PDA

View Full Version : Peka got a haircut today

aly
03-12-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't post many pics of Peka poo because she's scared of the camera. I just had to take this pic of her after I got her groomed today. I wish I take taken a before shot because the difference is amazing.

She's winking! :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p874a03406a0abd89d4304fb33216f653/fc839ad1.jpg

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2003, 04:50 PM
How cute!!! Too bad Peka is scared of the camera...we don't get to see enough of her!!

Jessica12345
03-12-2003, 04:54 PM
aww! she is soo cute! :D jordan is quite scared of the camra too...:rolleyes: and tiki attacks it! lol:p Jewels is the only one that doesnt care if its there. lol;)

primabella
03-12-2003, 05:05 PM
lol, cute :)

Rachel
03-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Peka is so pretty. I bet she smells good too.

Tucker got groomed today as well. I better get a few shots before he gets into all that mud that is accumulating around the house.

tatsxxx11
03-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Oh Peka! What a beautiful little girl you are! And SO brave to pose for the camera, letting us all get a little peek at the precious Peka!!:) Hugs and kisses to you, sweetie pie, Peka!

Tina
03-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Peka is such a cutie!!

Cookiebaker
03-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Awww Peka is a doll!!! Lotsa ;) ;) ;) ;) sent back to her!!! :D

Kater
03-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Peka is just adorable! Hope she likes her new haircut because she sure looks pretty!

KYS
03-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Aly she looks so beautiful.
I had an old poodle/terrier mix that hated the
camera too. I think the flash hurt her eyes.

Well! she sure looks georgeous!!!

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 10:03 PM
She looks so cute!

Hey! Who's Peka? :confused: I thought you just have two pups! :confused:

aly
03-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Peka is my foster doggie I've had for about 6 or 7 months now. It doesn't look like she's going anywhere so far though. No one wants an old dying dog :( :(

lovemyshiba
03-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Peka looks so nice!! And what a great wink;)
I believe this is the first I have heard of her too, probably because I wasn't paying attention!!!
You are a beautiful girl Peka!!!!!

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by aly
No one wants an old dying dog :( :(

Old dying dog? :confused: She doesn't look old and dying to me. :confused: How old is she?

aly
03-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Not sure how old she is. She's very sick. She has congestive heart failure. The vet said on her medication she could live a month or a year .. it is just too hard to tell. Her condition is severe though :(

(She's obviously lived a lot longer than a month from that visit :) )

wolf_Q
03-12-2003, 11:59 PM
Awwwww!!! She looks so cute!! :D

AdoreMyDogs
03-13-2003, 06:03 AM
She is so cute and pretty. She looks great, and healthy...how is she doing, Aly?

aly
03-13-2003, 11:39 AM
This week has been a hard week. She's got a lot of fluid in her chest and is coughing a lot more. She also keeps waking up in the middle of the night and just standing there panting :( We have a vet visit early next week.

AdoreMyDogs
03-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by aly
This week has been a hard week. She's got a lot of fluid in her chest and is coughing a lot more. She also keeps waking up in the middle of the night and just standing there panting :( We have a vet visit early next week.

I am so sorry, Aly :( She is in good hands now with you, but regardless of what the outcome is, she is loved and that is a wonderful blessing for such a beautiful old dog. I hope everything is OK.

aly
03-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Leslie,

She's definately a fighter. She's got so much spunk in her. She just loves to push my hands away when I'm giving her a pill or checking her teeth. She also loves to yelp when I am inspecting her body for lumps. She learned early on that I immediately stop when she yelps. I know I'm not hurting her, but what can I say, she has me trained!

She got a TON of hair cut off yesterday and its making things easier on us. I had been worrying for months about how I was going to get her groomed because I refused to take her to a grooming place because she HATES cages. Normal groomers won't even do heart patients, she would need to be done at a vet. But even that I didn't want to do because it would have stressed her SOOOOOOO bad. Anyway, a groomer friend I know volunteered some time and came into my work to shave our Sheepdog so I took Peka in and he helped me out with her. It made it 100 times better that I was standing there with her.

Its very depressing to me and wearing me down emotionally to know that she doesn't have too long to live. I'm a wuss and I can't handle these things well. But I try to take comfort in knowing that she is happy now and a LOT better off than the nasty awful condition someone dumped her in.

ramanth
03-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Peka is such a cutie. :D

I love her haircut! :) Peka darling... do not be afraid of the camera. :) It's just a silly little box with a quick bright light and then people from all over the world can admire your prettiness. :)

sammi
03-13-2003, 03:14 PM
She looks cute with her new cut! I hope she stays healthy as she can for awhile. She is soaking up the loven!

micki76
03-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by aly

Its very depressing to me and wearing me down emotionally to know that she doesn't have too long to live. I'm a wuss and I can't handle these things well. But I try to take comfort in knowing that she is happy now and a LOT better off than the nasty awful condition someone dumped her in.

Oh, Aly. Don't be sad, I'm know she's so happy with you!! I hate to think of the unhealthy seniors that don't have such a wonderful place to live out their last months. :( But Peka's got YOU!!! Keep your chin up. ;)