PDA

View Full Version : Why I can't have #6, Excuses...

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 05:18 PM
I've made up a few to repeat in my head the next time we're at the shelter:

1. Five is enough in our two-bedroom apartment.

2. Can't have anymore girls....Olivia and Noel wont have it

3. Nowhere to hide another litterbox

4. There is only room for five thumbnails in my signature at PT

5. There are only five colors of Soft Paws

Sounds believable??? ;)

bluekat
03-13-2003, 05:23 PM
LOL at # 4 and #5, those won't stop you would they?:D #3 would be true for me. But for me, no matter how many excuses i have for not getting another one, its hard for me to make them believable;)

Russian Blue
03-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

*ahem*

Actually, I'm going to discount #4 & #5.

#4 - You can decrease the pic sizes to squeeze in one more. Or you can put the sixth kitty in your avatar!!

#5 - You can start doing multicoloured soft paws for the sixth cat!

Sorry, you have to do better! No problem with a 6th cat, and I'm sure many will back me up, Wayne, Jen, etc.

And you'll probably buy a house in the future, so throw out #1 while your at it!

:p :D

It's so easy for me to talk....coming from a one cat household!

:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
It's so easy for me to talk....coming from a one cat household!

:rolleyes:
Uh, huh....I want YOUR list!! ;)

batgirl1980
03-13-2003, 05:59 PM
:D funny funny! Though I have to agree with the others, the soft paws isn't really an excuse.. You can always rotate colors.. the new addition could get like "blue, purple, blue, purple" etc... :) LOADS of possibilities there ;)

The first 3 are purty good tho! Don't ya need one more:

6. Having to try and convince the significant other all over again!! ;) (could also reword as: significant other won't allow it)

:D just trying to help for when you go back and see some adorable faces looking back at ya!

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 06:10 PM

1. Five is enough in our two-bedroom apartment.I had 6 in a one bedroom apartment

2. Can't have anymore girls....Olivia and Noel wont have itwell there is always boys

3. Nowhere to hide another litterboxyou'd be surprised!

4. There is only room for five thumbnails in my signature at PTI managed

5. There are only five colors of Soft PawsI'd believe this IF you were not going to already use the same color on 2 cats. AND the mix and match theory.

;)

popcornbird
03-13-2003, 06:14 PM

1. Five is enough in our two-bedroom apartment.

2. Can't have anymore girls....Olivia and Noel wont have it

3. Nowhere to hide another litterbox

Sounds believable??? ;)

1. If 5 isn't too many for a 2 bedroom apartment, then 6 isn't either. ;)

2. Noel and Olivia want another girl because they have to be equal with the boys.

3. With so many litter boxes, what;s one more? ;)

4. What's an avartar for? ;)

5. One paw is blue, another is pink, another is purple, and the fourth is red. Solves the problem.

Answered all your excuses. Now go get #6. :D:D:D

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Darn it!! Jen....I was waiting for your reply on the signature and having blue on two cats... ;)

oooh, yea. Thanks batgirl!!

#6 Hubby would not be a happy camper.

popcornbird
03-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Darn it!! Jen....I was waiting for your reply on the signature and having blue on two cats... ;)

#6 Hubby would not be a happy camper.

In answer to this, hubby said no cats unless its a tortie. :p

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 06:35 PM
oooh, yea. Thanks batgirl!!

#6 Hubby would not be a happy camper. Been there, done that. We are still married after almost 20 years, aren't we?????

batgirl1980
03-13-2003, 06:37 PM
ahh well.. I tried to help add an excuse for ya... ;) but they are right.. he did say.... no more unless its a tortie...

at least that narrows the field down a little! :D

marysmerrycats
03-13-2003, 11:53 PM
I will use some of your excuses to keep telling myself... and I can add 2 more...

7. can't afford any more vet bills for any more sick cats.
8. these cats don't want anymore brotheres or sisters. they have just now adjusted well. things are going fairly smooth finally.

......"no more cats, no more cats. no more cats...."
of course that does not mean that you should not get cat #6!! a tortie would be nice:)

Barbara
03-14-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird

This is interesting. When I was 20 we said: However full a car may be there is still room for a guitar.

Which means logically that after the guitar is in there is still room for another.

With this argument you'll end up with very many cats:p

BastetsMum
03-14-2003, 03:01 AM
Well I am from a one cat household and I find it totally objectionable!

But ... to compensate I counted my cat statues and they are coming close to 60 now (yes I will take pics laughs)...

So another excuse (to use on hubby that is) that you don't have enough room for a kittyless compensation (ie cat statues)...

Vet bills - in the long run - cost less than running a car and which do you get more enjoyment out of? car or kitty?

I would say kitty wins hands down! :D

marysmerrycats
03-14-2003, 02:02 PM
I edited this post. Noahs mommy, sorry I was sarcastic on the thread you started. Bastets mom, I apoligize.

jenluckenbach
03-14-2003, 02:13 PM
getting more kitties is not for everyone, we are just kidding around. I just love to tease people about getting
"just one more" but it is all in fun.:D

NoahsMommy
03-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Just one more...I want that orange kitten Kimlovescats has!! :)

BastetsMum
03-14-2003, 04:11 PM
I was kidding around :)

I didn't mean to offend ...

marysmerrycats
03-14-2003, 04:18 PM
you didn't offend. it was just my warped sense of humor...really I am not offended, and i hope you aren't either! sorry I just have that darned smart mouth! friends?

