PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten a new pet since coming to Pet Talk?

Pam
03-14-2003, 06:34 AM
There have been so many new furkids adopted recently at Pet Talk and a few on the horizon (Sasvermont and Christiansmommy) that I was wondering how many members have gotten new pets since being here. When I joined Pet Talk I only had my kitties so I have added two! How about everyone else? Have you gotten a pet since being a Pet Talker?

03-14-2003, 07:02 AM
I lost my Sydney last summer :(
Since then, we adopted our two rascals Maya & Inka, and our guinea pig Jasper! And also many new fish in the pond!

bluekat
03-14-2003, 08:04 AM
No, i just joined two days ago(i think) and i've had my five, so no i haven't goten any new pets. i'm hoping to get more though;)

zippy-kat
03-14-2003, 08:13 AM
2 on this end: K'Cee and the Hyper-Piper!

Logan
03-14-2003, 08:47 AM
Well, I clicked on "four or more". We added Murphy, obviously through my marriage and what a joy she is! :) Butter came to live with us since I have been a Pet Talk member.........it's funny for me to go back read those old messages about when he showed up and there was no way I was going to keep him! :o Roger and Milly, our Cockatiels, have been added to our family. And we got Olivia Hamster, who is now at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

Good question, Pam! :)

Christiansmommy
03-14-2003, 11:36 AM
I have gotten one cat, since i joined, and maybe one more on the way...time will tell.

Robyn

aly
03-14-2003, 11:39 AM
I already had Reece and Shiloh when I joined. I took Lolly in as a foster a few months after joining and she quickly turned permanent :D

I've had sooooo many fosters during this time but I know they don't count!

NoahsMommy
03-14-2003, 12:03 PM
I voted wrong...I voted we adopted three, but I forgot the fish!

Since coming to Pet Talk: 10 new pets!

ramanth
03-14-2003, 12:13 PM
I adobted Kia and then found Pet Talk to help me answer my numerous questions about raising a dog since she was my first. :)

Since then, I've taken Zam, my calico cat, in. :)

ParNone
03-14-2003, 12:46 PM
I got Oz after I joined Pettalk. Seems like when I first joined
I was planning on getting a Bernese Mountain Dog, but after
a few months of research decided on a Smooth Coated Collie.
Best decision ever.

http://whitetrashdumbutt.homestead.com/files/oz_camp_9.jpg

Par...

popcornbird
03-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Nope. I had Popcorn and Muffin before I joined.

If you count pet spiders, I think we have plenty of new ones in the house. :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2003, 01:57 PM
I only wish......;) :)

anna_66
03-14-2003, 02:11 PM
We took Huney in about 3 months after I joined.
We weren't planning on keeping her, we thought that 2 was enough, but after loosing our other chow Keisha there was a void, and I guess she came along to fill it:D
Best decision we ever made!!!

jenluckenbach
03-14-2003, 02:18 PM
considering I have only been here since sept 2002, I did OK. I got Kim and Jim in Nov. (so 2)

Dakota's Mommy
03-14-2003, 02:21 PM
For me, we got Dakota right before I joined. I had seen the site though because my sister was on it and had me checking it before we got Dakota. Since we got her though, and since I've joined, we got both Destiny and Sierra! My 3 spoiled girls!

Desert Arabian
03-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Yup, I have gotten many critters since I joined Pet Talk on 8-27-02. I got Fred and Oscar (my two male Husky Dumbo rats) on November 21,2002. I got Chloe and Daisy (my two female Agouti Hooded rats) on March 9th 2002. I got Nugget (female Agouti rat) on Feburary 17th 2002, and Sweet Pea (female Agouti rat) was born on March 21,2002. That was a little bit before I joined.

