PDA

View Full Version : News Flash....Dandy has a brother!!!!!

Christiansmommy
03-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Yeah!! I went and met with our new black cats foster mom today and I have to say that it is a close call on who is friendly...Dandy...or him....he is soooo affectionate, that i almost think it's Dandy with black dye poured all over her!! I am in shock at how friendly he is. We have to keep them separate b/c he hasnt been tested for feline leukemia and aids yet...but Monday i will have an appt....they met thru the cat carrier...and i really am not afraid at how they will react. I am sure at first, they might hiss, etc...but they are so alike, i think they will be the best of friends!! I am so lucky to have found such a sweet cat, and twice (my Dandy is my sweetheart too)!

My husband is on the computer where we can down load pics, so i will have to post them later...soon, i promise!!

Thanks for all of the good vibes...he is awesome.

I am guessing you are wondering what his name is....well, in lieu of it being the month of St. Patty's Day and the fact that he is a dark black colored cat...his name is.....

Guinness Patrick (Guinness is a dark Irish Ale)

So i will have pics up soon!

RObyn

sasvermont
03-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Congrats! Can't wait for the pictures! I will check in later today!

I am so happy for you!

Wait til Christian figures out he has TWO kitties now!

Love,
Sas

Christiansmommy
03-15-2003, 03:13 PM
Here are some pics of Guinness...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pd53e9885f4ce4b5cf7e39fc491573b58/fc805faa.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p07665b0a51d6fc226d6775f81d539387/fc805f88.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p7635863ae7dc3b095b515762f255a1f4/fc805f68.jpg

Enjoy!!

NoahsMommy
03-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Aww! What a sweetie pie!!! He sure is a gorgeous little boy!

I'm looking forward to hearing about how well the get along. Sounds like they will be best buds! More pictures?? ;)

Barbara
03-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Awww Guinness what a handsome boy you are:D I should have a Guinness beer on your health:)

sasvermont
03-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Congratulations on your new home Guinness! I know you will love it there. You are one lucky boy. Wait til you get to know everyone in the house, especially the little boy!

Can't wait til you get a clean bill of health and get to play with Dandy girl!

Love,

Auntie Sas and her Miley girl

kimlovescats
03-15-2003, 04:06 PM
How exciting ... congratulations!!! Will anxiously be awaiting those pics!!!:D

kimlovescats
03-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh WOW .... I didn't read down far enough .... what Gorgeous pics!! He is stunning!!!:)

Miss Meow
03-15-2003, 04:21 PM
He's beautiful! Congratulations!

I will have to pour a pint of the black stuff in celebration :D

jenluckenbach
03-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Congratulation on Guiness Patrick. He looks so sweet. This is so exciting!!

tatsxxx11
03-15-2003, 06:22 PM
Congratulations, Robyn!!:) What a stunning beauty; and the perfect compliment to Dandy! Can't wait to hear how they get along...I sounds like he's a real sweetheart and they'll be the best of buds! Welcome home, Guiness!!:D

Rachel
03-15-2003, 06:41 PM
And who would that be holding the new addition to the family....a proud Grandma Pam?

Such fun to enjoy your excitement with you Robyn. Can't wait for more pictures and updates on the new family member. Do we know how old his is and where he came from?

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2003, 07:02 PM
Congrats Robyn on your new addition!!!:) Guiness is gorgeous and I'm sure he'll get along great with his new sister Dandy.:) Please keep us updated.

Logan
03-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Robyn!!! He is magnificent!!! If I could choose a cat, any cat, in addition to the two I have, it would be a big, solid black, male!!!! You got him!!!! I love the thought of one day seeing a picture of Dandy and Guiness together. Talk about "black and white"!!! :p

Congratulations to you and Rob, and of course, Christian, and his proud Grandma, Pam!! :)

AmberLee
03-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Oh, what a CUTIE G.P. is! We want even MORE photos of this delightful boy! Fingers crossed here that he passes all health tests with flying colors!

His pelt is soooo glossy. And his personality sounds marvelous for your family. How exciting!

Christiansmommy
03-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the compliments...he is just perfect!! I wish you could all hear how LOUD he purrs, and chirps...he also head bumps like its going out of style!

He was an injured stray that came into their shelter 6 weeks ago. He had a wound on his tail that wasnt from a bite, but looked like it was from being caught on something. The foster mom/volunteer, saw the wound and didnt think it was being treated properly, so she took him to the vet and he stayed in the hospital for 3 days. She said he was soo good in the hospital and so friendly that she didnt want to take him back to the shelter, but fostered him instead. So anyway, i really lucked out!

We wanted a male b/c i have heard for one, that is easier to introduce a male to a female instead of a female to a female...and we just wanted a male anyway...i cant wait to get them into some pics. Dandy is a little leary of him now, but i am sure she will get used to him. He doesnt seem to have a problem with her...he lived with 2 dogs and several cats before he came here.

When the foster mom was putting him in my carrier, she gave him lots of hugs and kisses and said if for any reason at all that he didnt work out, she'd take him back to her home. As long as he doesnt have Feline Aids...then this little boy has definitely found his forever home !
;)

Robyn

Vermontcat
03-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Congratulations on the handsome new addition to your family!:D
He has gorgeous golden eyes that remind me of Tubby & Peanut's Mom's signature.:cool:
Did you say how old he is? I hope he gets along with Dandy, I can't wait to see pics of them snuggled together!:)

Christiansmommy
03-15-2003, 09:39 PM
They are guessing he is about a year old...Dandy is about a year and a half.

I think that he and Dandy will get along fine...she just needs to get used to another cat...he lived with them in foste care...so at least i only have to worry about one of them adjusting! And she is very easy going, so i think it will be okay!
:D :)

Robyn

Steffi N
03-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Guinness, you are handsome and lithe like a panther. What magnificent golden eyes. Hope your health check goes okay and you and Dandy are soon playing together. Congratulations Robyn, Rob and Christian.

Pam
03-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Yes Rachel and Logan, I am the grandma of this sweetie, and I was fortunate enough to be along for the trip which ended up with Guinness finding his forever home. He is just an amazing little boy. Coming home from the shelter, where we met his foster mommy, he was purring so loud we thought something was rattling in the car! I am not kidding! LOL! He chirps and is constantly giving everyone head bumpies and is soooo sweet!!! I am wondering if his new forever mommy and daddy will be able to sleep tonight with such a loud purring furbuddy tonight. :D Here is a picture I took earlier this evening. I have taken so many shots but they are a bit blurry so this is the best one of the bunch.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pcca019b723c24e2516a7737e3a9fbe25/fc7fdd6b.jpg
Oh and here is one of Pretty Miss Dandy Lion who is wondering what (or WHO) on earth has been brought into her palace! :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pf1bda2c748cfd6ff7ff02f6ee840f175/fc7fdc5c.jpg She is just a little doll!

rosethecopycat
03-16-2003, 12:47 AM
He's beautiful.

Wow, he's got a 'high clearance'! Very long legs.
My Mr. Jones runs low to the ground!

Congratulations, Guiness, on your forever home and mommy!
:D

wolf_Q
03-16-2003, 01:23 AM
Congratulations! He certainly is handsome! Sounds like a real love bug too! I'm sure he and Dandy will be buds in no time! :D

shais_mom
03-16-2003, 03:29 AM
He is simply precious and gorgeous!! And so is Dandy! She is sitting in the 'turkey stance!'
Congrats!

jenluckenbach
03-16-2003, 05:24 AM
Look at that front foot. That is not just a pose made while a cat walks.......that's HAPPY FEET!!!http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pcca019b723c24e2516a7737e3a9fbe25/fc7fdd6b.jpg

BastetsMum
03-16-2003, 05:25 AM
you are all making me Jealous!! I want another kitty! He is gorgeous!!

He has the same eye colour as Bastet!

WOW!

Congrats :)

Rachel
03-16-2003, 06:52 AM
Oh goodie, more pictures. These two will be simply beautiful together. He does have that Panther look. I sure hope Dandy will enjoy her new brother's company. She does look a bit perplexed in that last photo, like ...Whatever would they want with him, when they have me?

How do these two compare sizewise? I'm guessing he is small for a male and I know she is a petite miss. How did the first night go? Hopefully he knew he was in his forever home and was relaxed. How do you manage keeping them separated? Just confine him to one room?

03-16-2003, 07:15 AM
Aw , black & white..., it cannot be better!!!
Guinness has GORGEOUS eyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pd53e9885f4ce4b5cf7e39fc491573b58/fc805faa.jpg

Oh my , I am glad you give this stunning boy a new forever-home!!! If you ever think he doesn't fit in ...., I'd love to give this boy a chance!!
But , just kidding, I simply know that this is one of those perfect re-homings!!!

smokey the elder
03-16-2003, 07:47 AM
What a handsome fella you are. I love the name Guinness Patrick. I'd love to name a male cat Tully (from Tullemore Dew, my favorite whiskey.) I'm sure Guinness will get along with his sisfur. They are both such do-di-do cats. ;)

ChrisH
03-16-2003, 10:23 AM
Congratulations!:) Guinness is a real cutiepie!:)

Chris

HayleyRosie
03-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Guinness is a real handsome boy. I love his eyes. Congratulations!

lynnestankard
03-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Wow Robyn (and Pam!!) Guiness is one handsome, gorgeous sweetie-pie. Can't wait to see a pic., of him lying down and Dandy being the 'head' of the pint!!!

Welcome Guiness to your forever home xxx

Lynne

NoahsMommy
03-16-2003, 03:18 PM
What a sweeite! I'm so glad it seems to be working out! Wonderful!!

Randi
03-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Congratulations on your new addition, Robyn! Guiness Patrick is stunning! Beautiful eyes and coat, and a sweet character it sounds! :) What else could anyone wish for! I'm sure he'll get along with Dandy in no time.

A big hug from me and purrs from Fister.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Oh and here is one of Pretty Miss Dandy Lion who is wondering what (or WHO) on earth has been brought into her palace! :D

I think that is the most un-relaxed I've ever seen sweet little Dandy. ;) :) I'm sure she was wondering who the new guy was, but she is such a sweety that I'm sure they'll be best friends in no time. :)

Congratulations Robyn and proud Grandma Pam. He is absolutely adorable and sounds like a real little lover boy.

And RoseTCC, I agree, he has great ground clearance. ;) :D Although it looks like he needs to fill out a bit. But I'm sure now that he's in a loving home and as he gets older that will happen. :)