PDA

View Full Version : We are thinking about getting Dandy a brother :)

Christiansmommy
03-13-2003, 12:03 PM
My husband is partial to black cats and we want a male. Infact, before i found Dandy, he had found a black cat online at petfinder.com that he really liked, and was gonna get him for me as a surprise, but i found out and ended up going to a different shelter and fell in love with my Dandylion.

I am home like 80% of the time , i am a stay at home mom, but when i leave, i feel so guilty leaving Dandy home alone...so we have been tossing the idea around of getting another cat.

Well i have been searching on petfinder.com for a while and ran across a very affectionate black cat that was listed as being in foster care now. So i emailed the lady and she said that she is gonna have to take him off the list, b./c she has since fell in love with him and couldnt bare to give him away :) It turns out, this is the same cat that my husband was thinking about getting my about 4-5 months ago...ironic, huh? Well, she knows of someone who is fostering a bunch of black cats, in particutlar, and just emailed me that she has a very friendly male black cat that gets along well with her other cats, and her dogs too...so im getting excited :)

I will let you all know what happens. I am not not gonna make any hasty decisions, b/c i want to make sure this cat is a special one...he'll have to be, inorder for me to let him meet my sweetheart Dandy...she is so exceptional....

Anyway, i'll keep you updated :) Just had to share.

Robyn

lynnestankard
03-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Thats wonderful news Robyn - and I bet Dandy's quite looking forward to a new 'brother' eh? It will be company for her when your not there and someone for her to bully when she's in the mood!!
I really hope you can give a needful furboy a brand new 'forever' home.

Lynne

Russian Blue
03-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy

I will let you all know what happens. I am not not gonna make any hasty decisions, b/c i want to make sure this cat is a special one...he'll have to be, inorder for me to let him meet my sweetheart Dandy...she is so exceptional....

That is so exciting!!

I have also been throwing around the idea of getting a second cat. I think Nakita would enjoy a playmate, but I'm not rushing into it. And first I have to convince my partner!

Of course keep us updated and you know we will demand pics!

;)

catland
03-13-2003, 12:59 PM
That would be wonderful. Of course you realize that with one black cat and one white cat, you will have black and white fur everywhere in shedding season.;) (Right now, you could have all white furniture and carpet and no one would know you have a cat.:D )

Christiansmommy
03-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by catland
That would be wonderful. Of course you realize that with one black cat and one white cat, you will have black and white fur everywhere in shedding season.;) (Right now, you could have all white furniture and carpet and no one would know you have a cat.:D )

So true, ;) all of my carpet is white (ivory) and most of my house is, for that matter :) But thats alright with me...i clean all day, every day anyway :p

Robyn

2kitties
03-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Yahoo! I have been in your shoes. Two cats are no more work and twice the fun of just one. I can't tell you how many positive changes I've seen in Taz since Rocky came home.

Here are my boys- as you can see, I'm partial to black and white as well.

http://www.pickheaters.com/webpics/window_seat.gif

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2003, 02:22 PM
That's great news!! And I agree that you have to be careful, not just because of Dandy, but also because of Christian. He gets along so good with Dandy that it would be a shame to get a cat that isn't quite as "kid friendly" and upset Christian's opinion of kitties.

Good luck with your search, and please do keep us updated! :)

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 02:55 PM
Great news!!! How neat that the one he wanted is still available! :) Keep us updated.... ;)

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 04:13 PM
OOOOOOOO a new kitty is coming. A little black long hair like my Jasper would be a perfect match for Dandy!!!!! Can't wait until you find that perfect match.. (as a matter of fact, I'll keep my eyes open, Can always transport one to you if necessary).;)

Barbara
03-13-2003, 04:31 PM
Sounds as if we could expect nice Yin and Yang tortellini pix:D
Great news:)

neko1
03-13-2003, 04:47 PM
I think it would be great to get a playmate for dandy! Two cats are definately better than one! Like you said, they would have each other when you are not around. That's the best part, knowing that the kitties have each other:) I hope for the best and that you find the black kitty of your dreams!

