PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for Kelsey

RockyRoad
03-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Kelsey has fallen very ill.:( His belly is white, and he is very thin. He is just laying on the ground behind all the plants. We are trying to do all we can. Please pray that Kelsey will remain with us.:( He was my first Beta.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid45/p520e835d50c9e2df35a266650ce57e1b/fcd87113.jpg

jenluckenbach
03-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Prayers to Kelsey. You need to get better real soon.

zanzanfergie
03-15-2003, 06:49 PM
oh gosh that's terrible...sorry, I don't know much about fish, but I hope he gets back his beautiful color and feels better very soon. I hope he does ok. Are there fish doctors or anything? I'm so ignorant!
Prayers to you Kelsey...hope you feel better.

popcornbird
03-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Oh no! :( Poor Kelsey. :( Pity you can't get fish to the vet and its so hard to tell what's wrong. :( I hope Kelsey gets well and comes through this. :(

RockyRoad
03-15-2003, 07:23 PM
I just fed the Betas, and he wouldn't come up to eat. :( I hope he'll be better. I cannot stop checking on him. I'll keep you all posted.

P.S. Thank you to all of you who have replied, or have not, yet are praying for him.

Rottieluver45
03-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Awww! That`s awful! I hope he`ll be alright!

RockyRoad
03-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Here's an update:

He swam up to the top, and I was so happy. Yet then he floated back down to the bottom, as if there was a weight in his tummy, and is now lying there again. His tail is extremely thin and he swims rather odd, I can't explain it, but I don't think it's normal. Please keep praying...I hope he makes it.:(

RockyRoad
03-15-2003, 08:25 PM
I don't think he is breathing anymore. I might not be looking carefully enough though.:( Please let him breathe...

I will let you know what happens...:(

primabella
03-15-2003, 08:50 PM
i'm sorry about this. it doesn't sound good but i am sending good thoughts and prayers your way. :( get better soon kersey :(

pegwad16
03-15-2003, 08:58 PM
I hope he gets better.

shellonabeach
03-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Could it be swim bladder disorder?

I know this is usually associated with floating but looking on google for sites about betta +illness found me that.

It says the betta may look off colour and that it may be lopsided, swim funny or just sink to the bottom.

Take a look at the site, it was the first one that came up. It says about doing a complete water change.

One other thing, I had a sick goldfish over the summer, he had swim bladder problems. I was told to feed him peas (which he loved) I was told to get a small frozen pee, defrost it in the microwave and give it to him. Also I was told not to feed the food on the top of the water, they ingest air as they eat it. I was told to either soak the flakes/pellets so they would sink, I don't soak them but push them down with my finger.

I do hope one of those sites can help you both further, I really hope that Kelsey hangs on and gets better, I have never seen a betta before but he is so handsome, the most beautiful fish I have ever seen.

Best wishes
Sarah

RockyRoad
03-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Thank you Shellonabeach for the information. I will surely look into it, I think that maybe what he has.

Thanks to everyone who is praying for him. Hang on buddy...

slick
03-17-2003, 03:09 PM
How is Kelsey???