PDA

View Full Version : abused dog .. WARNING GRAFIC PICS..

tikeyas_mom
03-12-2003, 08:57 PM
The first image (http://la-spca.org/images/cruelt2.jpg)

The dog pictured above was found by a local man in his front yard on April 5, 2002.

Thankfully, this man became involved and brought the dog to the shelter.

Sadly, this situation could have been avoided.

Very sad. :cry:

Poor burned dog (http://www.dogsinthenews.com/issues/0201/pictures/mn_pitburned1.jpg)

I. Firecrackers...

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (USA) — "It was not a very bright thing to do," said the man's own lawyer.

On Monday, Gil Raul DeLara, 19, was sentenced in Compton Superior Court after pleading no contest to felony counts of animal cruelty and recklessly possessing an explosive.

Theo will be available for adoption after the Alameda County Court hands down its sentence.
(Photo: Paul Chinn / SF Chronicle)

On Dec. 30, 2001, officers responded to a call from a resident in Compton (a Los Angeles suburb) and found what appeared to be a stray German shepherd tied to a stake in an alley in the 10400 block of Hickory Street. The dog had had its jaw blown off by a powerful firecracker and had to be euthanized at a veterinary hospital.

Authorities alleged that DeLara had placed an M-80 firecracker in the mouth of the dog and lit the fuse.

According to an article in the LA Times, DeLara was sentenced to 4 years in a California prison: two years for animal cruelty and a concurrent 4 years for possessing firearms. Animal Cruelty has been a felony in California since 1988 and carries a maximum jail term of three years. According to U.S. law, the longest possible sentence is 10 years

omg that is soo sad the poor dog.. .. :(

Holly's picture (http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1430000/images/_1430692_hollyinbag300.jpg)

^Holly was found in a plastic bag.^

A man has been jailed for three months after he admitted causing unnecessary suffering to a starving pedigree shih-tzu.
Seven-year-old Holly was trussed up with dog leads and abandoned in a four-foot culvert near a disused railway line in Shropshire on Boxing Day 2000.

She had been wrapped in a bin-bag and was found by a member of the public who heard her cries and alerted the RSPCA.

At Oswestry Magistrates Court on Thursday, 25-year-old Jonathan Maxfield, of Maple Avenue, Oswestry, admitted causing unnecessary suffering to the dog between 11 and 21 December last year by failing to get proper and necessary care and attention.

Doberman (http://www.rspcawa.asn.au/News/MediaPictures/2002/McNair.jpg)

This Dobermin was found dead in a junk yard. it was never fed :eek:

this next story is very heart braking. Read fine print under each photo. :(

News clipping from the NY state humane society (http://www.nyshumane.org/Manual/X6Art/scWebAnimAbuse1_1a.gif)

National Statistics
76 percent of animal cruelty offenses are committed by males (and of those, 90 percent involve intentional cruelty and dog fighting.)

48 percent of rapists and 30 percent of child molesters committed acts of animal cruelty as children or adolescents.

71 percent of abused women report that their batterers have threatened to hurt/kill their pets and have done so,
while 32 percent of battered women with children report that their children have hurt or killed pets.

80 percent of homes in which animal control agencies found abused/neglected pets there had been previous investigations by child welfare agencies of physical abuse and neglect.

sad but true.
:confused: why I dont know!!

George (http://www.oznvoo.com/Images/GEORGE.gif)

Is there a difference between ice cream and sherbet? Of course there is. Both are frozen desserts but their ingredients are vastly different. Some people are allergic to dairy products and cannot eat ice cream. Others like the texture of ice cream and are disappointed with the taste or texture of sherbet.

Not all pet foods are created equal. If you own a dog or cat and they don't seem to be thriving on the food you are serving, they may have an underlying health problem that needs to be investigated. Or perhaps the quality of food being fed is not adequate. As the pet owner, you are responsible for making sure your animal stays healthy and that you provide enough food of adequate quality to maintain you pet's health. You should not be able to see ribs, hips, or backbone.

This wonderful dog was so emaciated he could hardly stand without assistance. He was suffering from advanced tick fever as well as malnutrition. He was covered with ticks and had serious infections in both ears.

He was taken in for veterinary care and now lives and works as a guard dog for Pinal County at our administrative building and main shelter.

delidog
03-12-2003, 09:02 PM
After Viewing the pics, reading the stories,Crying for these Dear ,Sweet Doggie Souls.....I am just mad...that ANYONE that refers to themselves as a member of the human race could ever do these types of things to such defenseless creatures.....

Breaks My Heart ,Then Makes Me Mad!!!!:( :mad: :( :mad:

clara4457
03-12-2003, 09:17 PM
This absolutely breaks my heart. I have been a dog owner my entire life and get so angry when I see the abuse animals are subjected to. I just don't understand how people can do this. There are so many wonderful people who would do anything and give anything to prevent this. When I think of my beautiful, sweet, loving Leo and all the joy and love he gives me - I don't see how anyone could do such a thing.

mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

tikeyas_mom
03-12-2003, 09:21 PM
I know it is absolutly horrid and unhuman.

captain
03-12-2003, 11:06 PM
This has upset me so much, I actually feel physically ill ....... How can they ......... sorry, cant type anymore

tikeyas_mom
03-12-2003, 11:17 PM
I know how you feel I am the one who chose to post it. I felt the same way the whole time.. :(

shais_mom
03-13-2003, 12:58 AM
Next time try posting links to the pics or as attachments.
Just FYI.

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Why would you POST pics like this? While it's important people know about info like this, you shouldn't have to force people to look at it, and your warning really isn't as effective as it could be. What if someone were to click it mistakenly? Sometimes the mouse cursor does slip.. these pics are BEYOND graphic.. if you really think people need to see this stuff then post links or attachments.

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 11:02 AM
I wrote all the dogs stories under each pic. There was to many websites to have a link to everyone. I warned you guys about the pics.

Powerlounger
03-13-2003, 11:08 AM
tikeyas_mom,
Don't listen to her, you did the absolute right thing.

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 11:42 AM
thanks powerlounger.. :) welcome to the forum:D

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 11:45 AM
Why would you POST pics like this? While it's important people know about info like this, you shouldn't have to force people to look at it, and your warning really isn't as effective as it could be. What if someone were to click it mistakenly? Sometimes the mouse cursor does slip.. these pics are BEYOND graphic.. if you really think people need to see this stuff then post links or attachments.

if you cant handle the things that are going on in reality then that is your own fault. This kind of thing is happening EVERY day all over the world I am just trying to inform ppl about the heart breaking stories and pics to go with them. these animals suffered and I think every one should know what happened to them.. :(

aly
03-13-2003, 12:01 PM
I got a warning from some people not to look at these pics so I didn't. I just scrolled down fast to the bottom.

I agree that people should be aware of these things, but I wish you would put the pictures in as attachments. I am a very very sensitive person and I tend to be haunted by things all the time. I see enough bad things working at an animal shelter. I would like to come to Pet Talk to de-stress myself and not see horrible things. I would like to have a choice on what I want to see and not open up a thread to have those pictures in my face. Maybe some people would want to read about it but not see the pics. I am glad you put a warning in the title of the thread. I think next time if you could also post the pics as attachments instead of linking them directly on here, sensitive people like me would greatly appreciate it.

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 12:17 PM
I am sorry, I dont know how to put on as attachments.