Christiansmommy
03-13-2003, 10:25 PM
Well, I just got an email from the foster mom of the black cat that i am intersted in, and we have a meeting to see him on Saturday afternoon! :) So i will let you know what happens. Fingers and Paws crossed! :) Dandy and ( SAS's Miley) arent going to know what to do with themselves if they both get brothers sometime soon! :) Time will tell and that is all i can say for now, hope the meeting goes well...if not, there are plenty of other cats just waiting to be adopted.

Robyn

I'll bring my digital camera, so if all goes well, and we "click" then i will post some pics when i get back!

kimlovescats
03-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Good luck to you on Saturday! I hope you find the perfect match for precious little Dandy!!! Of course, we'll want lots of pics .... of both kitties! I can never see too many of Dandy!;)

jenluckenbach
03-14-2003, 04:55 AM
I've got all the paws crossed around here (and counting the cats and mice, that's a LOT of paws) that everything goes well Sat. Is that black cat's picture on petfinder? we could get a sneak preview if he is.

Barbara
03-14-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
Dandy and ( SAS's Miley) arent going to know what to do with themselves if they both get brothers sometime soon! :)

Make sure Miley and Dandy have a phone and can talk about it how life is with a new little brother:)

So many people here are talking about getting a new kitty. I start to fell somehow... is clucky the word for it?

03-14-2003, 07:23 AM
Keep your paws crossed, Dandelion!!!!

lynnestankard
03-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Barbara

Make sure Miley and Dandy have a phone and can talk about it how life is with a new little brother:)

So many people here are talking about getting a new kitty. I start to fell somehow... is clucky the word for it?

That's it Barbara - 'Clucky' - I get that way when all these sweet new furbabies are wanting new Mummies and Daddies.

Must just add that we've recently got a new cream carpet - with two black and black and white cat!!!!:D :D eeeeeeeekkkk!

Lynne

smokey the elder
03-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Good luck with finding a new furkid! The great thing about getting cats from foster moms/dads is that we often have adults for awhile and really know their temperament.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Good luck on Saturday. I sure hope everything "clicks" including the camera. ;) :)

We've had so many new kitties here lately, and it's not even springtime yet. I love new kitties, and I guess for now I have to live through all of you that are experiencing the joy. :) :D

NoahsMommy
03-14-2003, 01:09 PM
How exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear how Saturday goes. :)

Rachel
03-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Good luck, Robyn. I hope you find the perfect match for your little girl. (I love her signature picture!).

shais_mom
03-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Good luck!! Will keep all the fingers and paws crossed!!!
HMMMM what goes with Dandylion?
Grass,
Weed,
Fluff,
Seeds,
hmmmmmmmm I really don't see them as good names for the new fella. Just a thought! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
03-15-2003, 01:21 AM
Robyn, I sure hope that everything goes well on Sat. and that you meet the black cat of your dreams. :) I know how excited you must be. Good luck. :D

sasvermont
03-15-2003, 02:32 AM
Hi Robyn,

Good luck today, Saturday! It is now 3:30 AM and I was unable to sleep for some reason!

I just want to wish you good luck with the newest kitty and hope you are as lucky with this one as you were with Dandy!

Yes, please do take pictures. We all cannot wait to see the black and white of it all!

Love,
Sas and her Miley girl!

P. S. I have not heard from Ti's Mom so I assume Tuesday will be his estimated time of arrival. Ti's Mom is out of town this weekend delivering a kitty to the D. C. area but her hubby was to be available to help out. Haven't heard from them - I shall wait!

Keep us posted. Just can't wait to hear from you too!:D

catmandu
03-15-2003, 09:58 AM
everyone wants another of thier own to be with , I hope that you get that Cat from Petfinder! Good Luck!