PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

monkeyluver
03-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Okay well I've been talking to this boy mostly through IM. He's interested in buying a monkey and I've been answering his questions and such. Just today he told me that where he lives you cannot own monkeys unless you get a permit which is extremely hard to get. He said he was unwilling to apply for the permit and is moving into a new house which supposidly has 9acres and he says he is glad because there no one will know he owns a monkey.

I really don't think this is right. What should I do?

-Rachel

Karen
03-14-2003, 05:02 PM
I would check how difficult applying for a permit is where he lives, and tell him again that he has to get one. If he's not willing to go through some "trouble" to get a moneky, I don't think he is showing the responsibility to takes to be a good monkey owner, either.

monkeyluver
03-14-2003, 05:06 PM
I know it's not as hard as it seems. He does have to have a written statement on his purpose of owning the monkey.

I really hate it when people buy illegal primates and I will take your advice Karen.

-Rachel

Karen
03-14-2003, 09:10 PM
I think our gut feeling is right on this. Taking care of a monkey is not as easy as a goldfish. Monkey are wonderful, complex creatures, and they need responsible owners. I'm sure you'll find someone better.