PDA

View Full Version : Movies That Make You Cry

The Cat Factory
03-12-2003, 12:55 AM
I was just watching Armageddon (which I cry through half the movie). I was just wonder which movies make everybody cry??

Gladiator makes me cry, and LOTR, and the end of Road To Perdition. I'm sure there is more, I just can't think of them right now! :)

Nomilynn
03-12-2003, 12:56 AM
The Green Mile!!

Crikit
03-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Um Lilo and Stitch...there are others but the list will get to long

kingrattus
03-12-2003, 01:29 AM
no matter how many times I watch the lion king I always cry when Simba's dad dies.

Soledad
03-12-2003, 01:37 AM
Schindler's List and Ghandi.:(

ParNone
03-12-2003, 02:04 AM
I cry at any movie where the theme is perserving no matter
how overwhelming the odds. So sports movies are almost
an automatic cry for me. The Rookie, Cool Runnings, Rudy, etc.
But also non sports if they have that same theme. I Am Sam,
Forest Gump, etc.

I invariably seem to cry at Dog movies too. Where the Red
Fern Grows, My Dog Skip, Homeward Bound, Lassie Come
Home, Old Yeller, etc.

Par...

aly
03-12-2003, 02:34 AM
Considering I cry at commercials and The Price is Right, I cry at just about every single movie ... so I will not overwhelm you with the list :D

But I agree with Parnone... all those sports movies and dog movies *sobs*

Barbara
03-12-2003, 04:46 AM
I cry at happyends like in Crocodile Dundee. But the movies I have cried most of the time was City Lights with Charlie Chaplin and Little Big Man.
But anyway I am a good movie cryer;)

03-12-2003, 05:06 AM
Shindler's list & Sophie's choice !

Edwina's Secretary
03-12-2003, 07:25 AM
I SOB at Pollyanna.....

Logan
03-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Steel Magnolias, Terms of Endearment, and many, many more

slleipnir
03-12-2003, 10:25 AM
This is sad but I've seen pretty much all the movies you all posted with the exception of 3-4...lol. I thought Old Yeller was soo sad :[

slick
03-12-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm so bad that I rate movies by how many boxes of kleenex I go through. The Lion King was a 2-boxer. Green Mile was a 3-boxer. I never go to see movies in a theatre because I'm too embarrassed. I cry at EVERY movie no matter what it is. I can always find something in it to bring me to tears. So for that reason there's no point listing all of them. I'm a sucker for all the Disney movies and even Toy Story and Bug's Life made me cry :(

I'm such a SAP!!

All Creatures Great And Small
03-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Definitely Schindler's List, and Sophie's Choice, although I haven't seen that one in a while. The first time I saw The Elephant Man, I cried so hard I wanted to commit suicide when I left the theater! I can watch it now with just a lump in my throat. Same with Terms of Endearment. When I was a kid, I used to cry when the king died in The King And I - I've loved that movie for a long time.

Aly - seriously - The Price Is Right? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/traurig/sad-smiley-018.gif :p

RICHARD
03-12-2003, 11:36 AM
i cry when i go to the concession stand and see the prices of popcorn, soda and candy

gini
03-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
i cry when i go to the concession stand and see the prices of popcorn, soda and candy

Richard!:D :D :D

03-12-2003, 11:54 AM

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH:D

Tell me about it - that's why I usually wait for movies to come out on video - free snacks and bathroom breaks! ;)

wolflady
03-12-2003, 12:04 PM
LOL LOL
I'm a sap too. I cry at everything...and it can get annoying sometimes :rolleyes:
Yes, dog movies! *sobs*

I remember the first movie I cried at was Beaches. That's a good tear jerker.
I cried at the end of My Best Friend's Wedding and Father of the Bride.
Yes, I always cry when Simba's dad dies too. I think Scar is one of the most vicious villans that Disney has created because he actually killed someone! :eek: It's such a good movie though.

One of the best tear jerkers that I have seen recently is actually a foreign film. It's a Hindi movie called Kabbie Kushi Kabbhie Gham, and it was just wonderful! Major tear jerker!

catland
03-12-2003, 12:22 PM
the wedding scene in Armageddon.

Highlander - for those of you not familiar with this one, the Highlander is immortal, but falls in love with a mortal woman who grows old as he stays young. He is holding her as she dies while the song "Who wants to live forever" is playing. Gets me every time.

iceyshiver21
03-12-2003, 12:27 PM
The patriot

Dakota's Mommy
03-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Oh, that could be a long list!!!! Here are a couple that I can think of off the top of my head:

Armageddon
Pearl Harbor
We Were Soldiers

That's the ones I can think of right now, but I know there's lots more!!!!!!!!! Just ask my husband, LOL! :)

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm trying to think of somethat have not already been mentioned...

8 Seconds
Jerry Maguire

I'm drawing a blank....

Desert Arabian
03-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Movies that have made me cry:

Lord of the Rings...when Boromir (Sean Bean) dies and Gandalf falls on the Bridge of Khazad Dum.
The Patriot...when Mel's sons get killed
Armageddon...when Liv Tyler is saying good-bye to her dad
Black Beauty..cry everytime I watch it...:o :rolleyes:
Gods and Generals...when General Jackson died
The Elephant Man..the whole movie
Essex Boys...when Sean Bean got shot (and died)
Don't Say A Word...when Sean Bean dies
Where the Red Fern Grows...when the Redbones died
The Yearling...when Jody had to shoot the deer
The Lion King...when Simba's dad dies
Dumbo...lol...when I was little :D
Black Hawk Down...when Orlando Bloom fell out of the helicopter, and every other sene with soliders getting killed/injured.

I'm sure there's more...I am a big sap. I noticed just about everything has to do with Sean Bean..lol..;) ;) :p and animals.

Second that!! Seesh! Small soda: $3.00 Pretzel bites:$4.25 Popcorn: $5.00- I try and sneak stuff in as much as possible. Hehe!!!

Kfamr
03-12-2003, 04:09 PM
The lion king.

haha the last time my family and I went to the movies we ended up paying 50 dollars for two drinks [we all shared] 2 bags of popcorn and a few candy bars. That's about 10 dollars each, which we oculd have gotten a nice dinner at the outback instead!

RICHARD
03-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover

Second that!! Seesh! Small soda: $3.00 Pretzel bites:$4.25 Popcorn: $5.00- I try and sneak stuff in as much as possible. Hehe!!!

knowing you got away with it----PRICELESS!!!

NoahsMommy
03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Great thread!! Too funny, Richard! ;)

Beaches
Bridges of Madison County
Fried Greed Tomatoes
Emma
Message in a Bottle
About Smidt
My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding
Devine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
etc. etc. ect.

Basically ANY girl movie!! :) I'm a crier.... :)

The Cat Factory
03-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Lord of the Rings...when Boromir (Sean Bean) dies and Gandalf falls on the Bridge of Khazad Dum.

Those are the parts I cried on too!

Desert Arabian
03-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory
Those are the parts I cried on too!

:p I think just about everyone got a little teary during those parts.

Come to think about it, in the Two Towers, my eyes started to water when Aragon went over the cliff...because I forgot that he survived. Hehe. LOL. :p

Cheshirekatt
03-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Hmmm....Beauty and the Beast, Beaches, Steel Magnolias, King Kong (when he dies), Bambi (My mom had to drag be out of the theater screaming when his mom died), Forrest Gump, What Dreams May Come and Philadelphia.

batgirl1980
03-13-2003, 06:43 PM

LMAO :D tooooo funny!

But mine that I can think of are:

Star Trek: Nemesis (at the end , with data... sigh....)
What Dreams May Come (even my HUBBY cries on that one! :eek: )
West Side Story ...gets me every single time at the end...

oh my, I know there's more, but I can't think of them ahh well..

ParNone
03-13-2003, 07:11 PM
YellowLabLover writes:

Where the Red Fern Grows...when the Redbones died
I cried there too, but the scene that really gets to me is
Billy finding Lil' Anne dead, lying on Old Dan's grave.
The symbolism of that moment captures why I love dogs
so much.

Cheshirekatt
03-13-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
YellowLabLover writes:

I cried there too, but the scene that really gets to me is
Billy finding Lil' Anne dead, lying on Old Dan's grave.
The symbolism of that moment captures why I love dogs
so much.

Just reading that made me tear up. :(

Christiansmommy
03-13-2003, 09:26 PM
An oldie...Ghost...and City of Angels...and ET.

Pam
03-13-2003, 09:33 PM
As a child it was Old Yeller and The Yearling. Got hysterical over those two. Back in the '60's or '70's it was Love Story with Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neill. Cried all the way home from the theater after that one!

Christiansmommy
03-13-2003, 09:38 PM
Oh yeah, can't forget Love Story...that was like a whole box of kleenex kind of movie!

COCatMama
03-13-2003, 09:45 PM
I saw Braveheart when it first came out, I bawled my freaking eyes out. Never Cry Wolf makes me cry, when I was a kid, Bambi had me bawling.

LOURDES
03-13-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Pam
As a child it was Old Yeller and The Yearling. Got hysterical over those two. Back in the '60's or '70's it was Love Story with Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neill. Cried all the way home from the theater after that one!

YOU HAVE GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS DOGS!!! LOVE THEM.

03-13-2003, 10:32 PM
How could I have forgotten - Saving Private Ryan? Especially at the end, when he was old and at the cemetery........

lynnestankard
03-14-2003, 05:44 AM

LOL! Richard!! So you're in tears BEFORE the film starts!!:D :D

I'm sure I could cry for England - I embarrass Don every time we go to the cinema. I always take a handbag full of tissues - I think I go with all films mentioned as well as:

'This Wonderful Life'
'Billy Elliot'
'Star Trek - Nemesis'
'Gangs of New York'
'Four Weddings and A Funeral'

And that list comes without even thinking!!! Oh I do enjoy a good cry!

Lynne

Pam
03-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by LOURDES
YOU HAVE GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS DOGS!!! LOVE THEM.

:o :o Thank you so much. That was sweet! I'm afraid Ripley doesn't look as cute right now as he will in maybe a month or so. He was a stray who I adopted in mid-January and was so terribly matted that the girls at the shelter shaved him right down to the skin! :eek: Slowly he is beginning to "shape up" but when his little ears and top knot grow in he will be a even more of cutie pie! Welcome to Pet Talk, and I'd love to hear all about your toy poodle and us Pet Talkers love pictures too! ;)

anna_66
03-14-2003, 03:03 PM
But the most recent one, We Were Soldiers. I was so upset by that movie I probably used half a box of tissues and had to quit watching it, it just made me hurt inside.

RICHARD
03-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

LOL! Richard!! So you're in tears BEFORE the film starts!!:D :D

Lynne

i wear dark sunglasses into the theater.....;)

one of the most discouraging things is to fork over 2.50 (adjust for the current exchange rate....) for a box of candy, half filled.
another point of pain is to look for your favorite candy to sneak into the movies and you cannot find it ANYWHERE- until you walk
by the candy stand......at a 300% mark up...

I really long for the days of drive-ins..
it was more fun and you were able to hide the tears so much better.......

iceyshiver21
03-14-2003, 05:18 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by YellowLabLover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

knowing you got away with it----PRICELESS!!!

HAHA!! I found that sticking a liter of pop in your sleve under your winter coat works perfect and filling starter jackers with candy bars is great too!!