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom

if you cant handle the things that are going on in reality then that is your own fault. This kind of thing is happening EVERY day all over the world I am just trying to inform ppl about the heart breaking stories and pics to go with them. these animals suffered and I think every one should know what happened to them.. :(

Did I ever say I couldn't "handle reality"?? I find it insulting that you would make such a generalisation. I'm not stupid or uninformed. I've seen pictures like this, and yes, it does break my heart. HOWEVER, your warning is uneffective. Perhaps if you spelled your warning correctly it would work better.

And I never said people shouldn't know what happeds to abused animals. In fact, I said that it IS important to know what happens, but you just posting a bunch of pics is extrememly insenstive to people who can't deal with stuff like this.

To post them as attachments, you save the picture to your hard drive, and use the "browse" button at the bottom of a reply page. Then you go to where the picture is on your computer and select it.

lovemyshiba
03-13-2003, 12:57 PM
These pictures and stories are horrifying!! :mad: :mad:
I also would have preferred that they be attachments, it makes me sick to my stomach to look at them.

Lirathal
03-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Greetings,

I only butt my nose in when I feel that it is prudent. Right now I feel it is prudent.

There are two sides to every story and I understand both positions here. In this situation tact is in order and I believe that posting pictures of that graphic nature are not appropriate. I'd like to remind you (specifically the author of this post tikeyas_mom) of the AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) you agreed to when you signed up for this message board. This policy states:

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Clearly this message falls under the obscene clause in this Policy and should not have been posted. Of course as all of the posters here have agreed to this policy, feigning ingnorance is no excuse.

Also stated in the AUP is the following:

If you have a question about something you would like to post, but are unsure if it is appropriate, please email us at [email protected]

I believe that this post should have been questioned from the start and implore the owners of PetTalk to reiterate the rules and policies and make them more accessable to the users of this board.

Regards,
Nathan
AKA
Lirathal

RubyB
03-13-2003, 01:29 PM
How Could People do this. Infact in class I gave a talk on bad animal treatment and one of the girls afterwards came up to me and said who cares about DUMB dogs! I tell you I could of rang her kneck and hung her!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Powerlounger
03-13-2003, 01:37 PM
You know, it was posted that these were graphic pictures, every one here had the freedom to NOT go into that particular post, I'm not understanding what the problem is. If you know it's going to bother you, after being warned, don't go in. Simple.

Lirathal
03-13-2003, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry was my post not clear?

Edit:

Regardless of the warning that the post was titled, this thread is - in my opinion - in violation of Rules of this board and should not even still be open to posting. Follow the rules, better yet, read them.

Regards,
Nathan

Originally posted by Powerlounger
You know, it was posted that these were graphic pictures, every one here had the freedom to NOT go into that particular post, I'm not understanding what the problem is. If you know it's going to bother you, after being warned, don't go in. Simple.

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
What if someone were to click it mistakenly? Sometimes the mouse cursor does slip..

Powerlounger, I think I addressed your question with my first post.

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 01:45 PM
I spelt graphic like "grafic" because I didnt think it would hold all the letters.

I think you all are over reacting. This is an important thing that needs to be seen and if you guys cant handle it dont come to this particular post. I think it is important to relise what is really going on in the world not just the storie but the pics as well, I feel that by seeing the pics you get to feel how the dog might have felt and how they actully suffered. It is horrific and Discuting I know but I chose to post it for everyones benifit. :confused: ...

These dogs suffered and went through a great deal of stress and they have been helped, foud good homes and families, and some have been put down and are now on rainbow bridge. They are all in happier places and their pain wont last because time heals all wounds.

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 01:50 PM
This is an important thing that needs to be seen and if you guys cant handle it dont come to this particular post.

AGAIN, I never said it wasn't important. I AGREED that it was important. That is very clear. All I'm saying is you could have posted the pics as attachments, or provided links. That would have been a tactful and considerate way to present the information. In fact, you would reach MORE people that way, because the people who are very sensitive and who can't look at the pics would still have received the information.

Lirathal
03-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Did I write my post in vain? Did no one read it? Maybe you didn't understand it? allow me to bring it down a level:

When you signed up for this board, you agreed not to put up obscene materials (see below for definition)

ob·scene [ob s?n] adj 1. indecent: offensive to conventional standards of decency, especially by being sexually explicit
2. disgusting: disgusting and morally offensive, especially because of showing total disregard for other people

[Late 16th century. Via Old French from Latin obscenus “ill-omened, offensive, hateful,” of unknown origin.]

-ob·scene·ly, adv
Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2002. © 1993-2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.)

Now that we all understand the policy and what not to do, I think this topic is sufficiently closed and response in not needed and in the future, do not post this type of material.

I spelt graphic like "grafic" because I didnt think it would hold all the letters.

I think you all are over reacting. This is an important thing that needs to be seen and if you guys cant handle it dont come to this particular post. I think it is important to relise what is really going on in the world not just the storie but the pics as well, I feel that by seeing the pics you get to feel how the dog might have felt and how they actully suffered. It is horrific and Discuting I know but I chose to post it for everyones benifit. :confused: ...

These dogs suffered and went through a great deal of stress and they have been helped, foud good homes and families, and some have been put down and are now on rainbow bridge. They are all in happier places and their pain wont last because time heals all wounds.

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 01:58 PM
All I'm saying is you could have posted the pics as attachments, or provided links. """

I think that I recall me saying I didnt know how to post attachments just pics. I said that ... , Didnt I??

as for me being obscenus I dont agree.

1. indecent: offensive to conventional standards of decency, especially by being sexually explicit
2. disgusting: disgusting and morally offensive, especially because of showing total disregard for other people

I was not meaning to be offensive I dont know how to post fricking attachment.

I was not being sexually explicit? was I??

I was not being discusting ? I was showing what is going on in the world. I would have done attachments but yet again I have to say that I DONT KNOW HOW!!!!

When was I disregarding anyone? I warned about the Graphic pics didnt I??

Lirathal
03-13-2003, 02:02 PM
All I'm saying is you could have posted the pics as attachments, or provided links. """

I think that I recall me saying I didnt know how to post attachments just pics. I said that ... , Didnt I??

as for me being obscenus I dont agree.

1. indecent: offensive to conventional standards of decency, especially by being sexually explicit

I was not meaning to be offensive I dont know how to post fricking attachment.

I was not being sexually explicit? was I??

I was not being discusting ? I was showing what is going on in the world. I would have done attachments but yet again I have to say that I DONT KNOW HOW!!!!

When was I disregarding anyone? I warned about the Graphic pics didnt I??

Please ... don't try and use my definition against me, it won't work.

"Offensive to convention standards of decency": those pictures are offensive and are not decent.

"Disgusting and morally offensive": Those pictures ARE disgusting and offensive, weather or not you were "meaning to be offensive" or not doesn't fly.

REGARDLESS of your intention, you broke the rules, you were offensive and posted disgusting "obscene" material. Now admit your wrong doings and move on.

Nathan

EDIT: Wording choice

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 02:08 PM
You know how to post links, though, so using ignorance as an excuse doesn't work. Plenty of people here know how to post attachments, including some of your friends. Ask for help. I even gave you a brief explanation about posting attachments; while it is very vague, it shows that there are other people here who would help you learn how to use the attachment function.

Plus, ALL of those pictures came from outside sources. I think Karen has told you before that if you are going to quote from another website you should provide the source? And so again it is clear that you could have POSTED LINKS. And please, don't try the "there were too many websites to post a link to each one" again because that is just silly. It's takes as much effort to link a URL as it does to post an image, and obviously there weren't so many websites that you didn't have time to go through and copy stories from each one.

