PDA

View Full Version : Oh No...Someone is coming to the door!...

marysmerrycats
03-11-2003, 07:23 PM
...oh whew, no, they are just walking by!:eek:

it is quite a sight to watch my cats as someone walks by the front door, even though the person is not coming into the yard, whenever I have the door open, and let the cats look out the screen door, when someone walks by, Louise runs under the couch and peeks out, I can see just her nose, and a tiny bit of her face.
Charlie does the same thing, but then he comes back out, using the recliner as cover, and then will either stay there looking or run into the bedroom!
Emma will usually be hiding, while Patches will only run if the person would actually come into the house, and Cassie will stay there, and would greet the person if they come inside.:rolleyes:
it's just so funny to watch them, especially when they are not sure of what to do, and they look at me with this worried, scared look on their face, as if to say mommy what should we do? their insticts tell them to run, but mommy seems calm...:confused:
I'm sure you all have cats that act similar to mine!:D
now at the old house, Muffin was GONE as soon as she heard the doorbell, at ther new house, she is used to voices in the hall(apt) but if the strange voice comes thru the door, whoosh! she's gone, Callie will hide too but she will come back out to see who is there. after all, some humans are ok, LOL.

Nomilynn
03-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Bassett always runs away and hides when the doorbell rings, Nutmeg goes to see who it is and Tilly growls!!! LOL :D :D

batgirl1980
03-11-2003, 07:53 PM
LOL Eliza will hide when she hears someone come up the stairs to our door, Mozart will go to the door or close by to find out who it is, and Bach will do either.. if there's a kid he will run and growl (i don't know why, he's never been around kids) if it's an adult he will hide then come out if he thinks they are worthy enough to be in his presence (or he's just jealous of Mozart getting all the attention!) :D

krazyaboutkatz
03-12-2003, 12:06 AM
If someone knocks on my door, Storm will usually sit there and greet them, Sunny will run back to my bedroom and sometimes even hide under the bed, and my new cat Flint? (not sure of name yet) would also probably run and hide.

03-12-2003, 02:29 AM
Inka & Maya always take places near the door . As soon as the person comes in , they turn around his/her legs to sniff !! Then they beg for a back rub ! They would even welcome burglars I fear:rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

BastetsMum
03-12-2003, 02:51 AM
Bastet bounds down the stairs - to the window sill. If she doesn't know the person (ie if they smell funny *laughs*) she will growl. If she knows them she will jump off the sill and wait for the door to be open where she will greet them and disappear.

Pam
03-12-2003, 06:07 AM
Andy disappears into the basement, through his little cat flap, like a streak of white lightning. He won't come back up at all if he doesn't recognize the voice of the visitor (he has been known to stay down there for 5-6 hrs.) :eek: . Trevor will usually run into the kitchen but will peek around the corner to see who it is and then usually comes right back.

HayleyRosie
03-12-2003, 06:29 AM
Hayley runs from the window to the top of the stairs and looks down at the front door. When the people come in she runs down to the door to greet them. She is our family greeter!

ramanth
03-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Zam runs into the bedroom if someone knocks on the door. If they walk by the door she'll go to the window to investigate. But she must know my footsteps or at least the key turning in the door. She's always there to greet me. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Peanut absolutely hates the doorbell. She will immediately run and hide if it rings. But it's gotten to the point where she knows the voices of most of the people that visit us, and as soon as she hears the familiar voices she will come out of hiding. And it's kinda funny, the one friend has a young son. Peanut has always been afraid of kids, and as soon as she heard Michael's voice she was otta there! Well, Michael is just about to turn 14 now, and his voice has changed - for the most part - and now she no longer runs. As a matter of fact, they were over the other night and she actually let Michael pet her, so it's definitely kids that she doesn't like, not Michael in particular. ;) :D

Tubby on the other hand, will run down to see who's at the door, start sniffing them the second they enter the house, and will be in their lap the second they sit down. This can be difficult with strangers, but our friends all know him by now and give him the pets he requires. It's funny though, because if he sees someone walk by in the street, or say, the gas meter reader walking through the back yard, he will growl at them. But let them walk in the door and he's all over them. :rolleyes: ;) :D

emily_the_spoiled
03-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Emily will sit on the table or her scratching post (both have a height advantage) and just watch as people come through the door. While Tanner is the first one at the door and sniffing their legs and shoes even before the door is completely shut.

Russian Blue
03-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Nakita usually greets people at the door and doesn't get scared. It's the unexpected noises that scare her, like doorbells, the telephone ringing, alarm clock.

I guess she figures if I'm in this room, how can there be a noise coming from another room??

;)

Edwina's Secretary
03-12-2003, 01:22 PM
If the front door bell rings Edwina runs to it before I can get there. She expects to be noticed and parades around to ensure she is seen and admired.

Two things make her very happy. Shoe removers (I don't ask...some people just do it.) She LOVES to sniff the shoes (Oh Marius!!!) The other is tradespeople -- with tool boxes or brief cases -- she climbs into them.

When we were doing so much work to the house she was sometimes our barometer. If the person was nice to her they got the job!

Oddly enough...even though the back door rings the very same chimes she never answers it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: