PDA

View Full Version : Spay-Neuter Spots

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-12-2003, 02:14 PM
There was an article in Sunday's Tribune about some shelters in the area and down in the corner there was this little snippet. I thought some of you rescuers might be interested. And the 800 number sounds like it's for everywhere, not just the Chicago area, but I haven't personally called it.
---------------------------
Several facilities offer low-cost spay/neuter clinics and vaccinations:
Animal Welfare League (Chicago) 773-667-0088
Anti-Cruelty Society (Chicago) 312-644-8338
Evanston Animal Shelter (Evanston) 847-705-2653
Luv-A-Pet/Petco Stores (Chicago) 773-935-7388
Luv-A-Pet/Petco Stores (Suburbs) 847-759-8700
P.A.W.S. (Chicago) 773-521-7729

You can also locate a low-cost spay/neuter clinic in your area by calling 800-248-spay.
--------------------------------

And some of these, like the Animal Welfare League, Anti-Cruelty Society and P.A.W.S. are nationwide, so you could see if they have a location near you and if that location offers the low-cost spay/neuters.

Is it just me or are shelters and the plight of these poor critters getting more attention these days in the paper? I thought maybe because spring is coming and they want to get the word out to have this done before everyone lets their pets run wild with spring fever.

RICHARD
03-12-2003, 03:23 PM
here in lost angeles i saw a news report on a family who
had their pit bull 'fixed' on by a mobile neuter/spay clinic.

the pit bull died soon after the procedure (because of a pre-exsisting problem) which is why the story made the news....

i was bothered by the death of the animal, but i was pretty happy to see a low cost, mobile solution to the pet overpopulation problem....