Powerlounger
03-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Well, I do know this, I cannot tell you how many times I've gone into opening up a picture, & with my computer, it won't do it. It'll take fifty years for it to open it. So, I would rather have the pictures right there for me to see. You say that your mouse might slip & you might, by "mistake", go into it. Here's an idea, get out of it. Takes two seconds. Not even.

Don't attack the messenger.

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 02:25 PM
With my computer, it happens almost instantly. I'm not attacking the messenger, I'm attacking the means of delivery. I also think it's really sick that you would want to have pictures of abused animals right there for you to see, because it's "easier."

Sudilar
03-13-2003, 03:14 PM
No matter what the controversy about these pictures, these pictures are real. It is sad beyond words to know that this is actually happening. It makes me angry that so-called humans do this, very angry.

Believe it or not, some people do not realize that these things are happening everyday. Even people I know don't know about this abuse!!! I try to tell them, but I don't know if they get it. Some don't understand why some of us work in rescue. It is for those pictured in this thread. It is for the innocent, tortured ones.:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

captain
03-13-2003, 03:22 PM
YES, the pics did upset me, and YES perhaps they should have been posted as an attachment - but they weren't. Get over it.
I read the "Grafic" warning, and proceeded anyway knowing I would be upset, and knowing I would remember the pics.

I know this kind of thing happens, and NO, I don't go in search of pics about it. Sometimes, people post things that make you sit up and take notice. This did it for me .....

Instead of finger pointing, referring to dictionary definitions of words, pointing to policy, shooting the messenger etc... take note of what has been said, read it, accept it or not - AND MOVE ON.

I am certain if Karen or Paul take offence, they will remove the thread.

Cataholic
03-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar

Believe it or not, some people do not realize that these things are happening everyday. Even people I know don't know about this abuse!!! .:( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sudilar, that may be true, very very sad, but true, I suppose. And, I agree with Captain, that I, too, saw the title, and proceded. BUT...I wonder if the message wouldn't have been as well conveyed MINUS the graphics. Cause, that is what we are talking about, right? The message? I know that houses burn down if one is not careful, and I don't need to live through a fire. I know that bullets kill, without seeing the dead body. I know if I punch another human being, I will get in trouble...so, I don't really agree that the only way to convey the message is by requiring us to live through the graphic depiction.

There isn't any way in the world, NOW, that the poster of this thred (whom I do not know, and can't recall any other interactions with), will admit the post was in poor taste. AND, in reflection, I hope ALL of us will realize that our very important mission/message is NEARLY LOST COMPLETELY when we do things that are not within most of our comfort zones. Are we really making a difference by inflaming the others on this board?? Not if by making a difference we are looking to better the lives of all of those that depend on us.

Now, before you go picking apart my every word, and changing it into something it is so clearly not, recognize that I was disgusted by the pictures, and not really in a frame of mind, after reading the original posts, to go out and make a difference. If your goal was to make me aware of what goes on in the world, and some how motivate me to do anything about it, you failed. Was that what you were working towards??

ParNone
03-13-2003, 05:02 PM

bluekat
03-13-2003, 05:35 PM
OMG!!!!! why do people do this? this is so sad:( ......... how awful.......how these animals must have felt!

God Bless them all........if only there was something we could do to prevent these from happening......but too much is going on:( :mad: :( :mad: i feel so sorry for thoses animals, and very mad at the people.

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 08:03 PM
I too, was warned about this thread....now I come and see my #1 pet peeve illustrated here.

Tikeyas_mom, posting these photos was WRONG!!! There is NO explanation for wanting to post pictures of tortured animals online. I don't know if you are going for shock value or if you are just a sick person. :mad:

WHY on earth would you reproduce something online like this? Why would you essentially glorify what these evil creatures have done to these poor, defenseless animals? WHY would you give more attention to the "trophy" of evil? Its sick and horribly wrong what you've done. I want answers from you....I'm hoping you didn't mean to do this...but regardless, its wrong and you need to fix this. Its beyond me WHY this thread is still here.

Powerlunger....I notice that you've only responded to any attacks on Tikeyas_mom. Does this type of thread interest you or something? I question why you haven't responded regarding the content...any family relation?

Tikeyas_mom, I can understand wanting to educate poeple on the tragedy of animal abuse....but, my dear, this is the WRONG way to do it. Posting links would have been mildy acceptable...maybe.

I am appalled! I'm sick that I had to view those horrendous pictures just so I could see how to spell your sign on names.

delidog
03-13-2003, 08:33 PM
as said by Captain:

YES, the pics did upset me, and YES perhaps they should have been posted as an attachment - but they weren't. Get over it.
I read the "Grafic" warning, and proceeded anyway knowing I would be upset, and knowing I would remember the pics.

I know this kind of thing happens, and NO, I don't go in search of pics about it. Sometimes, people post things that make you sit up and take notice. This did it for me .....

Instead of finger pointing, referring to dictionary definitions of words, pointing to policy, shooting the messenger etc... take note of what has been said, read it, accept it or not - AND MOVE ON.

I am certain if Karen or Paul take offence, they will remove the thread.

and by Sudilar:

No matter what the controversy about these pictures, these pictures are real. It is sad beyond words to know that this is actually happening. It makes me angry that so-called humans do this, very angry.

Believe it or not, some people do not realize that these things are happening everyday. Even people I know don't know about this abuse!!! I try to tell them, but I don't know if they get it. Some don't understand why some of us work in rescue. It is for those pictured in this thread. It is for the innocent, tortured ones.

I have to agree with both of them....as adults...one has the option,after reading that the pics are graphic, you have the right to move on...or not....your decision.....

Animal Abuse and Rescue are IMPORTANT Topics....they won't go away until people realize exactly what other people are capable of....Like Sudilar said...they could be YOUR neighbors!!!!

God Bless these Poor Creatures,and the people that Helped/or at least tried to help them.....

TombWolf
03-13-2003, 08:42 PM

I think any information or photo graphs, regardless how graphic they are very helpful. Yes, sad, sick and cruel but It gives us a better idea of what the hell is going on out there. Someone can tell you what they saw or you can hear it on the news but seeing it gives you a better look inside this cruelity. Something has to be done.

like I said, watch where you click. :D

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by delidog
Believe it or not, some people do not realize that these things are happening everyday. Even people I know don't know about this abuse!!! I try to tell them, but I don't know if they get it.

Animal Abuse and Rescue are IMPORTANT Topics....they won't go away until people realize exactly what other people are capable of....Like Sudilar said...they could be YOUR neighbors!!!!

I'm sorry, but I don't know a soul over 13 that doesn't know animals are abused. Its common knowledge AND common sense to report something like that. To subject this type of material to anyone under 18 (or 100 for that matter) is discusting and sad.

People KNOW about it, accepting and allowing it to bother them is a whole other issue.

I was just saying...there are ways to do this type of thing...traumatizing people (THIS IS A FAMILY SITE) is not the way to do it....

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by TombWolf

like I said, watch where you click. :D

Um....you haven't said that yet....this is only your second post...the first in this thread...

COCatMama
03-13-2003, 08:50 PM
those...people...should be shot IMO, and I would gladly do the shooting as my aim is not so good.
I cannot fathom the sheer....evilness it could take for a ...human...to do that to a fellow creature, grrrr.

TombWolf
03-13-2003, 08:53 PM
You choose to open a post. Noone makes you. You read the subject and make a decision. Get Bent! We all have choices.[B][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue]

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 08:55 PM

I think any information or photo graphs, regardless how graphic they are very helpful. Yes, sad, sick and cruel but It gives us a better idea of what the hell is going on out there. Someone can tell you what they saw or you can hear it on the news but seeing it gives you a better look inside this cruelity. Something has to be done.

You know, I'm really getting tired of posting the SAME thing over and over again. Please read my post CAREFULLY and stop misquoting me (I don't mean you, Tomb, personally, but everyone)

I have NEVER said this information was unimportant, nor have I EVER said that it shouldn't be on the forefront. So please, seriously, stop making my posts and intentions into something they are not. All I have said is that the pics should be links, so that people who can't deal with the pics can still veiw the info. The fact is, by making it so shocking, the message is being lost in the delivery for a LOT of people.

I have NEVER said I thought it was a good idea to ignore animal cruelty. So WHY are so many people accusing me of that, whether overtly or otherwise?

I'm getting really sick of having to repeat myself. This is totally exhausting. If you really find it necessary to quote me would you at least please read what I've typed before you go on about something that has nothing to do with what I've said? Please?

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 08:57 PM
You choose to open a post. Noone makes you. You read the subject and make a decision. Get Bent! We all have choices.[B][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue]

Get Bent? what the heck is this for? seriously.. what kind of language is that? no one has been rude to you or said anything offensive to you! Jeez.. you come on a forum to start attacking veteran members? that is extremely immature and distasteful

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 08:58 PM
You choose to open a post. Noone makes you. You read the subject and make a decision. Get Bent! We all have choices.

What a mature statement...your credibility is sinking lower and lower. First, you seem to be signing on as more than one person, now highly educated slams.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TombWolf
03-13-2003, 09:03 PM
I have only signed on as me...and maybe, just maybe that post with the graphics hit home...ok. I came on here orginally to ask advice in a different thread about my dogs. Thats all. I apologize.

Bobbie

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 09:06 PM
I do appreciate the apology. Thank you. I have felt personally attacked all day, by people who "seemingly" came onto pet talk just to post in this thread. I took it very personally with the "get bent" comment.. because I don't honestly think I'm out of line for what I'm asking.

thanks again.

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Bobbie...

I'm sorry if I was harsh too. We've been on this board for a while. For someone to come here and post stuff like this on a PET board is really unecessary. Like I said before....there are ways to educate people without horrifiying them.

Yesterday there was a thread about a cat being abused and I had nightmares. This is how stuff like this effects people who sincerely love animals.

I'm not trying to be mean...I'm just upset that people think its OK to post such horiffic things... :(

Lirathal
03-13-2003, 09:14 PM
Greetings (again),

I believe that people are still missing the point of what is going on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and entitled to be respected. There has been a lot of disrespect and a lot of flaming within this thread. The fact of the matter is this: Regardless of your opinions on the matter, your convictions and beliefs, this post (in my humble opinion) has violated the policies set forth by the owner of this BBS and therefore should be closed and deleted. The information contained within the origional post is valid and is a very touchy subject, but it has to be posted with tact and finess.

Bottomline: Those pictures (hence the thread) violate policy because they are considered obscene. Regardless if it is one person or multiple people objecting at the content.

Regards,
Nathan

sammi
03-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Isn't this ridicules to be arguing over this? The topic is about animal abuse. Yes, to have attatchments would be better - though we were warned! Pictures of this nature have been posted several times in the past few years like this. It is heart breaking and very sad to see and hear. Education is the key to stopping animal abuse. Not everybody is aware of how wide spread animal abuse is - I sure didn't till I got internet. I don't think that who started this thread and posted pictures wanted anyone upset - she was just trying to make people more aware of the severe animal abuse that is happening.

Karen
03-13-2003, 11:16 PM
I changed the images to links to the images.

Please, everyone, do not fight. We are all here because we love animals, right? Go hug your pets.

Tikeya's mom, I think you would do more good perhaps with a school paper on this subject. Most people here are aware of the issue, and feel the same on animal abuse. It is awful in any way, shape or form.

In the future, if you feel you need to post this kind of image, do so as links. The only difference is, instead of typing "[img ]" before the image, you type "[url = then the image URL, then a "]" the words you want, then [/url ] only of course all without spaces, I just had to put them in to show you!

Okay, now go hug your pet, or in my case, give her a nice nose-rub! (She's kinda too little to "hug!")

Nomilynn
03-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Karen - thank you. I really appreciate it.

wolf_Q
03-14-2003, 12:02 AM
I do think that the graphic photos are able to get across a point. I did post a link once about the dogs fur trade in Korea. But that's just the point. I posted a LINK. Not to mention a huge warning in red about the graphic photos.

I've seen many websites with photos like this, and they really bother me, but some are even more sensitive then I am.

I just think the fact that this is an open forum, and even though members are supposed to be over 13, there are definitely plenty that are not...Photos like that should not be posted.

And the "get bent" comment was completely rude and un-called for.

KILLER_KITTY
03-14-2003, 12:06 AM
well a week ago i got kitty baby a new born
a lady in petsupermarket give it to me cuz she couldnt take care it.....
she had 2 so she keep 1.... i keep othr but she got it from another person...... the kitty now go crazy 4 the milk bottle...... i think it a goirl it black & white it very cute ......
why some people r so cruel to tiny baby kitty
or other animals
if do bad that get even 10 x bad of itself!

oodlesofpoodles
03-14-2003, 12:35 PM
I just found this thread, and in no way attaching anyone. but the reason I missed this thread is because, I was getting packets ready for my classes that i teach. Animal abuse, pet safety and pet care. By all the posts to this I feel that I should not post any more pictures of my sweet noel. Some people may find it offensive to see her pictures, because she's not perfect anymore. Due to ANIMAL ABUSE!!!! She is a very beautiful creature in my eyes and I am very proud of her progress and she goes to the schools with me. She is a very Trusting creature and I think that sometimes even how horrifing these pictures were I chose to look at them, no one broke my arm to look. But everynow and then we need to be reminded that everyone is not as caring as we are. I will keep everyone updated on Noels progress but will not post anymore pictures. Most of you know that she is the german shep pup that was beaten so bad and her ear cut off and left for dead. She is now blind but ever so sweet.

And to teiyasmom, I chose to look at the pictures and please do not feel bad or like you did any thing wrong. You were just trying to show how animals are treated so badly. You see I see this everyday. and I could get graphic also. People do need to be made aware.

Sudilar
03-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Oodles, I will greatly miss the pics of sweet Noel. I wish you would continue to post them.

Everyone, I am also to blame with posting abuse pictures. If you remember, I was the first to post a picture of HOPE, the starved and abused dog we fell in love with.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3853&highlight=Hope+Julie

I posted about the Great Pyrenees dogs that were abused and transported to Florida to be treated.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14472

NoahsMommy
03-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Sudiliar & oodlesofpoodles,

I personally didn't mean not to post pictures of abused animals, ESPECIALLY if you've adopted them. I think what really set me off (and I can't get it out of my mind :( ) was the little black dog with something sticking out of its tummy. I was scrolling (FAST) through the pictures, I can't handle that. When I saw that, my stomach knotted and tears came. That image is still haunting me.

We love your puppers. We need to be educated...just not with such horrific pictures. Does that make sense?

Please, keep posting your pictures. They are what makes Pet Talk special and fun. They are different than those that were originally posted here.

lizbud
03-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Sue,

There was nothing wrong with your posting of Hope OR
the stories & pictures of the Great Pyr Rescue dogs. While
attachments might have been better than pics in THIS thread,
there is nothing wrong with posting on the subject of Animal
Abuse. Everyone here has a right to read or ignore any posts
they feel they can't personally handle emotionally. Animal Abuse
is itself obscene while pictures of the victims are not.

The only thing I wish was done differently on the first post
was a strong statement to the effect that people should not
hesitate to get involved by reporting any case of neglect or
abuse they happen to see or hear of in their own communities.

tikeyas_mom
03-14-2003, 02:48 PM
I didnt mean for this to offend ANYONE I warned on the heading I just though It was something that needed to be said.

Dakota's Mommy
03-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Although I found it in attachments and did look at them, they were terrible to see. People do need to be aware that these things do happen to perfectly good pets even though it is wrong. The stories and the pics brought me to tears! So sad that people actually treat animals this way!

Sudilar
03-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Yes, this type of abuse is everywhere and not everyone is aware of it. My own relatives on my husband's side (not dog lovers) were not aware. They think shelters are a nice place where dogs go to await being adopted! Since they don't own dogs or have any intention of doing so, they do not pay attention to what is really happening. They want to know why I foster GSDs, can't they just wait in the pound til someone picks them. Kill shelter has no meaning to them. These are educated people I am talking about. They just don't get it.

I see pics like this from the news letter from the kill shelter Killian and Shiloh come from. Actually, you could go to their website and see the pics on their news letter on-line. Very graphic. They also explain why they publish them for all the world to see. PM me if you are interested in the site. I won't list it here. It is graphic and heart breaking.

If one dog is saved, if one case of abuse is reported by showing these pictures, than it is worthwhile. Go ask that dog.

In fact, if the kids in the neighborhood where my parent's Bandit lived, didn't report the abuse that was going on at his house, he would not be here today. So what inspired them to report the abuse? ....maybe seeing a picture of a poor unfortunate. Who knows.

Anyway, if we have learned anything from this thread, it should be to report abuse so it doesn't have to end up the way it did for those poor animals. Be alert, be active. Save a life, report abuse.

wolfsoul
03-15-2003, 03:55 PM
I believe that pictures have an emotional value to them, and that they are important to be used when educating the world what happens to some animals. Like they say, one picture speaks a thousand words...and these pictures speak a terrible language, but sometimes terrible words can end matters...
I'm not trying to offend anyone, this is only my opinion...

HOWEVER, your warning is uneffective. Perhaps if you spelled your warning correctly it would work better.
Sometimes making comments on others spelling is hurtful..did u stop to think that maybe Tikeya's_mom has a medical condition that stops her from spelling correctly? :(
Also, I am to blame for putting up pictures in the past...but not one person made a comment to me about posting them..which brings me to confusion :confused:
This is all my opinion...I'm got generalizing anything or telling you what to do...just my two cents...

oodlesofpoodles
03-16-2003, 06:55 AM
Ok everyone. enough is enough Karen fixed it so that it has to be opened as an attachment. No one is right on this because my feelings on this may not be what you think. So who's feeling would be right or wrong. NEITHER. Lets just say we can all agree to disagree. But by reading all these post and telling Tiekya's mom how wrong it was, I'm sure this child feels terrible for doing something she thought would be educating. I know that she wasnt trying to offend anyone, So with that being my opinion I think it is time to move on to more positive threads, let this one drop because it has turned into "oh my feeling are hurt, I'm offened, I'm right & you are wrong." blah, blah and so on. I will post to examples

would you believe your next door neighbors kids 11 and 13 would set your dog on fire with gasoline. No they wouldnt do that, well they did (wasnt my dog) but the little terrier mix live the next 5mths at Auburn university Vet School.

Would you believe that your boyfriend would get mad and go to your house and stick a shotgun up your dogs butt and shoot it. That happened here in Columbus GA and the dog was still alive when the animal control and care center came to pick it up. The dog was PTS

I hope that I have not offended anyone that is not my aim,
But this thread was to be about abused animals and not anything else.

tikeyas_mom
03-16-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm sure this child feels terrible for doing something she thought would be educating.( posted by oodlesofpoodles)

I dont feel terrible, I feel good that ppl are here looking at the pics and reading the stories. I thank you for your input oodles. I am a teenager with a great love for dogs and all animals and I wanted to share it with you all. These stories were true and harsh but they moved me and I hoped they moved you all as well, not moved as in discusted but moved as in you want to change this kind of unhuman behavior. I know I want to.

delidog
03-16-2003, 05:34 PM
I would like to compliment Oodlesofpoodles and tikeyasmom...as also Captain,Sudilar,Sammi,etc.

I have to agree with them all....
some people need a wake up call.....and yes, your post makes me want to work harder than I already do in Rescue....

You guys have all made such Valid points...and joined the discussion so responsibly....

I for one Thank You For that...

Lets' see if we can work at making these situations non-existent....
instead of arguing over them...
that is where the energy needs more focus!!!!!

wolfsoul
03-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by delidog
I would like to compliment Oodlesofpoodles and tikeyasmom...as also Captain,Sudilar,Sammi,etc.

I have to agree with them all....
some people need a wake up call.....and yes, your post makes me want to work harder than I already do in Rescue....

You guys have all made such Valid points...and joined the discussion so responsibly....

I for one Thank You For that...

Lets' see if we can work at making these situations non-existent....
instead of arguing over them...
that is where the energy needs more focus!!!!!

definately agreed ;) This isn't something that's supposed to offend people. it's something that's supposed to make them realize what's going on...and feel great that their animals are being well taken care of. :)

tikeyas_mom
03-16-2003, 07:17 PM
I couldent have said it better my self lol :)

aly
03-16-2003, 10:21 PM
You sort of have the wrong audience here.

YES people DO need to be educated and I'm all about throwing those kind of pics into the average Joe's face. We have a framed poster at work with a little puppy sitting in front of a pile of dead animals at a landfill making a statement about how many innocent lives are lost. Its disturbing and I have to see it every day but I encouraged them to hang it up because I believe that the people who come in NEED to see it.

Now, we at PT have a huge understanding of abuse. For those who don't, they can simply click on the LINKED PICTURES. I see ENOUGH first hand abuse at work to haunt me for a LIFETIME. It is thrown in my face every single day and I spend every single day in either the shelter I work at or the one I volunteer at trying to make a difference. I would like to come here and try to forget about these things.

Anyway, it is not an awful request to ask for posting them as attachments. Some of us can't handle it well and already have to handle it enough. Can we just please DROP THIS NOW!!!!!

tikeyas_mom
03-16-2003, 10:37 PM
I am not sure if this issue is quite ready to be dropped. I didnt know how to post attachments and there was soo many websites I went to to find info that I didnt feel it nessisary to post links as well. This is an animal ABUSE section and dont come to it if you want to get away from the images.

oodlesofpoodles
03-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Aly we have all said the same thing, if you had read my post you would have known. Maybe she didnt know how to post as an attachment, I don't know how to, I just learned how to post pics. And you are not the only one to see this day in day out. I do to. If you dont want to see don't look in the threads that say abused graphic or grafic how ever it is spelled. Her topic stated that is was graphic nature and you chose to look as everyone else did, and I to. I didn't really enjoy the pictures they made me sick to my stomach. But who's fault is it, mine and mine alone, because I chose to look. The pictures have been made in to attachments now. So I do agree with you to JUST DROP IT. And everyone needs to get off tikeyasmom's back about this. She is a teenager and felt that it was important to her. This is a no win deal. Because no one is right or wrong on this. And like I said before this was to be a thread on abuse and abuse only, not anything else.

aly
03-16-2003, 11:02 PM
You didn't read my posts either. I did NOT look at the pics. I don't want to be haunted anymore than I already am, thank you. I know I am doing the wrong thing by responding to this thread again but gimme a break. If you don't know how to post an attachment, ASK!!!!!!! It would take probably about 20 minutes or less to get a reply if you asked during a peak hour. Also, Naomi explained it so that shouldn't be a problem for her in the future.

And if you don't know, almost all of this poster's threads have been so controversial. I really do not see the problem you guys have with us more sensitive ones requesting attachments. Sometimes I think people are just trying to stir stuff up around here.

wolf_Q
03-16-2003, 11:05 PM
I am not sure if this issue is quite ready to be dropped. I didnt know how to post attachments and there was soo many websites I went to to find info that I didnt feel it nessisary to post links as well. This is an animal ABUSE section and dont come to it if you want to get away from the images.

Yes, I believe it IS ready to be dropped. Now why don't you do what you just said and focus on helping the abuse, not whether it was right or wrong to post the pics, ok?

Linda York
03-16-2003, 11:22 PM
:( It appears that we are all on the same page. Animal abuse is a horrifing thing, and needs much more immediate attention. I have read the attachment. I too could not handle the picutres, knowing what horror animal abuse can bring. I read the stories but heeded the "warning picutre are graphic". I just scolled down not wanting to see them. We all want the same thing here, but since animal abuse hits a very raw nerve, feelings and emotions get frayed. :( Let's get the word out and work together on what we all feel is a very important thing to stop. Put some of this anger in letters to our Mayors, Congressmen or women, Govenors, President.... anyone that will listen that can help.

:( :( :( :(
Oskar, Macs, Mr. T. and their Mom

oodlesofpoodles
03-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by aly
You didn't read my posts either. I did NOT look at the pics. I don't want to be haunted anymore than I already am, thank you. I know I am doing the wrong thing by responding to this thread again but gimme a break. If you don't know how to post an attachment, ASK!!!!!!! It would take probably about 20 minutes or less to get a reply if you asked during a peak hour. Also, Naomi explained it so that shouldn't be a problem for her in the future.

And if you don't know, almost all of this poster's threads have been so controversial. I really do not see the problem you guys have with us more sensitive ones requesting attachments. Sometimes I think people are just trying to stir stuff up around here.

I did read your post and nowhere in it did it say you didn't look. and as for asking, I do ask. And the pictures have been made into attachments. and to your comment "I don't want to be haunted anymore than I already am, thank you." Then I would suggest you make a change in your job field. And I do not have a problem with you being more sensitive, as I said before the pictures have since been made into attachments. They were attachments when I looked. And as for as trying to stir up stuff, By repeating post after post the pictures have been made into attachments and to lay off tikeya's mom, then I am guilty of it.

aly
03-16-2003, 11:39 PM
I said that in one of my earlier posts on this thread. I'm pretty much done with this. PM me if you would like further information from me.

As for changing my job field, n-e-v-e-r. It is my passion and it is all I ever do. I would be lost and have no purpose if I didnt do this. Yes, I choose to traumatize myself by exposing myself to the horrors. But I also make a difference doing it. I really can't make a difference by looking at the pictures in this thread. About the only thing I could do is go lay in bed and cry for a long time if I saw them.

*BTW, I was not referring to you when I said some people like to stir things up*

oodlesofpoodles
03-16-2003, 11:59 PM
I stand corrected. On the 1st page of this thread Aly you did say that you did not look, I own you an apology, That was 5 pages ago. But my reply was to the 2nd post on this page and the Third post. All I was trying to say is the THE PICTURES ARE IN ATTACHMENT FORM NOW. and I am sure that in the future Tikeyasmom will post as attachments. and she even said she was sorry and that she did not know how to post as attachments.

wolf_Q
03-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by oodlesofpoodles
All I was trying to say is the THE PICTURES ARE IN ATTACHMENT FORM NOW.

Yes, we are all fully aware of that!!

Nomilynn
03-17-2003, 02:35 AM
For the record:

I never meant the spelling comment as hurtful in ANY way.. and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone. I simply meant that in posting it that way, it was like the warning might not be AS serious.

Again, I didn't mean it in a snarky, rude way at all, just as some advice. I apologise.

wolfsoul
03-17-2003, 12:23 PM
For the record:

I never meant the spelling comment as hurtful in ANY way.. and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone. I simply meant that in posting it that way, it was like the warning might not be AS serious.

Again, I didn't mean it in a snarky, rude way at all, just as some advice. I apologise.
I'm sorry if I snapped at you when I typed that, I can't exactly remember what I typed, but I was in a bad mood that day :)
I'm just sensitive about what people say to others when they can not help it because I have medical problems and I know how it feels when people say things :) Thanks for saying sorry, Tikeyas_mom will probably appreciate it ;)

shais_mom
03-17-2003, 09:26 PM

WRONG-
This is the DOG RESCUE section - big difference.

I think that this conversation should be over. All the hurtful comments made by new members telling old members to get bent/get straight is uncalled for. And Nasty PM's on the same topic is petty. There are at least 2 older members that are staying away from PT b/c of THIS thread.
And I agree with Aly that it is being preached to the choir. We take care of our animals and our babies are spoiled rotten. Of course there have been people on here that have told us THAT was abuse also and we are all psycho. I would rather be that way than the other.
I think that everyone that HAS apologized to Tikeya's Mom, has done it and let it GOOOOO. If her friends would stop making an issue of it I think she understands and accepts the apologies.
As for preaching to the choir about animal abuse, that is the exact response I got in the Cat General thread when I posted how many cats/kittens
have over a 6 year period when they are unaltered.
I know we are all responsible pet owners.
I am not arguing that those pics do not need to be seen, but they need to be seen by like Aly said the average Joe Schmo.
I hope that this topic can finally go to rest, as there are alot of hurt feelings out there b/c of this.

tikeyas_mom
03-17-2003, 09:34 PM
I havent herd 1 sorry.

I think I will just leave it @ that.

You are right this is an animal rescue section MY BAD. But what Is the difference. There animals and they were rescued.

shais_mom
03-17-2003, 10:55 PM
These are BOTH from Nomilynn
I'm not trying to be mean...I'm just upset that people think its OK to post such
horiffic things...

For the record:

I never meant the spelling comment as hurtful in ANY way.. and I'm sorry if I hurt
anyone. I simply meant that in posting it that way, it was like the warning might
not be AS serious.

Again, I didn't mean it in a snarky, rude way at all, just as some advice. I
apologise.

Sounds like an apology to me.

Jessica12345
03-22-2003, 09:51 PM
I am truly balling my eyes out right now. I cant beleive i looked at that pic. I should have took that warning more seriously. :( :( :(

luckies4me
03-22-2003, 11:52 PM
Thank you so much for posting those pictures! I think they can help a lot of people see what senseless inhumane acts humans do to animals, and yes sometimes pictures help convey that message.

I looked at the pics, and I have seen tons. I go looking for them on the web actually, all kinds of abuse pictures so that I can study them. I didn't think they were grose, disheartening yes, but not grose. Yes it is sad that this happens to animals, and I will always be researching it, studying the circumstances involoved to better understand why humans do these things. It has helped me save three animals lives so far, and a few rats which I have now recently rescued. I saw it comming and I acted, but only because of massive research on this topic!

I also find it intersting to see pictures of dead people, murders etc. I like to watch surgeries etc. which is why I LOVE small animal surgery, whether it be a spay/neuter or helping an anemic animal get a blood transfusion. These things just interests me. Not because I am some spycho but because I just love medical anything, and if I can study and learn to help someone than that is great. I like to research serial killers to see how their minds work, and am very interested in forensic sciences. Who knows, maybe one day I can spot something odd in a person and do something about it. Who knows. I love spychology as well! I like looking at weird/odd pictures, freak shows and all that. But that is just me...if I am weird oh well. At least I don't go out and do those things so I think I am pretty sain in that respect.

wolfsoul
03-22-2003, 11:57 PM
I look at the pictures freely as well. Although it saddens me to see them, I like to look them to remind me that the world isn't just cake and ice cream.
Luckies4me, I'm taking pshycology in school next year. ;) These things interest me as well :D

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:04 AM
I loved my psycho class in highschool, it was awesome! We learned how to memorize things forever and I still know the Black Stetson Hat and John Travolta thingy too, after 8 years!!! It's wonderful how the human body/brain works. One thing I love are dreams. I can't get enough of dreams! I SERIOUSLY remember every dream I ever have. I can make movies out of them and I wish I could draw really great so I could draw out my dreams. I could go over every little detail, everything!!!! I remember dreams I have had since I was 2 or three, one I really remember that I had when I was 4 years old about my mother leaving me. I remember exactly what I was wearing, the tiny purple flowers on my dress, everything! So freaky!:eek: But way cool!:D

The best ones are of my kitty and doggie. My kitty Lucky comes to talk to me in my dreams, really he does, I truly believe it. My girl Pooka also visits me and she is always here with me, I have seen her a few times. Yes I believe in ghosts as well. :p

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 12:17 AM
I hope my class is as good as yours was!

I also love dreams! I'm fascinated by them, and I'm trying to find a good book in the library ;) I remember my dreams too :D Lastnight I dreamt that I was Babe Bennet off of Mr. Deeds and that my ex bf was calling and harrassing me lol:rolleyes:

When I was little, I actually thought that the cookie monster was real, because my dreams were so life like :eek: And we were friends, and he lived under my bed and in my closet :p Until one night, I put my foot over the bed, and he bit me...and because he had no teeth, it tickled me, and I've always hated to be tickled...so I screamed and ran into my mom's room...When I woke up, I was actually in my mom's room, but that's because I used to sleepwalk lol...After that, all I had were nightmares about him :rolleyes: :(

I believe in ghosts too...I also believe I've had encounters, but I can never know...Have you ever seen that TV show, Crossing over, with John Edward?

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:21 AM
Yep I've seen it. I have a lot of ghosts story encounters if you want to here....but I am looking at another site right now so give me a sec. Some people are SO weird!

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Lol, I was looking at it too :rolleyes: Did you see the simmer one? Uggh! lol..
I would love to hear your stories! I got a couple...not very good ones, but they are stories atleast lol..

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Yep that was freaky! :eek: I wonder how that happened anyhow....? You can just make out the mans face too. Sometimes I wonder why I look at these things. I somtimes want to vomit and I will have nightmares as well, but I just am drawn into it for some odd reason....I just hope nothing like that every happens to me! KNOCK ON WOOD!

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 12:39 AM
lol, I know! people are probably reading this thinking we're crazy! :eek: Did you see the meat grinder one? Ewww, I think that was a little kid...ouch...makes me cringe :eek:

Well, if you do post your stories tonight, I can't read them because I'm being forced to get off my computer lol :p But I'd like to hear what happened :D

-Jordan :)

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Ooh! Theory as to why we like this stuff lol..It gives me the exact feeling that I get when I watch a scary movie...I once saw on TV that people who watch and like scary movies like the feeling of adrenaline they get when they watch them...So we are like adrenaline freaks? lol..anyways betta go I'm gettin in trouble :rolleyes:

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:42 AM
Yes I just thought the same thing. They do probably think we are crazy but I am not...really. I am just a weird individual who likes medical photos etc. To be a vet you need to experience a lot of discusting things so in a way this kind of prepares me a little, although I do have to say it is really discusting and poor kid, my heart goes out to him. :( I would die if something like that every happened to Dylan or anyone for that matter. Such a terrible accident. :(

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:45 AM
I think I do it to prepare myself for anything that may ever happen, truly I don't really know. It's not a high for me, more like it makes me sad and depressed but it is still interesting at the same time, but discusting and sick too. If I ever see anyone hurt I want to make sure I can stand looking at them so that I will be able to help them, instead of being a baby and not helping because I would have to see blood or guts or what not.

Desert Arabian
03-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Ok. There goes my dinner. Darn it was really delicious too. Did you really have to share that?? That is just as nasty as those abuse pictures-IMO.

OI! My head! (hehe.)

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Sorry didn't mean to spoil your dinner but curious why it effects you if you don't see a picture? Words mean nothing to me if I hear that, but if I saw the pic I would puke...and well I almost did the first time..as well as my mother.

I guess that shows again that sometimes pics are necessary.

Sorry again. :) But why are you eating so late? Wouldn't this be a snack? hehe

Desert Arabian
03-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Seeing a picture in your head is just as sick as seeing a picture on the computer screen.....

BTW- I do still have my dinner, I was just being a tad bit sarcastic. :)

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:58 AM
What time is it there anyhow? It is 11 PM here. :) Glad to hear you are still eating.

Desert Arabian
03-23-2003, 01:02 AM
Actually, supper was at 7:00pm, right now it is 1:04am in Wisconsin. I gots to get my patootie to bed, I have to get up early tomorrow. :( Good-nite!

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:03 AM
WOW it's late there! Have a good nights sleep. :)

All Creatures Great And Small
03-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I am just a weird individual who likes medical photos etc. In my opinion, you are a weird individual suffering from Munchausens Syndrome, and I wish you would go get the psychiatric treatment you so desperately need, instead of posting your bizarre, disgusting, alarming, attention-craving posts and threads all over this board. There are still children on this board, and they are reading the Dog House forum as well as any other, and they do not need to be subjected to your graphic descriptions of perverse things. You are going on our ignore lists now, and don't bother with any PM's either. (And no, I didn't feel the need to PM you with this, because I think others on the board should be able to hear my opinion - this is the CONTROVERSY forum, right?)

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 12:54 PM
YellowLabLover, you were up late! ;) It was only just after 11:00 when I got off here last night...maybe the same time as Luckies4me...Where do you live, luckies4me?

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 12:56 PM
We are in the same time zone as I live in Oregon.

ACGAS: Just because I am intersted in medical things does not mean I have some sort of disorder.:rolleyes:

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:00 PM
I know you don't lol :rolleyes: And I am confused as to why that disorder is related to this anyhow...it is now defined as a form of child abuse, and you are clearly not a child :confused:

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:01 PM
And if I did have that, which I don't, it makes me sad to think someone would make light of it. Oh well, who cares.

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Yeah...looks like we are on at the same time again lol...

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Like always :p

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:06 PM
lol...yes, considering we are on almost all the time :p My mother is out so I have the computer all to myself mwahaha :D

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:08 PM
""The child is a victim of maltreatment in which an adult falsifies physical and/or psychological signs and/or symptoms in the child causing this child to be regarded as ill or impaired. The perpetrator who is usually a parent or caregiver intentionally falsifies history, signs, or symptoms in the child to met their own self-serving psychological needs. Other members of the family may support and participate in the deception.""

My mother never did this to me, I was pretty healthy while I was growing up and still am. I rarely get a cold, have only had the flu twice in my life, once when I was seven and once when I was 18. My mother didn't parade around town with me as if I was a walking medical book.

As far as my son is concerned, he too is healthy. I don't "try" to make him think he is sick. He's always been healthy and hopefully always will. And even if I did that to him, it's not like he would understand, which is the reason why parents do it, he's only a baby. :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Yes..And what does that have to do with what you were saying anyways?
I don't get sick very much either...I never used to get colds, but when we moved to the basement downstairs, we all started getting sick....There was a flood down there and they left the same carpet and it was moldy :eek: so we all got sick....so now we moved upstairs, and yet we still are getting sick...
The worst things I've gotten are pnuemonia and strep throat :(

My brother is always sick..:( He has asthma, he's had bronchitis twice and pnuemonia twice, but my mother never made him believe it...she took him to the hospital before she even thought of it...

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:15 PM
"
The dawn of the 1990s brought widespread recognition of a once-obscure criminal act, Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSBP), in which subjects injure or induce illness in children in order to gain attention and sympathy for themselves. Since its recognition by the criminal justice community, MSBP has been identified most closely with mothers who induce in their children breathing difficulties that mimic the symptoms of apnea and sudden infant death syndrome, who poison them, or who fabricate illnesses in their children. These mothers then bask in the attention afforded them by relatives, doctors, and hospital personnel. However, because the child's illness has no medical cause, doctors have difficulty making a diagnosis."

Um are you saying I do this to my son. Excuse me? My son is very well taking care of. I don't pretend he is sick. Do you see any post from me saying Dylan is ill, or can't breathe, or something else? NO! I posted one, when he got his foot stuck in his crib, wow. The only thing that ever happens to him is little head bumpies and other normal things that happen to child while they are growing up. I am sure it will be worse when he gets older, scraped knees etc. but all normal things. My son is healthy and always will be. Are you saying that I am planning to murder my child?
:mad:
Whatever.

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:20 PM
She put you on her ignore list, so she can't read it...
I just don't understand what that disorder has to do with anything :confused: She's probably just trying to get to you...

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:22 PM
I've had pneumonia once when I was a little girl, at the same time I had the chicken pox and was hospitalized for 6 months, but it wasn't a big deal really. I don't think I will ever get chicken pox again because I had them so bad, still have scars cuz I was always picking at them. :p I had surgery to remove a cyst when I was 2 years old, which is hardly human caused lol. I cracked my head open on the doorknob when I was 4 cuz I was jumping on the bed and my brother pushed me, hehe. Brothers! Oh and once, haha this is funny in a way, but I was riding on the handle bars of my friends bike (very stupid) and we were going to the mall. We went down this slope and at the bottom she turned into a Dennys and went over a speed bump..we were going pretty fast. I fell off skidded a few feet and then she ran me over with the bike cuz she couldn't stop. hehe I was a major tomboy though, I used to skateboard in the ditches too. :p We would go on "Adventure Walks" where we would try to get lost and then find out way back. We lived right across from the Disneyland Hotel so we would go ride the tram all the time, and once my brother got me to jump off the tram. He and my friend would do it all the time, but when I went to try I didn't run, I just jumped and fell lol. The things we do as kids. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
She put you on her ignore list, so she can't read it...
I just don't understand what that disorder has to do with anything :confused: She's probably just trying to get to you...

Ya I'm sure she's probably still reading them though....but it has nothing to do with anything anyway. :rolleyes: I think it's pretty funny actually.

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Yeh probably :rolleyes:
I had the chicken pox when I was four. I only had 13 of them and the only one that bothered me was the one by my belly button, so I have a scar there now.

When I was three I had to go to the hospital because I had corn stuck up my nose lol.

And when I was three, my mother took me to the emergency room because I wouldn't stop screaming. When I cried, I screamed. The only thing they could thing of that was wrong with my was croup, but I was too old, so I baffled everyone...heeheehee :D

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:39 PM
No one in my family has ever had any broken bones either. I guess we are just lucky. My brother had a bad skateboard wreck once though. Ya I would say it is lucky. :)

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:44 PM
My mom chipped off a piece of her elbow when she was little, and now she has a little chunk of bone floating under her skin :eek: I've never broken anything :D
One time my cousin had to get stitches though...he fell down the stairs and hit his forhead on the cement :eek: ouch...

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Ya I had to get stitches when I bumped my head on the doorknob. I remember them putting me under just to stitch me lol. I must have been screaming my head off. My dad said I walked into the living room with my hand over my head and blood squirting, but who knows. I don't know what I would do if I broke anything...I am such a baby.

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 01:50 PM
eep...I've never had to get stitches...But my friend Mac, when he was three, fell off of his little car and split his head open, and when he went to the hospital to get stitches, they didn't freeze him properly and so he could feel the needle going through his head :eek: Wow, what a nice run-on sentence I just typed lol...

luckies4me
03-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Once while I was in the9th grade a friend of mine came over, a VERY STUPID friend..not friend after this incedent, but anyway....

he left a knife at my house and my little brother found it. He was around 12 or so at the time and was playing with it. He went to close it but it shut too fast and closed on his fingers. I just remember going into the bathroom and seeing his face in shock, the pain didn't hit him yet because he was so shocked he was bleeding. He almost cut off his pinkie, it was hanging there, and the rest of the fingers were cut. He was bleeding so bad and it was so sad for him. He couldn't stop crying. :( He was still just a little guy. I had to call 911 and the paramedics came. My neighbors, adults mind you, made fun of me because I called 911. :mad: What was I supposed to do let him bleed to deat? I didn't know.

So they wrapped my brothers hand up but they didn't take him to the hospital because my mother wasn't home and I needed her permission to take him there. So he had to wait hours until my mom got off work, the whole time in so much pain. :( He went to the hospital and had a LOT of stitches.

I got in trouble that night, and they blamed everything on me. Perhaps they should have taught my brother not to play with knives, but they didn't. :rolleyes: If I would have known my "friend" had a knife he would have never been let in my house. It was a macho thing back then if you had a knife, very immature. Well a week later God got back at me when I was letting my cat Wacko lick some wet cat food off of my finger and she bit all the way through. Of course my parents just laughed at me and told me "Well, that's what you deserved". How mean is that?

wolfsoul
03-23-2003, 02:25 PM
OUCH! :eek: Your poor brother! :eek:
I would have called 911 too lol...
One time, my brother was going to turn off the light in the entrance by our living room. The light is right beside our door, right? Well, he was jumping and trying to reach it. And you know that little metal thing that sticks out where the little thing on the door clicks in? (nice description :rolleyes: ) Well he banged his head on that. He screamed :eek: And when I saw all of the blood gushing out, I tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't stop screaming, so I went hysterical and starting screaming too. And I have a really high pitched scream so it wasn't very nice for the neighbors, I'm sure. I was about to call 911 when my mother walked in the door. She could hear me screaming my head off from outside lol :rolleyes: . She checked him, and it didn't look deep at all. So she called my brother's dad, (he's trained in all this first aid stuff) and he told us that my brother didn't need stitches. But there was still blood everywhere!
Kind of lame for me, I wanted to call 911 and be a hero lol. :p

aly
03-23-2003, 02:31 PM
Hey guys, no offense but could you use pm's to continue this? Just since no one else is joining in on the conversation?

Thanks!!

shais_mom
03-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by aly
Hey guys, no offense but could you use pm's to continue this? Just since no one else is joining in on the conversation?

Thanks!!
agreed :)