I know this isn't along the exact topic...but I have had many deaths too. :( 3 rats have passed away since I joined...1 a little bit before I joined. :(

primabella
03-14-2003, 04:18 PM
just mickey :D

Cincy'sMom
03-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Ralph joined PT in may of 2001. We got Cincy in Nov. of 2001 and I joined in Jan of 2002, so even though we have not gotten any new pets since I joined, I voted 1 for Ralph :)

marysmerrycats
03-14-2003, 04:23 PM
LOL since joining pettalk, I have adopted 6 more cats!!I already had Muffin, and had just lost Cookie.
for some reason I can not vote in the poll, I will pm Karen and ask why..

ChrisH
03-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Just one, Ebby my cat. :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/paaa36dd449d88e80a5d266fa62d27aa8/fc81e6d6.jpg

Chris

The Cat Factory
03-14-2003, 05:46 PM
I have gotten Hercules, Xena, Majesty, Mischief and Rascal :) So 5 new Cats :)

Kfamr
03-14-2003, 05:59 PM
I've got my fish and Nala since joining pet talk.

TheAntiPam
03-14-2003, 06:07 PM
I lost two kitties and I gained two kitties - so I came out even - but that isn't counting the good friends I have gained here!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Yes, I have! We've added a bunch of new fishies!:) ;)

Hopefully, soon, I will get my drean doggy, aa Golden Retriever! Keep all paws, fingers, and fins crossed!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Well, I clicked on "four or more". We added Murphy, obviously through my marriage and what a joy she is! :) Butter came to live with us since I have been a Pet Talk member.........it's funny for me to go back read those old messages about when he showed up and there was no way I was going to keep him! :o Roger and Milly, our Cockatiels, have been added to our family. And we got Olivia Hamster, who is now at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

Good question, Pam! :)

Who's Murphey?:confused: Geeze, I must not have been paying attention!

zippy-kat
03-14-2003, 09:06 PM
HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN?!

I'm seriously in tears here! :( :(

Change my vote to 3... I didn't have Miz Sophie Marie when I first joined!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
03-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN?!

Don't fret, Zippy!

She's NOT furgotten! ;)

Why don't you go find the First Post you made
featuring the lil Luv-Bunn and post the link here?
We'd ALL like to remember Miz Sophie!

---------------------------------------

As fur OUR Fambly...
Me (lil Miz Cinders) anna Kat, Boots ~
We wuz alreddy here when Dad started jabberin on Pet Talk...

BUT ~
Youze Guyz all Helped Smokey get dopted! :D
I nebber cudda got the job dun wiffout allua Help
frum You Folkz!

Membur theeze Tailz??
Cinder wants to keep the Stray she "found"... (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3850&highlight=Stray)
January 22, 2001... :D

Miss Meow
03-14-2003, 10:05 PM
We added Pickles and Tabasco to our cat family a few months ago.

We'd love dogs too, but that'll have to wait until we have our own place, or the next PT poll ;)

Zippy, Miz Sophie *knows* that you didn't forget her, just the date. We all know how much you love her and she knew that every day she spent with you :)

slleipnir
03-14-2003, 10:19 PM
I got Zeke, 3 fish and a frog since I joined lol :D

Christiansmommy
03-14-2003, 10:25 PM
As of 11:24 eastern time on Friday the 14th, all of the new pets that are new ones since their mom/dad joined Pettalk are a whopping 48+ (since the last option says 4 or more)...thats pretty cool...just thought i'd share this little fact with you all :)

Robyn

Crikit
03-14-2003, 10:57 PM
I've added just one pet since joining Pet Talk and that would be the little man, Tamashii. Oh and I got my dad a Koi when he was in the rehab centre after his stroke but I do look after Fish (that's the kois name...I'm just to lazy to think of a good one.) 'cause it's easier for me to do it then my dad.

