PDA

View Full Version : Little help, please...

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 06:40 PM
Hello, I hate to bother you all about this, but, I need a link to the Rainbow Bridge poem for my niece, Ashley, who just had to PTS her baby, Ashton. He was real sick, and the decision had to be made. She is 14, and doesn't know the poem, and I can't find it in her hour of need....can someone give me a link to it? I will then send her our site address......

Thanks, and I know I can count on you guys.......

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 06:45 PM
I think I need a little more help than I originally asked for. My niece feels pretty awful about this, and wonders if 'she did the right thing'. I am her aunt...she is going to expect me to answer a certain way. Can you guys help her? Let her know that sometimes the hardest thing is the best thing? The kitty had feline aids.......thanks..
I have given her the link, so she can see what is being written...

Karen
03-14-2003, 06:49 PM
The story of
The Rainbow Bridge:
a place just this side of heaven

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon
your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER. . . . .

Inspired by the Norse legend, author unknown.

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 06:51 PM
Karen,
Thanks for helping out a very sad young lady, Ashley, tonight.
Johanna

Karen
03-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Oh Ashley, girl, you did the right thing, I know if. If Ashton could speak to you, he would say, "Don't cry, Mama. I know you love me, and that means more to a kitty than anything else. I didn't like being sick, but it was even worse that it made you sad, too."

Ashley, kitties live on in our hearts long after we have said good-bye to them in person. Ashton will always, always be with you, curled up and purring in a corner of your heart, for the times when you most need him.

jenluckenbach
03-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Ashley, It is a very tough thing, doing what is right, but what is hard. Ashton could not tell you in words that he was hurting, you needed to know that in your heart. And because of the love you had for him your heart told you what you needed to do. Unfortunately, that often breaks your heart. This causes you to doubt. I know I had my doubts when placed in your situation, but as time helps to heal the sorrow it will also reasure you that you DID do the right thing. Feel no embarrassment at showing your grief and know that as time goes by, you WILL be able to remember all the special times and the pain won't feel quite so bad.
I am truely sorry for your loss.
Jen

tatsxxx11
03-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Dear Ashley, I know right now your heart is breaking and your eyes are filled with tears. We all know the deep, inconsolable pain you are feeling and my heart is breaking for you. But you did the most selfless, loving, final gesture a furmom can do for her baby, you released him from his pain and suffering. I am sure that every moment of his life he knew how very loved he was and that he thanks you for having the courage to show him this final act of love and kindness. It will take time, but after a while your sadness will be replaced by the many, many happy memories that you made and shared. And please hold onto to the thought that one day, in the distant future, you and sweet Ashton will be together again. He waits for you now at the Rainbow Bridge, basking in the warm sunshine and running happy and whole again with all of our beloved Rainbow Bridge babies. Surround yourself with family and friends who shared your love for Ashton; with other who love animals as you do. And remember, you have a lot friends you have never met, who share you sadness and send to you our love, support and prayers. Rest easy, now dear, beautiful Ashton. You will forever live on in your Mommy's heart and you will never be forgotten. Love Sandra

Cinder & Smoke
03-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Dear Ashley ~

We're all so sorry that your Beloved Kitty, Ashton,
has traveled on to the Rainbow Bridge.

Take comfort in knowing that you've spared him from
his pain and suffering;

Ashton ~
Safe Trip to the Rainbow Bridge...
Rest In Peace.

-------------------------------------------------

Here are links to the Rainbow Bridge site...

Rainbow Bridge Poem list (http://www.petloss.com/poems/poems.htm)

PetLoss / Rainbow Bridge home page (http://www.petloss.com/)

/s/ Phred :(

batgirl1980
03-14-2003, 07:14 PM
Ashley,
I know our words can only bring so much comfort, but know we are all sending you our prayers.

You did the right thing sweetie. Ashton would tell you so himself. In fact, I'm sure he's looking down on you right wishing he could comfort you, and let you know how brave you are and how proud he is of you, and how glad he is that you are is mommy and gave him the life he had while he was here.

I know it's hard now, but in time you will be able to move past your hurt and remember all the wonderful times you had with Ashton, and how wonderful he was. Just know he's at the RB playing and keeping an eye on you, awaiting the joyful day you can be reunited... but that until then he'd want you to know how grateful he is that you did what did.

