PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new members!

Randi
03-13-2003, 03:29 PM
A lot of new members joined yesterday - 42 if my count is right!! Wow, that's a lot in one day! :) I wonder if that's also a record.

tatsxxx11
03-13-2003, 03:32 PM
In the almost 3 yrs. I've been around, I've never seen anything like it! Kind of strange, if you ask me. We've haven't had so many responses to a weekday DOTD in my recent memory. Can't say I was too thrilled with some of them:(...Reuben...a fake??? Please!

marysmerrycats
03-13-2003, 03:39 PM
tats
wow I just saw that you are close to 8000 posts! that has to be the highest? were you the first member?

tatsxxx11
03-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Hi Mary! Hmmmm, I can't remember exactly when Karen started the Pet Talk portion of POTD...but it was in 2000, I think! Logan, Rachel, Pam, Sue (Sudilar) KYS, Sammi, Jackie and a lot of old timers who are still around all started around the same time. We've grown to quite a family, haven't we!!:) I think there are newer people though who post at a far greater rate than me!! It's only a matter of time before they (you maybe??:D) take over the top spot!!:) Part of the reason I have so many posts is that in my almost 3 yrs with Pet Talk, I haven't once missed a reply to the Dog, Cat or Pet of the Day! Over the course of a month, that adds up to a lot of posts! It was the reason I first joined and it is still my 1st love! I just melt when I read of the love others have for their animals!!:)

captain
03-13-2003, 03:52 PM
How do you know that many new people joined?

I must be blind, or can't see for looking :)

tatsxxx11
03-13-2003, 04:31 PM
Paul started a thread about it yesterday and I noticed that there were tons of new, first time posters in POTD and DOTD...I think Paul's thread is not far below this one.Who's talking about Pet Talk?? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22476)

captain
03-13-2003, 04:33 PM
As usual, you are able to answer my questions!!!:)

I will go in search of the post now ........ Thanks!

aly
03-13-2003, 04:45 PM
I AM FURIOUS right now at those people claiming DOTD is fake! What in the world is going on in this place?????? I can't even post anything right now because I am SO MAD! I hope those stupid posts can be deleted.

captain
03-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Yes - I thought that was a silly thing to say too!

The thought did not even cross my mind :rolleyes:

Reuben is lovely!

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by aly
I AM FURIOUS right now at those people claiming DOTD is fake! What in the world is going on in this place?????? I can't even post anything right now because I am SO MAD! I hope those stupid posts can be deleted.
What a wierd thing for someone to say. A fake DOTD...stupid people.

I'm sorry your're mad Aly....just ignore stupid people... ;)

tatsxxx11
03-13-2003, 05:03 PM
It's so upsetting...what must the family think??? Comments like that are so hurtful to the proud family and take away from a very special furkid's day of honor. Please, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything.:( We love our Dogs of the Day!

captain
03-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Tats

Ditto that!

Cookiebaker
03-13-2003, 05:38 PM
I completly agree with you Sandra...I can't believe that anyone would even think that let alone SAY it!!! It's soo rude...and I am horrified!!! Hugs to Reuben...he's precious!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
It's so upsetting...what must the family think??? Comments like that are so hurtful to the proud family and take away from a very special furkid's day of honor. Please, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything.:( We love our Dogs of the Day!
I agree!!! and that goes for the Cats and Pets of the Day too!!!

Karen
03-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Aly, I private messaged those people, and deleted those posts. One of them had a nice conversation with me, too.

captain
03-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Karen,

Nice as in :) or nice as in :mad: ........

Thanks for doing that. Hope we did not scare of Reuben's dad.

aly
03-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Aly, I private messaged those people, and deleted those posts. One of them had a nice conversation with me, too.

Thanks Karen. I just felt so sad for Reuben's poor owners :( Sorry if I overreacted - I've been feeling sick today.

Logan
03-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Karen,
I believe you do a wonderful job making "peace" at times when others of us might overreact and hit the "ban" button in a heartbeat. Thank you for handling the Apache situation as beautifully yesterday. I would hate for anyone's feelings to be hurt by the way some people come on with their strong opinions. I've always thought of the Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day as a huge honor for those folks whose pets are recognized, and many times it might be a young child writing out their thoughts about their pets.
I will continue to enjoy each one of them, every day!!!
Logan

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Yes there have been a lot of new people posting, and sadly, it seems like most have them have been here only for controversy. I have never felt so sad about this board before.. it really seems like something is out of whack here today :(

popcornbird
03-13-2003, 11:03 PM
I didn't see the mean dog posts, but I really hope the pup's family didn't see them. That would be SO hurtful. :mad: What I saw was that people had left comments about yesterday's hamster, which may totally have been out of concern and stuff, but then someone comes and comments about today's tiel and says "It seems he had better luck than the hamster" or something like that. I find that a tadbit hurtful, but it might just be me. I never thought it would be bad for any animal to get wet, since all wild animals get wet in the rain, although I don't know about hamsters so I can't say. I just feel the new comers over reacted instead of stating it more nicely.

captain
03-13-2003, 11:43 PM
I agree with you totally.

It is apparently really hard for some people to be nice .... :(

Stinkerbell
03-14-2003, 08:17 AM
I agree with you all on those posts yesterday, being mean... I do know those people who started the trouble here yesterday..they are very unkind in giving advice to people about hamsters. Like Paul said yesterday to me, they are very inconsiderate on their forum, but they do not need to bring it here. They have said some pretty unkind things on their forum about this place and I felt justified in telling you all about it. Enough Said!

marysmerrycats
03-14-2003, 09:49 PM
some people are cruel and don't have anything better to do!
I guess as this board gets more well known, there will be more people on it and some that are just jerks!

Stinkerbell
03-17-2003, 07:47 AM
oh yea you can say that for sure!

Dakota's Mommy
03-17-2003, 09:55 AM
Wow, it seems like we're breaking old records all the time around here!