PDA

View Full Version : Email frustrations...

Cookiebaker
03-14-2003, 05:41 AM
For some reason, email that is being sent to me isn't hitting my account. I even had Mark send me a message and it didn't go through. I can view my account on-line and it's up & seems to be working, just no mail seems to go through. I'm pretty frustrated, and hope that things will be working again soon!!! :grr: :mad:

All Creatures Great And Small
03-14-2003, 06:48 AM
That happens to my sister a lot - it's frustrating for BOTH of us! I'll send her a really great e-mail, catching up on weeks worth of stuff, and she never gets it! Funny, as cheesy as AOL is, I've never had problems with the e-mail system (just everything else, LOL). Hope you can get it fixed soon!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2003, 01:51 PM
You might want to contact your internet provider. There may be a problem that they need to be aware of. I'm not as computer literate as I'd like to be, but one time Terry had this happen to him (he has Earthlink) and when he called them they told him......I really don't remember what they told him, but they had to go into his account and clear a bunch of old emails out. Seems he was deleting them, and they left his computer, but they were never permanently deleted from his account on Earthlink.

I have no idea if this makes any sense, but it might be worth the 20 minutes on hold to at least make them aware of what's going on.

Good luck! :)

Dakota's Mommy
03-14-2003, 02:33 PM
I have the problem every once and a while that people have been telling me that they've been sending me messages, but they won't go through for some reason. They're always checking my address, but there's nothing wrong with it. For some reason, some people just can't seem to email me. And I checked, I don't have them blocked either, it just doesn't want to come to me. However, I can send them messages! Explain that one!

Cookiebaker
03-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Yay it's up & running again!! I had 108 messages waiting...and I'm so glad that they came through finally!!!!! :)

HoRsELUvR
03-14-2003, 05:31 PM
I'm glad it finallly works!I agree that AOL is pretty cheesy.They make you pay a zillion dollars for not so great service.