PDA

View Full Version : Yey!! I have a new furbaby!!

aguu
03-13-2003, 03:02 PM
I am thrilled to announce that I have a new precious furbaby, his name is Mishka.
I adopted him last Saturday from the wonderful people at Abbey Cat Adoptions in Toronto.
They took him form another overcrowded shelter just a few days before he was due to be euthanized.
I was looking at their website and actually saw another kitty I was interested adopting.
They arranged for that kitty to be brought down to a pet store that showcases cats for potential adoptions.
But the other kitty didn't want anything to do with me!!
I walked into a room where they had a whole bunch of other cats that were being picked up by a foster that day.
I walked over to Miska's cage - he grabbed at me through and started to meow at the top of his little kitty lungs!
I took him out and he instantly clung to me, meowing the whole time. That was it, I fell in love right away. He came home with me later that evening.
I've never met a sweeter more affectionate cat in my life! He slept in my arms and did has not stopped purring since then!
Mishka is about 10 months old, apparently he's a Russian Blue mix. He's a gray tuxie and his fur feels like velvet!
He was found wondering the streets on the coldest night of the year (-40C), they said it was amazing he even survived.
Unfortunately he was picked up by a shelter that was overcrowded and so was about to be euthanized but then the Abby people came in and rescued him!
I cannot imagine missing out on having this wonderful animal as part of my family. He has already brought so much laugher and happiness to my life.
How lucky am I?
I plan on taking lots of pictures of him this weekend, and will post some right away!

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 03:10 PM
How wonderful!!! Congratulations on Mishka!!

I can't wait to here all about how he likes his new home. :)

aguu
03-13-2003, 03:18 PM
I found a picture of Mishka on the Abbey Cats website. Here he is;

rosethecopycat
03-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Oh, what a sweet boy.

I bet this is the happiest day of his life!

Thanks for rescuing.

:D

Tina
03-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Congrats!! Mishka is such a handsome boy!

batgirl1980
03-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Congrats on your new addition! :) He's a handsome boy!
Can't wait to see more pictures!

hugs and scritchies to Mishka!

ChrisH
03-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Congratulations! It sounds as though it was meant to be! Mishka is very cute:) and I very much look forward to seeing more pictures at the weekend!:)

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Congratulations, he's adorable.

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 04:36 PM
ooooh, he's very handsome!!!

neko1
03-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!!:)

lynnestankard
03-13-2003, 05:04 PM
He is beautiful - Congratulations. A forever home for Mishka - yippeee!!
Look forward to the pics.,
Nose kissies to the lovely new furboy xxx

Lynne

bluekat
03-13-2003, 05:12 PM
Congratulations!He is very beautiful, he sounds wonderful too! i'm sure you love him a lot:)

Steffi N
03-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Congratulations on your new bundle of love

He's a great-looking guy. You are both very lucky. Looking forward to more pictures

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Congrats! What a lovely kitty! :)

kimlovescats
03-13-2003, 09:11 PM
He is stunning! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a blue tux kitty!
WOW!

HayleyRosie
03-14-2003, 06:13 AM
Congratulations. He is very handsome. You are very lucky to have found him and he is very lucky to have found you! I can't wait to see more pictures. We love pictures!

03-14-2003, 07:13 AM
What a stunning, amazing, sweet boy!!! He is beautiful!!!

smokey the elder
03-14-2003, 08:25 AM
For some reason I can't post a pic of my blue tuxedo.

Anyway, thanks for rescuing Mishka off "death row"!