PDA

View Full Version : what is your cat's favourite food?

bluekat
03-12-2003, 12:33 PM
What is your cats favourite food? Not pet food, but human food. Mine all love cheese, they'd go crazy just to get a piece. Today, one of mine jumped up to me and started to smell my mouth and tried to grab it out of my hand!

emily_the_spoiled
03-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Mine aren't that fussy, they will eat ANY human food they can get their paws on including salsa, chicken, and Pringles. But I have discovered that for some reason sour cream seems to be the "thing" for them. If I am eating a baked potatoe with sour cream I have to fight both of them off and cover my plate while eating :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 12:40 PM
Noah: brocoli, chicken, turkey, mashed potatoes

Noel: goldfish crackers, chips, anything sweet, cheese, turkey, chicken

Basil: everything but soft cat treats...

Olivia: everything...

Oliver: not sure yet. :) But he LOVES his new turkey "Wisker Lickins" ;)

wolflady
03-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Socks, my mom and dad's RB kitty loved Asperagus! :eek: I always thought that was a strange thing to like.

Marius: anything...he's my little piglett! :p He likes anything off of momma's plate, yogurt, chips, anything of momma's plate...meat, cheese! He loves string cheese and of course...anything off of momma's plate

Scooter is more of a picky eater, but he loves licking condensation off of glasses :confused:
He also likes some fish, milk and string cheese

I forgot to mention...Marius likes anything off of momma's plate...:rolleyes:
LOL LOL
:D

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
I forgot to mention...Marius likes anything off of momma's plate...:rolleyes:
LOL LOL
:D
That applies for our cats too...even if they don't normally like it, if its on my plate, they do now! :) So silly!

Russian Blue
03-12-2003, 12:54 PM
We first thought Nakita only liked french fries and potatoe chips.

Last night, we found out she loves the smell of Green tea!! We were making some and she wouldn't keep her nose out of the package! She also likes the smell of Greens+ (a nutritional powder).

Crazy cat!

:rolleyes:

slick
03-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Speckles: any smoked meat including turkey & ham
melted cheese on toast
cooked chicken and turkey
(the odd pork chop bone stolen off Mom's plate!!)
canned tuna and shrimp

Max: as above but omit the pork chop bone
ricotta cheese

Note: the "melted cheese". It must be warm. Cold cheese just won't do!!

Neither one will touch any fruits or vegies.

03-12-2003, 01:16 PM
My cats go crazy for a piece of chicken !!
As soon as our meal is finished , I have to put all leftovers away , or the first minute we are out of the kitchen , there are 2 cats on the table ... ! They are NOT supposed to jump on our table !!! But , as soon as we are out of sight ? ....:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

2kitties
03-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Taz is my beggar, Rocky isn't so bad. Taz loves practically everything- except peanut butter. If you put peanut butter up to his nose, you can actually see his gag reflex kick in! His favs are flour tortillas and potato chips. But, he'll eat most anything.
Rocky likes meats. He enjoys any deli meat and love a slice of raw chicken or tuna.

jenluckenbach
03-12-2003, 02:19 PM
whatever I am eating at the time.:D :rolleyes: :eek:

neko1
03-12-2003, 03:14 PM
Ice cream OH ice cream!!! They come running whenever they hear that bowl clank! They always sit up on their hind legs to lick the spoon- Neko even goes cross-eyed when he does it!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Sara Lee Honey Roasted Turkey Breast.....sliced very, very thin....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/pf80df2beea78276e17ff438587f5f0c0/fd052797.jpg

no subsitutions please.....

batgirl1980
03-12-2003, 03:46 PM
Mozart: KRAFT cheese.. no other cheese will do LOL He knows the difference between KRAFT slices and every other sliced cheese.

Bach: He'll eat about anything.

Eliza: Tuna, and only tuna.

Although they ALL must see if whatever i'm eating is any good....:D

julijul
03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Jonah and Finn like anything they can get their little paws on!!! They have been known (Finn especially) to jump up on the counter and steal morsals from my roommates leftover dinner (directly from the pot most times!! :rolleyes: ) And they will try to jump on me and steal whatever I'm eating - if I'm eating and they're out - I usually have to stand up eating - so mostly I'll put them in my room if I'm (or my roommates) are eating.

catmandu
03-13-2003, 09:44 AM
I agree with Jen , that what ever you are currently eating is what they have to have the most! Mine like Deli Turkey , KFC Chicken , Kraft Dinners , especially the Alfredo , Cheese , and Bolona , Deli not packaged , and Buttermilk chaser.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Tubby likes anything, anything at all, but prefers pizza (which he doesn't get much of anymore because it's just too greasy for his tum tum), popcorn, and any sort of chicken or turkey - sliced, picked out of soup, roasted, etc.

Peanut is a little more picky, but she too prefers chicken or turkey. She goes absolutely bonkers for any kind of sliced sandwich meat. Some how she knows the second I take it out of the refrigerater, and she is all over me until I give her some. She doesn't beg for anything like she begs for this. Turkey (we normally get honey roast like Edwina) or ham seem to be her preferences. :)

2kitties
03-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by neko1
Neko even goes cross-eyed when he does it!! :D :cool: that's hilarious. You have to get a photo!!!

All Creatures Great And Small
03-13-2003, 11:51 AM
I think my kitty is anorexic - he just isn't too interested in any people food! I've offered him whatever we're eating but he rarely takes any of it. He has been known to eat margarine (!), aerosol cheese, potato chips, saltine crackers, butter cookies, doughnuts; but usually just one small taste is enough for him. He does love beef tenderloin - he'll eat as much of that as we can give him, and he sometimes eats chicken with us. As crazy as he is about fishy flavored canned food, he has not wanted any of the fish my husband catches - go figure. :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
03-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Most of them like chicken and lamb. Moby is a bread thief. Diamond loves potato chips and vanilla ice cream. Former foster Mittens would sit up and beg for Cheddar cheese! Bosun will steal food off the counter if you're not careful.