PDA

View Full Version : You asked for it...more Guinness pics! ;)

Christiansmommy
03-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Here he is...none of him and Dandy yet...next week...hopefully :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pa4ecd0af3b9ea6b2680936c4e8ed129d/fc7e996d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p9692e7f800ab0dc4ed5c424550cb9415/fc7e99c0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p2636f984c6e7df85721e9fb465b297f4/fc7e9a08.jpg

tomkatzid
03-16-2003, 08:19 PM
He is beautiful. So slim and sleek. I love a black kitty:D

NoahsMommy
03-16-2003, 08:25 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :D

He's so silky!!! How is Dandy doing with an "intruder" in the house?

Christiansmommy
03-16-2003, 08:33 PM
She is a little scared...they havent met yet, except thru the cat carrier, b/c he hasnt been tested for Feline Aids yet and i would rather be safe than sorry, since he was a stray cat. I think she should do fine, b/c she is easy going, hopefully they can see more of each other tomorrow after the vet appt. I cant wait until they are friends...his scent is all thru the house (as is hers, obviously), b/c i let them take turns having the run of the house...so she knows something is living in my room...but doesnt look to intersted in trying to get in there, though...it may take a few days.

I am gonna make her like him, LOL...b/c he isnt going anywhere, he is just too sweet!

:D

Robyn

Anyone with tips on introducing 2 adult cats to each other...feel free to share...

NoahsMommy
03-16-2003, 08:38 PM
That's wonderful! I'm sure they will get along well.

As far as tips go...I don't think you'll have a problem at all. He seems to like her, right?

Christiansmommy
03-16-2003, 08:42 PM
Yeah, oddly enough i think he is actually more comfortable with her, with the little time they have seen each other...he is almost more friendly than she..and she is pretty darn friendly...so at least i only have one to help adjust, b/c i think he is fine...he lived with other cats before here...i made a new thread about this question...so more people would see it...thanks for replying!

Robyn

Rachel
03-16-2003, 08:44 PM
It looks like Guinness will be very cooperative when it comes to posing for pictures for us. He is a good boy!

Vermontcat
03-16-2003, 08:50 PM
I just love his eyes! It makes me think of a James Bond movie title like Goldeneye or The Cat with the Golden Eyes etc...;)

Has your son Christian met the new kitty yet? He plays nice with Dandy so he should be good with the new kitty right?
Also does Guinness have any history with kids?

Christiansmommy
03-16-2003, 09:00 PM
He is awesome with Christian...actually, probably more trusting than Dandy...

Dandy wont just come up to him...he has to go to her, but Guinness will come over to Christian and rub up against him and he thinks it is the best thing, b/c Dandy doesnt usually just come up to him...so maybe he has been around kids before or just that he is REALLY friendly! It is too good to be true, i lucked out with 2 great cats and 1 great kid! :D

kimlovescats
03-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Ahh, he is just beautiful .... can't wait to see pics of him and gorgeous Dandy together... should be a stunning pair!!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-16-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm so glad that everything is going well. All fingers and paws are crossed for a clean bill of health tomorrow. I can't wait to see pics of both Guiness and Dandy together. :) New kitties sure are fun aren't they. :)

Nomilynn
03-17-2003, 01:58 AM
AWWW Congrats!!! the things that go on here when you leave for a weekend!! ;)

lynnestankard
03-17-2003, 04:23 AM
Oh Robyn many thanks for another lovely pic., of Guiness Patrick!!
He's so beautiful and can't wait to see them together.
I'm so pleased Guiness is quite happy with Christian - maybe he's just a very loving furbaby!
Look forward to a clean bill of health for the newbie.

Lynne

sasvermont
03-17-2003, 05:23 AM
Robyn, the one trick that I used when getting my three to play, was to drag out the old fishing pole with the mouse attached. They would take turns attacking it and it seemed to allow them all the room to share and play at the same time. Just a suggestion. You may not need to do anything. My experience is that female cats are less likely to "share" and that the male cats have an "anything goes" attitude. Of course, each kitty is different, as we all well know!