Pam
03-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
As of 11:24 eastern time on Friday the 14th, all of the new pets that are new ones since their mom/dad joined Pettalk are a whopping 48+ (since the last option says 4 or more)...thats pretty cool...just thought i'd share this little fact with you all :)

Robyn

Now I know why it's been so hard to keep up with everyone's new furkids! 48 Wow! They all have one thing in common and that is that they have been adopted by some of the most loving people in the world - Pet Talkers! ;)

shais_mom
03-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Well after I clicked on 2 I realized I added 2 fish also. :( So I should be at 4!
I started out with my beloved Shaianne, greyhound RB, she helped me find this wonderful place. Then I added Kylie, and when Shaianne crossed to the bridge, I added Keegan. Plus Jax and Jasper the bettas.

shais_mom
03-14-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Pam

Now I know why it's been so hard to keep up with everyone's new furkids! 48 Wow! They all have one thing in common and that is that they have been adopted by some of the most loving people in the world - Pet Talkers! ;)

OOOHHHHHH when I first read Robin's post I thought that HER AND HER HUBBY had adopted 48 new pets. I was thinking " Did they get fish????"

luckies4me
03-15-2003, 12:49 AM
I've added lots of ratties, Simon and Sadie, Peewee and I think that it is. :p

I already had Mystic, Cheetah, Tin Tin , Houdini, Spanky, Lucy, Geicko....well you know, the list goes on and on lol.

lovemyshiba
03-15-2003, 10:31 AM
We got Abbey shortly after I started coming to Pet Talk. I was already planning on another, but I want more now!!!

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Since I recently lost my Pepper, I've adopted Cirrus. So now I have 3 cats again. Here's a picture of him.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pea185f1c811890630827666a12f945f0/fc802970.jpg

Karen
03-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Congratulations, Cirrus, on entering a Pet Talk home! The good life has just begun for you! :)

RockyRoad
03-15-2003, 09:07 PM
I've added five bettas: Mooka, Bubbles, Popcorn, Ocean, and Aqua. I'm not sure if they count, but they sure do to me.:)

I've also lost one - Kelsey, my first Betta.

anna_66
03-16-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
Since I recently lost my Pepper, I've adopted Cirrus.

Congratulations!! He's beautiful:)

joycenalex
03-16-2003, 10:47 AM
when i joined PT in 1/2001, i only lived with alex the wonder dog in an apartment. i hoped/knew that i would get another dog when i bought the house, so i was careful to choose a dog friendly house (side door leading into fenced yard). i brought duke and alex, together, into their new house the day i had movers in last march, it was a full day :D. i hadn't planned on getting cats; an unresponsible friend, had kittens and well....i was planning on taking one, then one kitten turned into a momma cat and the kitten when i found that the friend was going to take momma to cat welfare after i picked up the kitten, so now mojo the mom and magic the kitten are sleeping on the dog crate behind me, duke is chewing his nylabone on the floor to the left of the chair and alex the wonder dog is watching the street. my home is complete:)

HayleyRosie
03-16-2003, 01:01 PM
I have adopted one kitten since I joined Pet Talk. Now I have two great furkids.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p1376ec3a5be2d8cbd780c90c4380cb7e/fc8c7c1a.jpg

Pam
03-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
when i joined PT in 1/2001, i only lived with alex the wonder dog in an apartment. i hoped/knew that i would get another dog when i bought the house, so i was careful to choose a dog friendly house (side door leading into fenced yard). i brought duke and alex, together, into their new house the day i had movers in last march, it was a full day :D. i hadn't planned on getting cats; an unresponsible friend, had kittens and well....i was planning on taking one, then one kitten turned into a momma cat and the kitten when i found that the friend was going to take momma to cat welfare after i picked up the kitten, so now mojo the mom and magic the kitten are sleeping on the dog crate behind me, duke is chewing his nylabone on the floor to the left of the chair and alex the wonder dog is watching the street. my home is complete:)

Sounds like my house, two of each and just heavenly! Congrats on all of the new additions!! That brings our new total, as of right now, to 61 new pets! (oops, this is probably a job for Freckles, our unofficial Pet Talk statistician, but I couldn't resist. :D )

Cincy'sMom
03-16-2003, 10:03 PM
I need to change my vote to 2!!!! If you haven't seen our new addition, check it out here...http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22685

wolf_Q
03-16-2003, 10:33 PM
When I joined I had Reggie and Smokey--now I have the Nebo boy too! :D