PDA

View Full Version : Edwina Enjoys An Early Spring day

Edwina's Secretary
03-15-2003, 12:55 PM
It's a lovely early spring day. Edwina and I decided to check out what winter has done to the back yard.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p16c8361b9bd4a8fe7a85ae07f495c5ee/fc808fb1.jpg

Shirley dropped by
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p0d4e0d9b0519e4b61b0d2fe125ad855b/fc808fc0.jpg

She stayed for a few snacks
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p84f09cc8a676d10695bbf5164c7605fd/fc809163.jpg

A mouse has a hole in the ground in these bushes. Edwina dreams of the day Mouse runs out of the hole and into Edwina's waiting paws! She can sit like this for hours! http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/p92c982efb2a3a773f01c2a7454392554/fc809159.jpg

sasvermont
03-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Wow Winny, spring really has sprung in your part of town! We still have snow here! My Mom said we sometimes get snow on Memorial Day, so I am not putting away the snow shovel for some time.

Winny, did you hear that I might be getting a new little (?) brother on Tuesday? His name is Ti. My Mom said she might just take a day off from work to get him and show him the ropes. I know that no cats will ever take the place of my dear sweet litter brother, Grammy and my adopted brother Gabe, but hey, to me, I have to go for those kitties available. I understand Gabe and Grammy are out of town.

So Winny, do you think you will be getting a new bonnets? What do you do with your old ones? I can't wait to see your spring collection this year. And what about an Easter bonnet?

Winny, I really enjoyed meeting you when we all were at Lut's for Maya and Inka's party. Sorry I haven't been in touch lately but I am back on track now!

Happy spring. Maybe it will arrive here in Vermont some day!

Love,
Miley

Karen
03-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Oh, Edwina, Miss Hoppy is completely jealous. I keep trying to tell her Spring is coming, and we've even had a couple kind of warm days, but she looks outside, sees the snow, and goes back in and calls me a liar! :)

You are lovely as always, good to see you out enjoying the sunshine!

ChrisH
03-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Lovely pictures, thanks! I always love hearing about what Miss Edwina is doing.

Chris

slick
03-15-2003, 01:30 PM
Oh Edwina, where is your sun hat???? You would love it up here today. High of 13 (I think that's about 56 down there??) Sun is shining brightly and I'm in shorts.

All the spring birds are flying about and you would really have hours of entertainment. Lovely to see you again Edwina!!:D

zippy-kat
03-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Miz Edwina you are as gorgeous as the sunshine!
And I love your friend Shirley! She too sweet (and quite chunky! you must feed her well!! ;) )

Sara, I think I've asked you this before, but what kind of harness is that? K'Cee thinks she'd like to go outside -- but I'm not too sure! :eek:

Randi
03-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Edwina, you're so lucky to have such a nice back garden and a friend like Shirley to have a chat with. Do you think there are any walnut trees there, she seems to come and visit quite a lot! Most of the snow seem to have melted, so no cold paws! :) Edwina, isn’t it exiting to watch that hole there, perhaps there’s still a mouse hiding! :eek: Now, you better go and put your hat on, so you don’t get a sunburn on your pretty little head! ;)

Fister sits in the bathroom every day, waiting for one to come out of the drain! :rolleyes:

Barbara
03-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Hi Edwina, isn't it nice to feel the sun on your nose. Shirley seems to have lived in winter very well -if you look at her southern pole:D

Tigris and Filou also would LOVE to catch live mousies but there are none here:(

Karen
03-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Miz Edwina you are as gorgeous as the sunshine!
And I love your friend Shirley! She too sweet (and quite chunky! you must feed her well!! ;) )

Sara, I think I've asked you this before, but what kind of harness is that? K'Cee thinks she'd like to go outside -- but I'm not too sure! :eek:

Yes, does that harness just go around her middle, no strap under her chin? Miss Hoppy HATES the bunny harness we got her, maybe that kind would disarrange her fur less, and we could take walks!

kimlovescats
03-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Lovely Edwina... I'm so glad you enjoyed your day outside... my kitties enjoyed a romp in the cat fenced yard today also!!! Love that Shirley squirrel ... what a cutie!

