PDA

View Full Version : A Soft Paws Poll

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 01:43 PM
OK, we've decided that all our cats are going to get Soft Paws. Oliver already has blue. But I would like your opinions on what color the others should get...

The colors are: Clear, blue, purple , red and pink.

Noah:
Noel:
Basil:
Olivia:

We are leaning towards pink for Olivia, so we'd have a male/female pair. :) I wish they had teal...that would be so pretty on Noah...darn.

Their pictures are in my signature...so you can see what colors will match. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Noah: Red
Noel: Clear if you want a different color on each kitty, or I would actually think the pink ones would be
cute on her too.
Basil: Purple
Olivia: Definitely pink since Oliver is blue

The advantage to each having their own color is that way if one loses one, you'll know which kitty it came from.

And of course, we'll need pictures of all of them after their manicures, and if you do Basie's yourself, pictures while in progress would be nice too. ;) :D

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
The advantage to each having their own color is that way if one loses one, you'll know which kitty it came from.

And of course, we'll need pictures of all of them after their manicures, and if you do Basie's yourself, pictures while in progress would be nice too. ;) :D

Great idea!!! Thanks! :)

Yes...pictures are in order. :D It'll be interesting... ;)

03-12-2003, 02:07 PM
This is my suggestion :

Noah :
red

Olivia : Pink

Basil : Purple

Oliver : Blue

Pictures wanted !!!;) :D

ps. I have one more important question here : my cats love to sharpen their nails on their scratch-tower . Can they still do that with those caps on :confused:

jenluckenbach
03-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Noah.RED
Noel.PURPLE
Basil.CLEAR
Olivia.PINK
Oliver.BLUE

Nomilynn
03-12-2003, 02:23 PM
I agree with Jen :)

wolflady
03-12-2003, 02:23 PM
LOL LOL
I would go ahead and put pink on both of the girls:D

Noel, Olivia = Pink
Noah = Red
Oliver = Blue
Basil = Purple
:D

I like the colored ones with Marius, because it's easy to tell when they come off. Right now he has on clear, because I just didn't think to mail-order the colored ones and they sell the clear ones at PetCo. I'll definitely be ordering the colored ones again, though..because it's hard to tell when the clear ones fall off...that is until Marius starts making break in my lap! :eek: ouch! LOL

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 02:43 PM
Poor Basie!!! You all want him to wear a "girl" color!! ;) Well...except for Jen. :)

Lut...they can do the same things as they did before, just without the damage. Oliver plays and scratches his post like he has no idea they are on him. :)

jenluckenbach
03-12-2003, 02:51 PM
and the reason I said clear for Basil is who would want to distract from his natural beauty?

03-12-2003, 02:56 PM
I will ask my vet !! I am not sure they are available here !! I printed out a picture from that link to show her ! I know I can order them on-line , but I hate the idea to give our credit-card number ...:(

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
and the reason I said clear for Basil is who would want to distract from his natural beauty?
Awww....how sweet!! :)

What about red for him? Not so much a "girl" color. ;)

I'm just kidding around... :D

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by lut
I will ask my vet !! I am not sure they are available here !! I printed out a picture from that link to show her ! I know I can order them on-line , but I hate the idea to give our credit-card number ...:(
If you decide that you want them for Inka, let me know and I can buy them for you and ship them...would that work?

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 05:33 PM
I talked to hubby and he wants his little girl (Noel) to have purple paws. I told him he didn't have a say...that's why I created this poll. :) ;)

I guess I'll give him one cat....I'll take the other four to "decorate". ;)

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 05:51 PM
Noah.RED
Noel.PURPLE
Basil.CLEAR
Olivia.PINK
Oliver.BLUE

Agree! We don't want Basie to have a girl's color. :rolleyes:

Ps. What are softpaws? Do they glue onto the cat's claws or what? And do they keep them from scratching things? :confused:

Nomilynn
03-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I talked to hubby and he wants his little girl (Noel) to have purple paws. I told him he didn't have a say...that's why I created this poll. :) ;)

I guess I'll give him one cat....I'll take the other four to "decorate". ;)

That's why I said I agreed with Jen... because purple is such a lovely colour for such a regal gal :)

I'm also going to look into soft paws for my girls. I clipped Tilly's nails only about a week and a half ago and they are already stabbing me! :eek: They are also destroying a chair my mom has left here.. thank goodness she will eventually recover it.

Freckles
03-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Softpaws (http://www.softpaws.com/about.html)

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 10:05 PM
She was such a good girl! When they brought her back to me, the tech said that she was the best Tortie they've had. Aparently, some torties have something called a "Tortatude". ;) ;) ;)

Here she is, with her pretty, purple nails:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p60e9072bc0785234588e3110091ee7da/fc8339e1.jpg

She's posing here: :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pd1e9ad77e1b47d96cb99af52470ff869/fc8339ce.jpg

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 10:19 PM
She looks like she has nail polish on! LOL! Did the rest get their's too?

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 05:41 AM
:cool: too beautiful for words :D

ChrisH
03-13-2003, 05:48 AM
Noah. Red Noel. Purple Basil. Clear Olivia Pink Oliver. Blue

too beautiful for words

Jen, you have said it all for me!:) :)

Chris

HayleyRosie
03-13-2003, 06:29 AM
She looks beautiful with her purple nails. Now I really want to get them for Hayley. I would like to put them on her back feet as well. She is really good with her back feet!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Awwww....isn't Noel adorable with her purple knives. ;) :D The pic where she's posing is so cute. :D

Can't wait to see the rest of them when they're done. :)

Russian Blue
03-13-2003, 10:30 AM
**raises hand in air** I have a question !!

Maybe this has been asked before and I neglected to see it. When they attach the Soft Paws, how does the cat get up their scratching post. Specifically, if it is a tall cat tree? I guess they would have to jump, since they can't use their nails?

:confused:

I love the idea of soft paws, but I would worry if you have a tall cat tree and your cat's start playing. Without their nails for grip, they couldn't stabablize themselves and may fall?

:confused:

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone! :) Noel already forgot about her new nails.

Russian Blue,
She can still climb....not as good, but she ran up our tall cat tree last night.

HaleyRose,
The three legged cat, Chester, at the vet has all three paws done and he looks great! I think Haley would look pretty with purple. :)

So far, Oliver and Noel have their's done. We clipped Basie's nails yesterday and we're going to put RED one's on tonight.

Noah get's his on Sunday. Olivia will have her's put on on her "chubby kitty" appointment on the 29th. She get's pink.

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Before you do Noah's you should concider doing them in blue. (I know I said red before, but that was when I thought we were going for 5 different colors) I have always found that royal blue looks EXCELLENT on orange kitties.

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Before you do Noah's you should concider doing them in blue. (I know I said red before, but that was when I thought we were going for 5 different colors) I have always found that royal blue looks EXCELLENT on orange kitties.
Jen,
You've read my mind! That's the color I wanted for Noah too. Blue it is!!

Noah: BLUE
Noel: PURPLE
Basil: RED
Olivia: PINK
Oliver: BLUE

Cute?

jenluckenbach
03-13-2003, 05:54 PM
perfect

Nomilynn
03-17-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm getting soft paws for my crew as well. I cannot get them to stop scratching stuf - including my BRAND NEW suitcases!!! :eek: However, I think Nutmeg has to have kitten size, and so hers will have to be clear :( I really wanted her to have red, to match her collar :( Oh well. I might have to get her done at the vet (she's REALLY horrible about having her paws touched) and all they have is clear, so I can determine her size there :)

Wish us luck (we will need it!!!! :eek: :D )

NoahsMommy
03-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Wish us luck (we will need it!!!! :eek: :D )
You'll do great! It may take all day....doing one at a time...but you'll do great! :)

We did Basie and I think he may need small...but his back claw (like our thumb) is larger. He may need medium AND small.

Nomilynn
03-17-2003, 03:50 PM
I've made appointments to have the first installment done at the vets. I thought about it, and if I don't like the results or the cats hate them, I don't want to have a bunch of kits laying around that are only partly used. Also, that way I can have the vet try a couple sizes and see what fits best. I will let you all know how it goes. Bassett goes in Wednesday, and Tilly and Nutmeg go in on Friday :)

NoahsMommy
03-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Great! I bet they'll look great in their new soft paws!! I just made an appointment to take Noah and Olivia in for their soft paws tomorrow. :)

Nomilynn
03-17-2003, 04:15 PM
There won't be all that much to see.. this first installment will be clear on everyone (it's the only colour the vet carries) :) But I will let you know how it goes :)