PDA

View Full Version : Great news on CNN!!!!!!

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Can't wait for details! :D

BREAKING NEWS Missing teenager Elizabeth Smart found alive in Salt Lake City suburb, police say. Details to come.

She was missing for AGES! I "think" a whole year almost

RockyRoad
03-12-2003, 04:50 PM
OMG! I remember her! I'm sooo glad they found her! :D

Aspen and Misty
03-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Wow that is soo great, she kinda looks like someone here on pet talk not to long ago who had her picture in her signature along with her dog who was wearing the same yellow thing, I dunno, maybe its my imagenation but that is sooo great, her family must be so happy to have her back, how scary.

Ash

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 04:54 PM
She's home!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/03/12/smart.kidnapping/index.html

OMG that is SO great! She was missing for 9 months! :eek:

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 05:17 PM
That's great news!!

weiner_teddy
03-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Oh, I know, I was sitting here at the computer and they had breaking news come on (interupting Oprah) and they said they have found Elizabeth. It's amazing that she has made it after 9 months ago when she was kidnapped!

marysmerrycats
03-12-2003, 06:08 PM
I just read that! it is great news, but I am waiting to hear more, what happend to her, I hope that creep did not hurt her. Im so glad she is found and alive!

primabella
03-12-2003, 07:09 PM
i don't remmeber any of this...but still. i'm SOOO happy everything worked out well for her!! :):)

sammi
03-12-2003, 08:11 PM
That was just wonderful news!!!!! Miracles do happen I guess.:)

wolf_Q
03-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Yep! My friend even called me at work today to tell me about it. It's been on the news ALL DAY LONG, but obviously I don't hear much at a dog grooming salon, lol. Yeah, I watched it on tv tonight...hey, you know the guy who kidnapped her? Yeah, my mom and I saw him up in SLC before it happened. He was downtown a lot.

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 11:21 PM
You saw him?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek:

He looks freaky! Are you in Salt Lake City also? Poor girl (lucky too!) and be careful, although I'm sure the police will handle him now. :)

wolf_Q
03-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Nope, I don't live in SLC...about 45 minutes away...I'm positive it was him though, he's hard to miss the way he dressed...my uncle works up in SLC too, and he said he'd seen him up there all the time also. <psycho>

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 11:29 PM
:eek: :eek:

Did the guy you saw have that huge beard he has? If so, it must be him. Not many people look like that. :rolleyes:

marysmerrycats
03-13-2003, 03:01 AM
that had to be a horrible, frightening time for that poor girl, being with him for almost a year!

03-13-2003, 05:09 AM
That is the best news !! I am so happy for that young girl !!
I wonder why that creep did such an evil thing ; and why did he pick her out ? I sure hope the poor girl wasn't "used" for sexual cruelties ...:eek: ! But even without that , it must have been a very traumatic period to Elisabeth! Let's all hope & pray that she gets over this !! HANG IN THERE ELISABETH !!!

ps. I was even on our noon-news here !!

Vio&Juni
03-13-2003, 06:51 AM
Even me here in Moldova, more than 10000km I knew about this girl. I am so glad for her parents and for her. To tell you the truth, I didn't believe she must be living anymore. Again, I am so glad for this family!

Pam
03-13-2003, 07:00 AM
I heard this on the radio in the car yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes. I could only imagine the joy and relief her family must have been experiencing. I also thought she would probably never be found alive. Thank God I was wrong. I'm sure she'll have a lot to "work through" but with the love of family and friends she'll make it!

lovemyshiba
03-13-2003, 09:17 AM
That is such wonderful news--I did see it yesterday, and it was great to hear and see.
It's so nice to see some happy news once in a while!!

anna_66
03-13-2003, 09:26 AM
I'm so glad to see that she is home. I can't even imagine the trauma she's been through.:(

popcornbird
03-14-2003, 01:00 AM
I just saw some videos of Elizabeth's father speaking on MSNBC. His words brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what this poor girl went through, and its truely a miracle that she's back. Her father said the police called him to their office but didn't tell him his daughter was there, so when he saw her, it was a great surprise. I can't even imagine how happy the family must be! I don't even know the girl, and I'm so happy, as if she was a close friend. God truely answers prayers, and this is one great example, of how much God listens when we pray. We should never give up hope. I have to admit, I never thought Elizabeth would return home alive, so this was one of the best news I've heard in awhile. :)

Dakota's Mommy
03-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Yes, I heard this somewhere yesterday but didn't see much tv so I didn't hear many of the details! So glad to hear that she's home safe and sound! It's so uncommon for these poor people to get back home safe and sound these days, it's soooo good to hear that she did!