Miss Meow
03-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Edwina, there's nothing as pleasant as the late winter sun on one's back, much nicer than the snow we last saw you in!

gini
03-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Darn it Miz Edwina, I am downright jealous. Even though my Mom says not to complain it is raining really really hard here in Los Angeles....not even a peek at the sunshine today. Can I come over and help you with the mousie? Just ask, and I will come a flyin' for you.

Love, Rascal

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Edwina you're one lucky cat to be able to enjoy your back yard on such a nice day. :)

Logan
03-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Oh, Edwina, Butter is pining away. He had rain all day and couldn't go outdoors (or wouldn't would be more correct). I'm so glad you had a bright sunny day to visit with Shirley, who is darling, by the way!!! Thank you for the wonderful pictures!!!!

Logan and Butter :)

AmberLee
03-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Oh, Miss Edwina, you is lookin CHARMING these days! You is still my style guru. Dare I hope that these charming pictures mean that hats is OUT this season? I would deawly wuv to tell MEOWmy to put my sunhat away, far far far away...

Happily,
Livvy-wivvy!

Steffi N
03-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Lovable and I are waiting for Spring to come to New Jersey, though it has been warming up. You and Shirley look like you are having a great time. Can't wait for the spring millinery collection.
You are, Edwina, a most elegant lady.

03-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Oh Miss Edwina, I fully agree with you !! Nothing better for the soul than those first nice Spring days!!! We have several flowers in our garden already, and the sun is shining too! So, if you are interested in an early-spring-walk with Maya & Inka, feel free to fly over!! The cat-hotel is all ready for a new cat-season too!!

Pam
03-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Ah what a nice day to be outside and sniffing in all of those wonderful new earthy scents. My boys have to smell those smells through the window screens :rolleyes: so they are very envious. It seems that Shirley has managed to get through the winter quite well. In fact she seems a little more 'plump' than the last time we saw her. Do you think she might have found a husband to keep her warm over the winter and maybe might be a mommy-to-be? (My apologies to Shirley if that is not the case!) hehe! Edwina we look forward to more of your outside adventures. ;)

Ann
03-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Well dear miss Edwina, you sure gave Oliver some ideas! He's been wanting to go outside now ever since the snow begun to melt.

Lovely pics :)

Cataholic
03-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh, Edwina, isn't Spring lovely? We are all out in the back yard, enjoying the grass and the sun on our backs. Meowmie is doing some yard work...I think we are all supervising very well. I am glad we are more common, we don't ever have to wear hats! Never! I like your friend, Shirley. And, I, too, could sit for hours waiting for Mr. Mousie.
fondly,
Tex

momoffuzzyfaces
03-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Miss Edwina
Spring is on the way here too, finally! One of Shirley's cousins is sitting under a tree in my yard happily munching of sunflower seeds I put out for the birds (and any critter that's hungry). Frolicking is soon to comence I'm sure. Any new spring fashions in your horizons? A new Easter bonnet perhaps?:D

Edwina's Secretary
03-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Dearest Miley,

I heard the exciting news about your new kitties. A Bengal and an Abys! Wow --- those can be high energy. Are you up for that?

If they get to be too much...come on over (you know the train route!) and we can have a nice relaxing cup of tea. If they really get to be too much I know where my parents keep the hard stuff!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/pefdbf04a104f25412288490e99149349/fc907793.jpg

Wait til you see my newest...head gear! I'm afraid Miss Livvy will be unhappy but I think these are dynamite!

Fondly,

Winny

NoahsMommy
03-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Cute!!!

I love your friend Shirley, Edwina. She sure looks happy with all those nuts.

Glad the snow is melting and you can once again bask in the sunlight of the yard.

Karen
03-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Dearest Edwina, did you see our questions about your harness? I know you are a fastidiously fashionable young lady, so anything that suits you might be good for a certain bunny I know, too!

shais_mom
03-16-2003, 04:59 PM
WINNY you are sure gorgeous!!!
I am glad you enjoyed your outing!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Shirley seems to have lived in winter very well -if you look at her southern pole

It seems that Shirley has managed to get through the winter quite well. In fact she seems a little more 'plump' than the last time we saw her. Do you think she might have found a husband to keep her warm over the winter and maybe might be a mommy-to-be?