I am sorry for your loss.
Heather.

RockyRoad
03-14-2003, 07:54 PM
Ashley,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. But by all means, you did the right thing. Although it was hard for you, Ashton will be grateful that you freed him from the sickness he was dealing with. One day you will walk together on the Rainbow Bridge. Remember that he is probably playing with a large yarn ball on the RB, and misses you everyday.

Britt

zippy-kat
03-14-2003, 09:21 PM
I'm already blubbering from forgetting to include Sophie in "Have you gotten any pets since joining pet talk?"... and now these REALLY have me crying!!

I Loved You Best
Copyright © Jim Willis 2002,
all rights reserved
So this is where we part, My Friend,
and you'll run on, around the bend,
gone from sight, but not from mind,
new pleasures there you'll surely find.

I will go on, I'll find the strength,
life measures quality, not its length.
One long embrace before you leave,
share one last look, before I grieve.

There are others, that much is true,
but they be they, and they aren't you.
And I, fair, impartial, or so I thought,
will remember well all you've taught.

Your place I'll hold, you will be missed,
the fur I stroked, the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
take with you this...I loved you best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Stood By Your Bed Last Night
I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying.
You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today. Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning
and say "Good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.
-- Author Unknown

Russian Blue
03-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Ashley,

Many hearts feel your suffering right now since most of us have been there also. It's the saddest part of life, but know that you did what was best for your friend.

If It Should Be

If it be I grow frail and weak,
And pain should wake me from my sleep.
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle can’t be won.

You will be sad, I’ll understand,
Don’t let your grief, then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stand the test.

We’ve had so many happy years,
What is to come will hold no fears.
You’ll not want me to suffer,
So when the time comes, please let me go.

I know in time, you too will see,
It is a kindness you do me.
Although my tail, its last has waved,
From pain and suffering, I’ve been saved.

Do not grieve that it should be you,
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We’ve been so close, we two, these years,
Don’t let your heart hold any tears.

~ Author Unknown

kimlovescats
03-14-2003, 09:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, and I know that it hurts really bad right now! Just try to remember that you ended Ashton's pain, and now he doesn't have to be sick and hurt anymore! The pain will lessen with time, and soon it will be replaced by only happy memories! ;)

Miss Meow
03-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about Ashton. I know it's hard now, but you just made one of the hardest decisions of your life. One day you'll be able to see that you did the right thing for dear Ashton.

lynnestankard
03-15-2003, 04:24 AM
Dear Ashley - you will cry and grieve so much for such a dearly loved furbaby. You think the hurt will never go away - in a strange way it doesn't but you're more able to manage it. Oh you'll cry at unexpected times - like most of Pet Talkers are now having read those lovely poems. Remember more than anything you loved and cared for sweet Ashton - then were so grown up and responsible you gave him the release he so needed - how brave of you. I suppose love is not being selfish - and you've proved your love for such a dear furboy. I know you don't know us but believe me Ashton will have been met at Rainbow Bridge by so many lovely pets!

RIP Sweet Ashton - another star twinkles tonight.
Love from Lynne

NoahsMommy
03-15-2003, 04:42 AM
Ashley,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing, sweetie. Pets rely on us to help them...you did the best thing for your sweet Ashton.

He's in a happy, painfree place. Frolicing after butterflies, playing with our lost pets.

Take care,
Kelly

Cataholic
03-15-2003, 06:12 AM
Thank you, my friends, thank you. Ashley has seen alot of these, and will have a chance to read them all today. I knew I could turn to you guys for help on this one.
Johanna

Barbara
03-15-2003, 06:30 AM
Look at Bari_D's website . http://www.cathappy.com There is a very comprehensive and I think comforting RB section .

catland
03-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Dear Ashley,

I know how much you hurt. It is always so hard to lose a friend. I'm so sorry for your loss.:(

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( Just remember that you did everything you could for Ashton and now he's in a better place. He's free from pain and sickness and he's waiting until you come for him at Rainbow Bridge. Rest in peace sweet Ashton. {{{HUGS}}}

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/clipart/rainbow.gif

HayleyRosie
03-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Ashley,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You did the right thing. Remember he is happy and healthy now at the rainbow bridge.