PDA

View Full Version : nicki's pregnant...

wolfsoul
03-16-2003, 06:59 PM
My grandma's dog is pregnant again *sighs*..Her neighbor let his friend's dog play with Nicki and he told her that the dog was a female...well noooo it's not a female...
She's had puppies before, a few years ago...she had two litters....My mother and I sold them, but this time, the selling is up to me :D I would make a waaay better saleswoman lol...
the last litter my mother sold for only 20 dollars a puppy, and 40 dollars for the one with bicoloured eyes...
Nicki always has really pretty puppies....usually all blue merles...very beautiful...sometimes they have blue eyes...she's a german shepherd collie cross, and my grandma said that the father looked like a aussie border collie cross, so I'm guessing that the puppies will mostly be merles and blacks with or without white or gold...
I'm excited to find them good homes, and will only sell to the best of owners :D
They will be due in early July, so I will take lots of pics and tell you how they are doing :D
It's too bad that Nicki isn't spayed...:(....I don't think my grandma realizes the population problem...

micki76
03-16-2003, 07:04 PM
Maybe you could help educate her?:( I have an Aunt who just doesn't get it. Her cat isn't neutered. :mad:
Maybe if your Grandma knew that it's really healthier for them to be fixed... There's some sort of deadly infection a female dog gets in her uterus. Arrgh!! I can't remember what it's called. Anyone else?:confused:

wolfsoul
03-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Well, she sortof doesn't havealot of money ....she's been trying to get her cats fixed as it is :( she has too many cats...not to gross people out or anything, but she has atleast 50 cats! LITTERALLY! She has too many animals...I don't say anything to her, because - well, she's my grandma..you can't exactly tell your grandma that she's discusting to have so many animals and to take them to the spca where they will be put down right away, whether it's better or not :(
my mother has, but it really has no affect on her...she says she loves them too much...she knows that if she takes them to the spca that they will all be put down, or suffer months of quarantine...
This is why I can't wait to take them off her hands when she gets too old...I will sell them to good homes and take them to a vet :)

Wow, that got off topic...

I'll try and get her to fix Nicki, but she just fixed her other dog so I know she won't be too happy about the idea...

Songlover
03-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Dear Wolfsoul,

I read your profile so I know that you are a young teenager with the very best of intentions when it comes to animals and your love for them.

However, the plain truth of it is that is not fair to have a dog which is not spayed or neutered!!! You need to convince your grandmother, maybe with the help of your mother, or another concerned adult, that this is not the right thing to do!!! There are several diseases that unspayed females can get, among them being cancer of the reproductive organs and that would be so unfair to an animal that you all love so dearly!!!
I hope that you will be able to convince her that her dog deserves better treatment than this, and that as soon as the puppies are ready for new homes, your beloved doggie should be ready for a better life, too...just my humble opinion, for what it is worth...kind regards and best wishes from Deborah in Montreal

wolfsoul
03-16-2003, 07:32 PM
I said I will try and convince her, but like I said, she's down in money trying to fix her other animasl as it is...I think that because she has so many cats that she should get those fixed first...because her dogs are females and they have a less chance of breeding, I wouldn't put them at the top of my list until the cats are fixed :)

aly
03-16-2003, 10:01 PM
I dont know about where she is but in many places there are low cost spay neuter clinics. If there aren't any, she could try contacting some rescue groups for help. There's always someone out there in rescue willing to help.

wolfsoul
03-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Ash gave me a suggestion, but I will have to talk to my grandma about it before anything happens...:)

oodlesofpoodles
03-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Pyometria ( not sure on spelling) is the infection in the uterus and having a dog spayed before the 1st heat cycle will reduce the chance of cancer in the mammory chain by 90 precent. After the 1st heat cycle the precentage drops greatly. Also neutering a male dog by 9mths reduces the chances of prostrate cancer and cancer in the mammory chain also. male dogs can get mammory cancer just as in humans a man can develope breast cancer. I know my brother is in treatment right now for it. Just remember anything and everything that we as humans get our pets also can get. Liver, Kidney,Heart disease, leukemia, diabetes and the list goes on.

wolfsoul
03-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info!
I'm pretty sure there has to be something that dogs can't get but we can :confused:

Aspen and Misty
03-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Is there an Update yet? Did you do what I suggested, I sure hope it worked. I know that we will at least keep our part of the whole deal thing. Good luck! And tell us what happens!

