PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Hour!!

tatsxxx11
11-11-2001, 05:15 PM
Tonight on public televsion, the 'Nature' series is airing a wonderful program called 'Dogs...The Early Years' It's all about puppy breeding, raising and training! Hope lots of you, ESPECIALLY those of you out there who are expectant "moms" can watch! :D Staci?????

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

crow_noir
11-12-2001, 01:16 AM
!!! i am soooo glad you mentioned this! i didn't know about it until it was already on. it was defintly a wonderful program!!! i would recommend it for beginners. and it was fun watching as a seasoned dog person!

tatsxxx11
11-12-2001, 12:21 PM
Crow, wasn't that GREAT!!! A little bit of everything....precious puppies at birth, the dog/human bond, the dog/dog bond, a little doggie psych., obedience, and OH! the training and graduation of the golden ret. puppy as a seeing eye dog had me in tears!! Glad you got to see it!

crow_noir
11-12-2001, 12:34 PM
i would have posted in the other thread, but i seen this one first. OMG! it had me in tears ! i'm sure you all know which part.
(what was weird, is that the dog had my SO's best friend's name!!! ...and it isn't like the name is THAT common :D )

i hope a lot of people watched it. i'm also glad, that they mentioned that not every breed is right for everyone. i mean, all of us here could probally write a lengthy report on the show ...lol

Logan
11-12-2001, 12:47 PM
Alicia started a topic on the same thing, Sandra! Helen and I watched it, with the occasional "woof" from Honey and Lilly too! That was a terrific program.

crow_noir
11-12-2001, 01:14 PM
ya know what's odd. King didn't really pay much attention to the show until they showed the puppies in the pund. he heard their whines and stuff, and turned to the screen, ears on full alert. :( we think he knew something was wrong.

jackiesdaisy1935
11-12-2001, 04:14 PM
We watched that program last night and it was wonderful, brought the tears to my eyes especially when the little girl turned the Golden over to her new owner and when it showed the Mama dog having her puppies. I wish there was more t.v. like that on, some of the programs are so stupid these days.
Jackie

RachelJ
11-14-2001, 08:55 AM
Hannah enjoyed the program as well.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=167892&a=2051090&p=56356804

karen israel
11-14-2001, 09:21 AM
Rats! This will teach me to check my email more often. Missed it..circumstances beyond my control :( Maybe I'll call my local PBS station and find out if there'll be a rerun.
The past 6 months must be puppy months cause I can't keep count how many friends have gotten puppies!!!
Oh, and Rachel, your lampshade is crooked! :D :D :D :D :p
I just love that girl of Leisure, Hannah!
xoxox

crow_noir
11-14-2001, 04:34 PM
OMG! Rachel, that is just so cute!

Karen, you're a brat :-) ...but you are correct. (gawd, you you people wonder why i don't rush to get the fancy equipment. lol.

RachelJ
11-15-2001, 06:12 AM
Thanks for pointing that out, Karen :rolleyes: . It was probably knocked askew when I removed the clothing that was drapped over chairs in the first pictures I took.

karen israel
11-15-2001, 07:31 AM
LOL!! Oh! Then THAT'S OK! :D
Totally excusable, Rach!!!

KYS
11-15-2001, 08:09 AM
Oh, and Rachel, your lampshade is crooked! :D :D :D :D :p >>>>>>

LOL! and hear I was noticing how clean
your bedroom looked. hehehe