she apologized for not having your cheer done, but she spent the night at the hospital because she tore a tendon in her arm....she's so cute!

Just another pep talk!! Way to go Anna!!

anna_66
03-22-2003, 07:43 AM
Sorry to hear she tore a tendon in her arm:( I hope she'll be ok. Tell her I hope she feels better :D

Pam
03-22-2003, 08:08 AM
You go girl!!!!!!! Anna you are awesome! Keep on keepin' on! :)

Rachel
03-22-2003, 08:16 AM

I've already bought myself something! Get ready to laugh! I got a new mop! You can start *oohing* and *aahing* anytime!! I was going to buy a new pair of shoes & some makeup, but I got one of those swiffer wet jet thingies. Thought it might work good with all the wet paw tracks in the house:p

I'm not laughing either. If there was ever a gadget or gizmo advertised for cleaning, I've had to try it. Well, maybe that's a slight exageration, but not by much as evidenced by the accumulated mops, brooms, broomvacs, etc. in my garage. I keep thinking I will find the ultimate cleaning tool, but still haven't found anything that works as well as a pail of water and a sponge. I keep trying though.

Just came here to give you another *Atta Girl*!

anna_66
03-23-2003, 07:37 AM
Last night was really hard at work for some reason, but I just had a piece of candy instead of a cigarette:D

Hey, guess who put on a patch this morning? MARK! He hasn't said anything, so I'm not going to either, so we'll just see what happens;) Keep your fingers crossed that he can quit too!

Cincy'sMom
03-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Congrats on one week Anna! That is great!!!

Yeah for Mark!!! Hope he does as well!!!

Pam
03-23-2003, 07:43 AM
Anna that is wonderful news! If I thought I wouldn't throw my back out I would do a cartwheel in honor of you both! :D :D

*LabLoverKEB*
03-23-2003, 11:17 AM
Anna, what wonderful news! Congratulatiosn on one week! :) ;)

mugsy
03-23-2003, 11:25 AM
WOOHOO!!! That's great, you can be the support team for each other!! Way to go Mark!! What a guy!

RockyRoad
03-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Congrats on one week Anna! That is such great news!

Yay for Mark too! :D

ChrisH
03-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Congrats Anna, you are doing so great!:) Fingers crossed Mark can do it too.:)

Chris

AmberLee
03-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Whooo-who! Congratulations to you BOTH!

Rachel
03-23-2003, 08:33 PM
See what an inspiration you are, Anna. Congratulations on one week down and giving Mark the incentive. What good news here tonight.

It's going to get easier and easier, just wait and see. Yes, I used to smoke too (eons ago).

lynnestankard
03-24-2003, 04:45 AM
Congratulations Anna and Way To Go Mark!
Wonderful news.

Lynne

anna_66
03-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Today is day 9:D

Logan
03-25-2003, 08:42 AM
You are terrific!!! :D

wolflady
03-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Today is day 9:D

Wow! :eek: You go girl! I'm so proud of you! Go reward yourself today with some chocolate! :o LOL LOL :D
**hugs**
Karen

RICHARD
03-25-2003, 12:42 PM
maybe we can get a theme song and a neat graphic like cnn/fn/msnbc.

ta ta ta da!

the war against nicotine........day 9

ta ta ta ta da

:rolleyes:

just a thought!

anna_66
03-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh Richard:rolleyes: :D

mugsy
03-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Way to go Anna!! Is it getting any easier???

Richard you are really a piece of work you know that?? hehehe

popcornbird
03-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Wow Anna! You're doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you feeling after you quit? Good job and keep the good work up!! :D:D

anna_66
03-25-2003, 02:48 PM
I feel like crap!

But not because of the not smoking, lucky me, now I have a cold!!
And to beat it all, I had a atomic fireball in my mouth last night, and I broke a tooth:eek: Sometimes:rolleyes:

popcornbird
03-25-2003, 02:52 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sorry to hear you have a cold. :( Keep it up! You'll feel great in the long run! :D

Logan
04-02-2003, 01:08 PM
How are you doing, Anna??? Still out here, supporting you on your campaign to stop smoking!! Hope everything is going well!!! :)

RICHARD
04-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Logan
How are you doing, Anna??? Still out here, supporting you on your campaign to stop smoking!! Hope everything is going well!!! :)

seriously,

you stop smoking and then we get into a war.....

so we get distracted and all of a sudden our support goes to the troops.......

i smell a conspiracy.

:eek:

anna_66
04-02-2003, 01:41 PM
Oh, you guys are so sweet:)

I've been avoiding telling everyone this, I'm so embarrased:o

It's now been 2 wks & 3 days, I have smoked, but only a total of 6 cigarettes. I know that isn't good, but I really am trying.

Aren't you disappointed now & sorry you asked?

Logan
04-02-2003, 01:52 PM
I am not sorry I asked, Anna. I think of you constantly, and am SO proud of you for making an attempt at this!!! When you fall off the wagon, you just have to pick yourself back up and be even more determined.

I need to learn this with my dieting...... :o

Logan

NoahsMommy
04-02-2003, 01:57 PM
Anna....you are still doing great! Don't get down on yourself. :)

ChrisH
04-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Disappointed? Not at all!!
I`m with Kelly.....

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Anna....you are still doing great! Don't get down on yourself. :)

Chris

RICHARD
04-02-2003, 02:13 PM
6 divided 17 is .352941 ciggies per day....

going cold turkey is hard, but great in a sandwich......

you are forgiven,

did you read the stephen king story?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

mugsy
04-02-2003, 02:44 PM
I'm still very proud of you Anna....your cheer will be posted when I get back to school....blonde moment...I left it there last Friday.

RockyRoad
04-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Don't be silly! I don't think anyone could be dissappointed, for you are trying hard, and it is a very hard habit to get rid of.
We'll always support you!:D

yorkster
04-11-2003, 02:44 AM
Hi Anna,
Did not see this thread (I hope you still read it).

I quit smoking on June 5, 1995.

I had tried everything, (and mean everything) before I found out about a quit smoking program that worked so well for me that within aprox. 2 weeks I NEVER had one thought about a cig. again.
And the first 2 weeks of it were not too difficult either. It was not easy, but it definately was not too bad.

They don't have a web-page (I looked), but I have kept all the notes, etc.
If you ever feel that you might want to give it shot, let me know, and I can get the info to you.

And here is the confesion part:
Long story, but its been a very stressful time for me lately, and I've found myself sneaking a smoke once and awhile!
I took awhile, but finally found my notes again............phew!

I feel your pain!

anna_66
04-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by yorkster
Hi Anna,

I quit smoking on June 5, 1995.

I had tried everything, (and mean everything) before I found out about a quit smoking program that worked so well for me that within aprox. 2 weeks I NEVER had one thought about a cig. again.
And the first 2 weeks of it were not too difficult either. It was not easy, but it definately was not too bad.

If you ever feel that you might want to give it shot, let me know, and I can get the info to you.

And here is the confesion part:
Long story, but its been a very stressful time for me lately, and I've found myself sneaking a smoke once and awhile!
I took awhile, but finally found my notes again............phew!

I feel your pain!
That would be wonderful, thank you for the offer! I haven't totally quit (but I am trying:o ) I have been smoking about 1 a day, and sometimes I don't even do that. But it seems when I really want one, it's better to go ahead & smoke it, otherwise all I do is think about it all day!
Congratulations on quitting (but sorry that you've had so much stress in your life lately)! Some people just don't realize how hard it is. I've quit before & it was much easier than it is this time, even though I'm not quite sure why.
I would love to "Never think about wanting a cig"!

Cincy'sMom
04-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Hang in there Anna! You are doing great!!!

"They" say when you are dieting you should not totally avoid sweets, that if you totally deprive yourself you will crave them more. Maybe it is the same with smoking...ween yourself slowly and you won't constantly be thinking about the next one. Maybe now you still need one a day...and then maybe in a week it will be every other day...before you know it will be once an week and soon none!!

Good luck, we are all still behind you!!!

mugsy
04-14-2003, 08:12 PM
We've got your back girlfriend!! Good job!! WOOHOO!!