Ash

wolfsoul
03-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, I didn't see my grandma today like I thought I would :( but I think she will be over tomorrow...I should talk to her before she goes home...she lives in Beaverdell so she's only here once a month...
I'll try to talk to her :)

Aspen and Misty
03-17-2003, 08:47 PM
K. Keep me up dated. :D Can't wait to here what happens.

Ash

tikeyas_mom
03-17-2003, 09:31 PM
maybe you should inform your grandmother to get her dog spayed after this last litter because then the dog will live longer.

wolfsoul
03-17-2003, 09:51 PM
I made the mistake of telling my mother your idea Ash...She says that other people don't need to get into her business...maybe she should use her own advice on herself :rolleyes: I'm sure that my grandma will get her fixed after the puppies are born though, because I learned today that the father will be living there too now...So atleast she will be getting spayed after all :D My mother says that most of her female cats are now fixed, save a few :( but she's working on it...

tikeyas_mom
03-17-2003, 10:02 PM
no offense ment by my next comment, but it sounds like your grandma is an irresponsible owner and needs to smarten up..

wolfsoul
03-17-2003, 10:16 PM
she is COMPLETELY irresponsible, no offence taken...
She's uneducated but thinks she knows what she's doing...she knows alot about cats, because at one point she litterally had probably about 100 cats...after the years the old and sick have passed, and because they are getting fixed, pretty soon she will be left with only fixed cats who will pass...But I know it won't stop her :(...

Dixieland Dancer
03-18-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Well, she sortof doesn't havealot of money ....

Perhaps since you are going to be the one selling the pups, you could save the money and tell your grandma to use that money for getting her fixed. ;)

wolf_Q
03-18-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
she is COMPLETELY irresponsible, no offence taken...
She's uneducated but thinks she knows what she's doing...she knows alot about cats, because at one point she litterally had probably about 100 cats...after the years the old and sick have passed, and because they are getting fixed, pretty soon she will be left with only fixed cats who will pass...But I know it won't stop her :(...

One person can NOT take care of all of those animals. It is not possible. It is not fair for all of those animals. Check her city's laws...unless she has a license, I bet it's against her local law to have that many pets.

I think Dixieland Dancer has a great idea.....that dog needs to be spayed, so try saving the money from the pups to do it.

wolfsoul
03-18-2003, 08:09 PM
I just said, she will be spayed...I talked to my grandma today and she said that she borrowed some money from my cousin...
She lives outside of Beaverdell in ther middle of nowhere so there aren't any laws against it, and nothing could happen anyways cuz when she lived in kelowna, people called the cops on her dozens of times, but they didn't do anything...that's why she moved, because she was tired of people complaining...

Dixieland Dancer
03-19-2003, 05:51 AM
I hope she is not planning on having her spayed while she is pregnant. From the sounds of it that is what you implyed since she borrowed the money now. :confused:

wolfsoul
03-19-2003, 01:18 PM
I hope she is not planning on having her spayed while she is pregnant. From the sounds of it that is what you implyed since she borrowed the money now.
No no, lol...I'm not sure why she borrowed money now actually...I told her I would give her the money from the pups but she insisted that it was mine to keep (not going to argue toooo much :rolleyes: lol). She usually comes down here once a month, but maybe she can't make it for a while or something? I'm not sure...maybe she hadn't even borrowed it yet, but the impression I got was that she had :confused: