PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Canada :)

ramanth
03-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Today, after work, I'm going to be taking a much needed vacation for a week. :)

I'm visiting my friend who lives near Toronto.

Living in Michigan I dare not say I'm going to a foriegn country because Canada just never feels foriegn to me.

(Although I never can figure out why their vending machines take US coins but ours does not take Canadian. :mad: ;) :p LOL! )

Anyway, Kia is spending the week with my parents, while Zam will have run of the apartment (my parents will check on her every other day).

See you all in a week!

lizbud
03-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Sounds good. Have a great trip & enjoy your visit. :)

lynnestankard
03-14-2003, 12:51 PM
Have a fantastic trip and enjoy being with your friend.

Lynne

NoahsMommy
03-14-2003, 12:58 PM
How wonderful!! Have a very nice trip!

Ann
03-14-2003, 01:42 PM
Have a great time! :)

anna_66
03-14-2003, 02:25 PM
Hope you have a wonderful time Kim! We'll be waiting for your return next week:)

Dakota's Mommy
03-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Have a good and safe trip! I hope it's relaxing as you hope it will be!!!!!!!!!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-14-2003, 04:31 PM
Have a good trip Kim!

Karen
03-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Have a nice time, try not to miss Kia and Zam tooo much! :)

KYS
03-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Have a safe trip. :)

primabella
03-14-2003, 05:01 PM
have a nice trip! :) canada's cool ;) :p

marysmerrycats
03-14-2003, 05:07 PM
have a wonderful vacation!!

HoRsELUvR
03-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Hope you have a great trip!Canada sounds really cool!

The Cat Factory
03-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Hope you have a Great time!

moosmom
03-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Kimmy,

Have a great vacation and a safe trip! Call me when you return and maybe we can get together! Hugs from Eli and the gang!

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Kimmy,
Enjoy your trip! I know the lovers will be ready for your return, but, in the meantime, have some fun!!!
Johanna

Crikit
03-14-2003, 07:34 PM
Have fun Kim, ooo ooo maybe you can have some Ketchup chips and then explain to all the other americans just what everyone is missing :D

I'm a crazy Canuck what can I say?

wolfsoul
03-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Have a great trip, Kim! :D

iceyshiver21
03-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Have fun!!'

ramanth
03-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Just a quick note to let you know I got here safely. :D

Been having a blast!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe St. Patricks day yesterday. :D

03-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Enjoy it, Kimmy!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

kingrattus
03-18-2003, 12:18 PM
So how u liking the heat out here, I'm not far from Toronto so wer have approx the same temps. It was so hot yesterday I was wearing my tank-top & thin pants. but the funny thing is , is that we have about 3 feet of snow on the ground. SO I bet I sound real crazy to u americans eh?

Note, thats why I called myself the crazy Canadian.

Get ur friend to take u to Smiths Falls (4hr trip but worth it) & visit Hersheys, its a chocolate factory. Every visitor get a chocolate bar of some sort... I'm from Smiths Falls & I think it'll be worth a visit.

anna_66
03-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Glad to hear your having fun!!

ramanth
03-21-2003, 11:14 AM
We drove past it Kingrattus... but it wasn't on our agenda. Maybe next time. :)

We went to Niagra Falls, toured the vineyards, Casa Loma, CN tower, had dinner atop the CN tower at 360 (what a view!!), and caught a performance of Mamma Mia. :D

Still having fun, but this week flew by so fast. *sighs*

We head home tomorrow. Shouldn't have a problem getting across the border but we're anticipating delays.

Take care everyone. :)

moosmom
03-21-2003, 11:44 AM
Kim,

Glad you had a good time! Please have a safe trip back. Looking foward to the 30th! Call me when you get home.

Hugs from Eli.

kingrattus
03-21-2003, 12:26 PM
Shouldn't have a problem getting across the border but we're anticipating delays.
-------------------
Rob, Tom & I went to the us to have McDonalds.. We go every 6 months because we get really bored and have nothing else better to do or go & the McDonalds fries & drinks r HUGE compaired to ours, so its always a cool trip. But every time we go, the us custom guys never believe our story, so they search our car & ask stupid boring questions (but we don't complain too much except for last time.

it was 7pm when we got to the border & we knew the drill, park the car & go into the building & be asked questions. But this time the customs at the toll booth was an ass, first me made us drive backwards to read a Stop sign because we didn't stop (we didn't stop because he waved us over) & there were no other cars anywhere!! Then like usual he doesn't like our McDonalds story, Tells us to park over there & come inside the building... There were 5 or 6 guys in there with their hands on their GUNS!! They made us sit down to one side of the building & one at a time, fill out a card & show ID & ask boring questions...

Then they made one at a time go to the other side of the building & take off our coats (did I mention the u guards standing at the only exit door were holding their gun handles).. They made us empty our pockets, lift our shirts (except me)... Then we had to hand or coates to a guard to search pockets they didn't want us to touch. Thats when they found 30 straws in Toms coat & the 3 of us burst out laughing loudly. Tom has been collecting straws for about 2 yrs now from diff restraunts we go to because hes tired of not having a straw when he needs one (drinking pop of course)...
Then they found 290$ in my coat & I went red. I forgot to take my rent & bus pass money out of my pocket & was afraid he was gonna think we were drug dealers. Luckly he believed me. Then he found my gun lisence... & boy did their head turn fast & they were all stairing at me....
He asked where my gunes were & how many I owned/had...
I told him I didn't have any on me nor in the car. I own a .22 riffle & Rob ownes a .30 cal, a mini 14, half an AR15 (he's building it), another .22 & 2 CZ75 .40 cal pistoles & he wanted to hear some stories about me using my guns...
After 45min-1hr we were set free to go to McDonalds at last... we spent 20 mins there & headed home.. We stoped at the same border (except the canadian side) & the guy asked why we want to go to canada & we told him we live in ottawa & we just got back from McDonalds... Well he already heard about our ordeal with the americans & asked if we had fun getting in & Rob said, YA the cavity search wasn't too bad, the guy was real gentle... & the can. customs guard burst out laughing & told us to get lot...

& we can't wait till our next visit to the usa for McDonalds... :D

moosmom
03-21-2003, 04:11 PM
Kingrattus,

What??? No cavity search? They're slipping. (J/K) :D

weiner_teddy
03-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Have fun, be safe, and have a good trip!!

kingrattus
03-21-2003, 11:16 PM
heheh... we want to go again soon just to bug em... hehehe

shais_mom
03-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Glad you had a fun week!!!
Hope to see you next week!!

ramanth
03-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Gracious kingrattus! That's quite an ordeal to go thru. You guys must really love our McDonalds. :D

No problems getting into the U.S. There were no cars in front of us so there was no wait at all and the guy just wanted to know our nationality... never asked for ID. :) He was nice. I guess my friend and I didn't look like a threat to national security. ;)

Miss my friend already.... back to work... *sigh*

But good to be home.

Zam was so happy to see me and I pick up Kia tonight.

ChrisH
03-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Kimmy, I am so pleased you had a good time on your Canadian visit :) and glad too to see you back home!:) I bet Kia will be so happy to see you, that tail will be awagging!

Chris