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 06:38 PM
well, I feel safe posting this here...rumor has it there is a kitten (a tabby) at my sister's friend's house. It was adopted out once, and never collected...so, I am actually thinking of breaking the colour barrier and getting this tabby, IF I don't see an ad in this Sunday's paper......plus, I gots to stay one ahead of Noah'smommy, just in case...

jenluckenbach
03-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
...rumor has it there is a kitten (a tabby) at my sister's friend's house. It was adopted out once, and never collected...so, I am actually thinking of breaking the colour barrier and getting this tabby
:eek: WHAT? An onion in the tulip patch? or is it a Flower in the weed garden? :eek: Breaking the color barrier?????Does that mean is won't have a state naem either??:rolleyes:

Actually, I'd LOVE to see you get another kitty.:D

batgirl1980
03-14-2003, 07:01 PM
well, I feel safe posting this here...rumor has it there is a kitten (a tabby) at my sister's friend's house. It was adopted out once, and never collected...so, I am actually thinking of breaking the colour barrier and getting this tabby, IF I don't see an ad in this Sunday's paper......plus, I gots to stay one ahead of Noah'smommy, just in case...

reeeeallly? :D a non tuxie..in a tuxie house.... oh most definetely would have to have a UNIQUE name then :) Maybe you could just move to countries.. sort of keep it in the same family, but not state names.. let's see.. Ireland.. China..ooh that's pretty... or you could go city names.. Paris... ;)

Keep us informed of a new addition (and u thought we wouldn't see it on here ;) sneaky sneaky....) I'm sooo happy for you!

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Stop it you two, just stop it!!! I am thinking about it...thinking thinking, thinking. I have made the decision that I won't be closed off to non tuxies, and I love the name China and Ireland. I will keep you posted. My main reason against adoption at this point is because of Minnie. I just don't want to stress her.

jenluckenbach
03-14-2003, 07:57 PM
;) :D

Jessica12345
03-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

2. Noel and Olivia want another girl because they have to be equal with the boys.

3. With so many litter boxes, what;s one more? ;)

4. What's an avartar for? ;)

5. One paw is blue, another is pink, another is purple, and the fourth is red. Solves the problem.

Answered all your excuses. Now go get #6. :D:D:D

LMAO!:D :D

Cincy'sMom
03-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Cute list!!! With 5 you have enough for a basketball team, but what if one needs a break? you got to have a least one to come in off the bench :) The neighborhood kitty pick up games can be exhausting (See...use a sports theme...it gets the husbands more involved :) )

I think I need to start one for why I can't have a third dog :)

NoahsMommy
03-15-2003, 04:24 AM
Yes!!! Its always nice to be diverse....equal opportunity. ;) Is it an orangie??? (ONE TRACK MIND!!) :D

Please...keep ahead of me...you'll make it easier to confince my hubby. ;)

NoahsMommy
03-15-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Cute list!!! With 5 you have enough for a basketball team, but what if one needs a break? you got to have a least one to come in off the bench :) The neighborhood kitty pick up games can be exhausting (See...use a sports theme...it gets the husbands more involved :) )

I think I need to start one for why I can't have a third dog :)
It seems like I'm turning this thread into excuses to tell David...and then hack them down again. Excuses to GET #6. ;)

A third dog? Awwww! Do it! ;) I mean....lets hear your "why not's". :)

catmandu
03-15-2003, 09:55 AM
I said that after 10 Cats , that that was enough , but then the Siamese Cat Breeder had two that she wanted homes for and then there were the two neglected Cats from the neighborhood , but 14 is absolutely the limit! absolutely , I think!

NoahsMommy
03-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
but 14 is absolutely the limit! absolutely , I think!
Yea, yea, yea...better start your excuse list too! ;)

marysmerrycats
03-15-2003, 08:09 PM
:D

Cincy'sMom
03-16-2003, 10:07 PM

It seems like I'm turning this thread into excuses to tell David...and then hack them down again. Excuses to GET #6. ;)

A third dog? Awwww! Do it! ;) I mean....lets hear your "why not's". :)

I can't give my why not's...cause I did!!!!

Come see my New Addition (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22685&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

jenluckenbach
03-17-2003, 06:37 AM
I think we'd better stop kidding Kelly, she's having a bit of trouble with Oliver. We need to pull out all our tricks to try to get him to learn to love his siblings.
THEN we'll work on that 6th cat :eek: :D

NoahsMommy
03-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I think we'd better stop kidding Kelly, she's having a bit of trouble with Oliver. We need to pull out all our tricks to try to get him to learn to love his siblings.
THEN we'll work on that 6th cat :eek: :D
Check this out....David told me that if Oliver doesn't work out....I can get a orange kitten!!!! How horrible is that??? I LOVE Oliver to pieces....I don't want to replace him. :(

NoahsMommy
03-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

I can't give my why not's...cause I did!!!!

Come see my New Addition (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22685&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)
I just read the story!! WONDERFUL news! I'm teary eyed over your experience...and Spot's. You and your family are wonderful people.

jenluckenbach
03-17-2003, 01:41 PM

Check this out....David told me that if Oliver doesn't work out....I can get a orange kitten!!!! How horrible is that??? I LOVE Oliver to pieces....I don't want to replace him. :(

try to take David's comment as a "MAN'S" thinking. He thinks he is consolling you and letting you know that you can try again. It is his way of being nice. But please do not jump to comclusions yet. My 3rd cat Thumper took almost a year to adjust. (this was 1985, hard for me to remember that far back). People (and I don't mean you) tend to give up too soon. Try to hang in there.

NoahsMommy
03-17-2003, 02:55 PM
I will, I promise. At this point, we're going to let Olivia put him in his place...she did that to Noah last night! :( She'll be getting soft paws first.

The only way I would give up would be if he hurt the other cats or if the other cats were miserable.

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2003, 06:56 PM
Hope things take a turn for the better soon!