My relationship with Shirley has now advanced to where she not only takes the nuts from my fingers but, while I was brushing Edwina yesterday, tapped me on the leg to indicate her interest in more nuts. Then she sits with me while she eats them.

This "up close and personal" time with her has convinced me she has more than a few nuts in the oven! My squirrel population will be increasing very soon.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pfd123f50594e7dafe740a72111c4cf66/fc7eeaa5.jpg
Momma (to-be) Shirley

Pam
03-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Aaah that is sweet! I thought she was getting a little thick around the middle! :D I hope she doesn't decide to give birth in your attic. We had a momma squirrel do that a few years ago (she got in through the attic fan) and what an experience it was getting them out of there. At first we thought we only had one squirrel up there (lots of scratching, etc.) and we hired a man to come and trap her while she was out scavenging. He put a trap on the roof and when she came home she went inside and was caught. He released her somewhere far away. He said her physical appearance told him she had recently given birth. Well after she was taken away we still heard scratching upstairs. Turns out there were two little ones up there. Hubby found one and assumed it was an "only child." A few days later we smelled an odor and he went back up and found there was a sibling who had unfortunately died under the insulation! I hope Shirley chooses a nicer spot for her little ones. You must get pictures if you can!

batgirl1980
03-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Hi Miss Edwina!
Dis is Mozart, Bach, and Eliza. We r so envious of u! We can only look and smell de outside wurld through r screens, becuz we live in an apartment, and der are dogs that run loose. Meowmie says she won't risk us getting hurt so we must be good and stay inside... at least it's nice enough now she lets us smell the air!

Ur friend Shirley id cute too. We can't wait to hear when she becomez a mommie. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Oh Ms Edwina, it was a lovely day on Saturday, wasn't it? I'm so glad you got to go outside and see if that mousie had come to his right mind and would run out to you. ;) :)

And Shirley is quite the squirrel friend you have there too. To tap your mommy on the leg and demand more nuts! Well I never...;) :) Sounds like she's got good reason to want/need more food though. :)

catmandu
03-18-2003, 09:52 AM
Edwina , our Daddy wont let us outside as we live beside these cheap welfare drunks! we dont know what that means , but they are loud , smell bad and try to hurt us , even coming on our property, when our dad doesnt know it! It is too bad because we like to play with squirrels and mice too! Michael the Mild , lost cats hotel Mouser.*+

Barbara
03-19-2003, 04:05 AM
Oh little squirrels -that's too cute. Shirley sorry for having wrong theories about your shape.

Sara: tapping on your legs for more treats: do you think Edwina gave her some cat information how to increase life quality?

Freckles
04-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
This "up close and personal" time with Shirley has convinced me she has more than a few nuts in the oven! My squirrel population will be increasing very soon.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

any news??

Edwina's Secretary
04-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Shirely is back with a ravenous appetite and a svelte figure!

Here she is today looking very relaxed!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pb288cd6337ae2fae646d8957474b30f0/fc4fcea8.jpg

AmberLee
04-19-2003, 09:44 PM
:D :D Haaa-haa! She's looking a little past relaxed and more than half way into exhausted to me! Such a cute shot! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Barbara
04-20-2003, 08:19 AM
Have you any ideas where she hid her babies?

Edwina's Secretary
04-21-2003, 12:25 PM
I think her nest is high in a big oak tree in front of the house....at least that is where I have followed her! (Must look a little odd "tailing" a squirrel :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) I don't seem to see the babies until they are close to full grown!

Cinder & Smoke
04-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Sara, I think I've asked you this before,
but what kind of harness is that?
K'Cee thinks she'd like to go outside --
but I'm not too sure! :eek:

Dad found this earlier thread about Miz Edwina's Harness...

Harness... (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=250768)

Here's the Manufacturer's web site >>
HDW Inc (http://www.hdw-inc.com)

HDW refers to Miz Edwina's walking rig as their
"Cat Walking Jacket" :cool:

"Cat Walking Jacket" product page is at >>
"Cat Walking Jacket" (http://www.hdw-inc.com/walkingjackets.htm)

Wunder whut Mr Boots wuld think about wunna thoze rigz??
Prolly not too much! :rolleyes: