PDA

View Full Version : Foster Mom Delivered Kittens Today!

kimlovescats
03-12-2003, 06:21 PM
After only four days with me, my foster PG mom delivered four precious babies! She started at 2:25pm CST and delivered approx every 30 minutes ending at 4:00pm.

I watched each one being born and took pictures. Everyone seems to be doing just great!

Enjoy!

First born .... patched torti ... so female?

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/FirstBornOfEmma.jpg

Second Born .... orange tabby ... male?

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/SecondBornof_Emma.jpg

Third Born .... black and maybe gray like mom ... maybe female too?

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/ThirdBornOfEmma.jpg

Fourth Born.... and extremely TINY .... solid black ... darker...

http://mystorage.homestead.com/files/FourthBornOfEmma.jpg

slick
03-12-2003, 06:46 PM
AWWWWWWW I sure hope the tiny one is going to be OK! Thanks for the sharing the pics! It's brightened up my otherwise crummy day!! :D

Cheshirekatt
03-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Awwwwww.....*melts* Kitties are such good mommies. :)

jenluckenbach
03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Good work Emma cat. I'll bet that orange one will be the real "heart-stealer" Good luck with them.

Nomilynn
03-12-2003, 07:53 PM
AWWWWWWW!!!!! Please keep us with weekly *picture* updates!! ;)

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 10:54 PM
ohhhhhhh! They are precious little things....how far away do you live from me? I want that little orangie. ;)

Yes, please show us weekly pictures....I would love that.

kimlovescats
03-12-2003, 11:17 PM
Better start driving now... I live in Tennessee!!! hehehe:eek:

03-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Newborn kitties !! Awwwwwwwww , so sweet !! thank you so very much for posting those ! It's been about 30 years ago since I last saw newborns ..!:eek: (am I gatting old , or what :eek: :rolleyes: ) ! The orange one is my favorite too ; but I surely hope that the tiny one will get enough food from his mommy and survive !! It is a cutie !:)
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/clipart/geo1.gif

BastetsMum
03-13-2003, 01:40 AM
KITTIES!!!!!

Smooge them all for me when they are a bit drier and furrier :D

neko1
03-13-2003, 05:18 AM
congrats on the newborns!! Can't wait to see more pictures of them, especially the orange guy!!!:D

lynnestankard
03-13-2003, 05:25 AM
Oh Kim - I've come over all unecessary!! Aren't they such tiny cutie-pies? Bit like Lut it's YEARS since I've seen kittens being born and these tiny babies brought memories flooding back. I hope those four newbies are doing well and she's proving to be a good Mummy to them. Following on what everyone else has said - weekly photos would be marvellous! :D

Lynne

HayleyRosie
03-13-2003, 06:40 AM
I agree, we need weekly photos. Those babies are amazing! I have never seen kittens being born.

Vio&Juni
03-13-2003, 07:44 AM
That reminded me how Juni was born. They are so cute when they are so small.
I promise to post her first pictures for her birthday (May 5 - she'll be three yo)

Barbara
03-13-2003, 08:10 AM
Awwwww -it's a long long time since I had the honor to see my Grisette giving birth to 4 tabby girls and a blue boy. Moments I'll never forget.

Thanks for sharing these precious pics and I agree: weekly updates purrreazzz:)

kimlovescats
03-13-2003, 08:18 AM
So Juni will be 3 years old on 5/5??? That's so cool. The last pg momma cat I rescued .... I kept all of her babies ... my Harper, Hallie and Smokey and they were born on 5/5/00 ... the exact same day as Juni!!!! How cool! Hey ... did I say I kept all of her babies ... oops.... hehehe!!!:D

K & L
03-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Oh my gosh, how sweet!! What an exciting experience for you. Thanks for the pictures.

Vio&Juni
03-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
So Juni will be 3 years old on 5/5??? That's so cool. The last pg momma cat I rescued .... I kept all of her babies ... my Harper, Hallie and Smokey and they were born on 5/5/00 ... the exact same day as Juni!!!! How cool! Hey ... did I say I kept all of her babies ... oops.... hehehe!!!:D
We can have a birthday party together :)
Naomi had only Juni, Naomy herself was a very small kitty. I will let you keep your breath guys to see the pictures, I save them for the bd occasion :p
Naomi was a very good mother, but Juni's big love was Daddy (Vasea). They were grooming each other, playing together. Basically, Vasea thaught her everything a kitty should know.
It was such a great experience for all of us and that's why Juni is not spayed, she will have one day her own kittens (one litter only).

bluekat
03-13-2003, 09:28 AM
Awwww....what cute little furballs......i love new kitties! the youngest i've seen was a week old. and oh yes, more pics coming?

catmandu
03-13-2003, 09:33 AM
What Beautiful Little miracles from the lords hands. When we had kittens at home , my Mother used to suppliment thier diet with Meat Formulas of Gerbers baby food and Scotch Broth , I like the tortie as the late Pouncer , my first Cat was a Terrific tortie! God Bless and Keep You All!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Awww, they are so cute! I think it will be so neat to have pictures of these babies from the very beginning. And it will be neat to have the pictures of when they start eating in a big pile with that one bright spot of orange amongst all the blackness. :D Wasn't it Ritzy that was the only black one amongst a pile of orangies?

And I hate to be demanding, but at this point, 'cause they are so little and change so much everyday, would daily pictures be too much to ask?...... ;) :o :)

Thanks so much for taking these pics. I've seen newborn puppies, but never kitties, so this is a first for me. And it's wonderful that you thought of us here at PT while there were much more important things going on. :)

2kitties
03-13-2003, 11:50 AM
Absolutely beautiful! I've never seen a newborn kitty until these photos. Thank you so much for fostering a homeless mom. I'm sure all these gorgous babes will find homes in no time.
I'm partial to the blackies, remind me of my boys.:)

Christiansmommy
03-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Ahhh, they are so cute and tiny...that must have been quite a neat experience...congrats on the kittens and thanks for rescuing the mommy, so she could have her babies in a nice cozy, warm place! So sweet!

Robyn

tuxluvr
03-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Awww, they are so cute! I think it will be so neat to have pictures of these babies from the very beginning. And it will be neat to have the pictures of when they start eating in a big pile with that one bright spot of orange amongst all the blackness. :D Wasn't it Ritzy that was the only black one amongst a pile of orangies?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pb36dc71912a970a142c4ddaee39ad3f3/fdbaaf7b.jpg
Yes, Ritzy was the "lone inky blob" in her litter :) Oh, and she was technically the "runt" - obviously overcame that handicap :):)

The kittens are just beautiful! Can't wait to see new pics as they "fluff out"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pb36dc71912a970a142c4ddaee39ad3f3/fdbaaf7b.jpg

Ok, so I knew she was the lone black one, and I remembered seeing an orangie.....;) :D

And it's funny how sometimes the runt ends up being...welll....rather big. ;) :D I've seen that at least twice before and it's an interesting phenomenon. :)

kimlovescats
03-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Ahhhhhhh, those are cute babies too! How many were there ... looks like maybe six???:)

tuxluvr
03-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Ahhhhhhh, those are cute babies too! How many were there ... looks like maybe six???:)

yes there were six....it's hard to imagine Ritz every being that tiny...all of them were adopted out...the little grey one that is "under" the momma's front leg is Ritzy's brother Ziggy.....similar to Ritzy's marking, only with a grey tuxedo :) ..somewhere I have a picture of him from his present owner...

Given that I was not the original human mommy, I feel very fortunate to have these baby pictures :)