PDA

View Full Version : Just Chit Chat

carole
03-15-2003, 07:30 PM
I MEANT TO TELL YOU ALL , CAN YOU BELIEVE I HAVE HAD AN ALLERGY TO CATS FOR OVER 18 YEARS, AND THEN ALONG CAME ASH WHO WE ADOPTED, AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT I HAVE DESENSITISED MYSELF BY HAVING THEM AROUND, NOW I STILL HAVE A FEW ITCHY EYES AND SNEEZES BUT NOTHING MAJOR, BUT ITS WORTH IT ALL BECAUSE THEY BRING SUCH JOY AND HAPPINESS TO MY LIFE, WHEN MY YOUNG SOOTI DIED LAST MONTH I WAS SO DOWN, EVERY DAY WAS SO LONELY WITHOUT HIM, AND YES I DO HAVE FAMILY, BUT HE WAS MY LITTLE COMPANION, AND IT WAS NOT UNTIL HE WAS GONE, THAT I REALIZED HOW MUCH HE MEANT TO ME, HE WAS ALSO A REAL NEAT CAT WHO GAVE ME SO MUCH LOVE, SO THERE WAS A HUGE GAP IN MY LIFE, LEXI IS HELPING TO FILL IT, BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET HIM. I WILL TRY TO GET PICS OF LEXIE SOON BUT I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO WEB CAMERA , BUT MIGHT BEABLE TO BORROW ONE, AS I DID BEFORE, HOWEVER I DO HAVE ONE OF ASH BUT NOT SURE HOW YOU POST IT ON HERE. HELP PLZ.

jenluckenbach
03-16-2003, 06:00 AM
WOW:eek: if I had a cat allergy, I'd be up a creek (so to speak);)

Posting a picture as an attachment is the easiest. It is a good way to start. Just scroll down to the "attach file" box while posting your message and then browse your computer for the picture, then submit the post.

In order to post so everyone can see it without opening an attachment, you would need to upload your picture to a website that allows off-site viewing. (ImageStation will do). Let me know if you'd be interested in further details. OK?

smokey the elder
03-16-2003, 07:42 AM
One advantage to using a photo hosting site rather than attaching a pic is that you can post a bigger pic. One disadvantage is that the photo sites can be tricky. I'm chicken; I still do attachments. :)

NoahsMommy
03-16-2003, 05:13 PM
I have allergies too. But...after living with our four (now five), I've developed a tolerance for it. I take Allegra when I need it...about once a month. I'm amazed because I'm highly allergic. We do a lot of other things to prevent allergies. We put a hepa filter in the air conditioning, our vacume has a hepa filter, the cats get baths (with kitty towelettes) and we clean our carpet every month with a steam cleaner.

I hate when I go to the shelter. About half of the cats are there because their kids were allergic. I mean...didn't they know cats may cause allergies BEFORE they got the cat? Poor things! Sorry....off on a tangent. :)

I'm sorry about Sootie. :(