I wish you only happiness and good health with Guinness Patrick and of course Ms. Dandy girl.

Maybe, once Dandy sees how Guinness is being so friendly with Christian, she will do the same. One friendly cat can really influence the others....you know how Graemer changed Gabe so. We won't go there - still too sad and this is an oh so happy time.

I can't wait for a photo of both kitties together!

Now, you have to promise me that if you get another cat that you will name it "Magic Hat" after the local brewery here in Burlington!

Love and only good wishes for you and your family!

Sas and Miley

:D xoxoxoxoxox

HayleyRosie
03-17-2003, 05:23 AM
Thank you for posting these wonderful pictures. I'm sure they will both get along great. Good luck at the vets.

Pam
03-17-2003, 05:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sasvermont
One friendly cat can really influence the others.... [/QUOTE

There is a lot of truth to this. I had Trevor for 3 years before getting Andy. He never voluntarily climbed onto my lap before Andy came. I always had to snatch him up for some lovin'. He saw Andy doing it all the time and one day decided to try it for himself. Now whenever I am laying on my back on the sofa watching TV one or the other will climb up on my chest and purr (that is if they can find room with the dogs there too! :rolleyes: )

jenluckenbach
03-17-2003, 06:57 AM
I have one word for Guiness:

AAAWWWWWWW

catmandu
03-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Speaking from experience , 14 cats worth , Guiness and Dandy will get along fine , as long as there are enough dishes and seperate litter boxes , and there is room for them to run , until they make friends. Best of Luck from the lost cats hotel.

2kitties
03-17-2003, 10:20 AM
oooh, look at those bright big golden eyes! He is absolutely gorgeous. I just wanna snuggle with them both.

I'm sure they'll get to be friends soon enough. It took my boys about a week of supervised visits, wrestling matches and sniffing sessions.

I tried to feed them treats together so Taz would understand he would still get treats, even though there was a new kid on the block. Some people recommend you rub some tuna juice on the back of both kitties' ears. Gives them a similar smell.

Whatever you do, it just takes some time. They'll be giving each other baths in no time.

Both your furbabies are adorable.

Christiansmommy
03-17-2003, 10:23 AM
OOOPS!! She found me :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p8a9d3eabb9a179308fd1eaad2074a4b3/fc7db589.jpg

Here is Dandy...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pa842f830cad87b2e8c319230992ec7e4/fcefc8aa.jpg

Robyn

HayleyRosie
03-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Guinness looks bigger than Dandy. Is he or is the picture of Dandy an old one?

Christiansmommy
03-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by HayleyRosie
Guinness looks bigger than Dandy. Is he or is the picture of Dandy an old one?

Ya know, when i pick them up...they feel pretty close..but she is fluffy, so now she actaully probably looks bigger (her pic is a few moonths old)...but she is very dainty to start. He is around 6 months to a year younger than her...or at least that is what the shelter thinks...i'll find out weight and age when i go to the vet later on today.

He was only 4.75 lbs (very malnourished) when he was originally brought into the shelter (which was 6 weeks ago)...so he has put on some weight, but is still on the thin side. When we brought Dandy home she was around 6 lbs...and she probably isnt too much larger now...she is just a dainty one...im thinking he might be around 6 lbs now.

Robyn

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
he is almost more friendly than she

Wow!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: She seemed so darn friendly that it's hard to believe that any kitty can be any friendlier. :)

I'm so glad you were able to find such a lover kitty - especially on the first try! It's amazing how you got two such sweeties. I can see it's just going to be one big adorable pile with Christian once the two kitties get used to each other. Can't wait for those pics. ;) :D

ChrisH
03-17-2003, 05:33 PM
He is gorgeous! Love those eyes.:)

Chris