PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what language this is ?

lizbud
03-11-2003, 02:14 PM
I was checking some sites on commercial pet breeders
(puppymills) and found this translation in another language.
I think it might be German or Swedish ? Anyone know? Thanks.

example;

Een Pup kopen, Wat komt er bij kijken, en wat moeten we weten.
Dit is een zeer moeilijk maar zeer belangrijk onderwerp. U wilt immers graag een pup die
'gezond' is. Je hoort zo veel verhalen en altijd over 'zwaar HD'. Dat er zoveel meer Labjes
rondlopen die niets mankeren, moet men er dan maar bijdenken. Laat ik je meteen uit de
droom helpen, HD, ED, zijn op geen enkele manier te voorkomen. Het erfelijk materiaal uit
ouderdieren wordt "verspreid over het hele nest" zodat je dus een pup kunt treffen, die of
vrij is (HD -), of genetisch niet vrij maar daar nooit last van krijgt (HD TC of HD±), of een pup
die het grootste deel van het erfelijk materiaal op dit gebied doorgekregen heeft
(HD + of HD ++). Mocht bij een pup de aanleg voor HD aanwezig zijn, dan hoeft een hond
daar geen last van te krijgen, de manier van grootbrengen is ook belangrijk in zo'n geval.

Randi
03-11-2003, 02:22 PM
To me it looks like dutch (what they speak in Holland and Belgium?) I can't translate it, but I'm sure Lut will know! ;)

Randi
03-11-2003, 02:30 PM
I found a translation site which did this! :eek: I think you're better of with Lut though!! It may be quite funny to read - these translations usually are! :D I once tried from english to spanish - never again!!

One Pup purchase , What comes yonder towards watch , and what will we know. This is one sore inconvenient solely sore substantial topic. YOU wilt surely willingly one pup who 'gezond' is. Yours hoort thus very many tell and ever via 'zwaar HD'. Who yonder that much more Labjes walk around who nothing fail , stain you yonder then solely bijdenken. Tardy I yours in a minute out of the dream support HD ED , one's worn nobody way within prevent. The hereditary data out of ouderdieren is being " scattered via the complete nest " so that yours thus one pup can strike , who whether vacant is HD ), whether genetics not vacant solely yonder not ever trouble with receives HD TC whether HD± ), whether one pup who the superb threshing floor with the hereditary data worn this sphere doorgekregen has HD + whether HD ++). Mocht towards one pup the tendency until HD present one's , then hoof one hound yonder not one trouble with within sustain , the way with raise is too substantial within such a case.

lizbud
03-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Randi,

What? LOL. I though it could be Dutch. It popped up under
Hond_Zonder_Naam on Google. Maybe Lut could translate?

Randi
03-11-2003, 02:43 PM
I bet she can do better than this!!! :D

Former User
03-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by lizbud

Een Pup kopen, Wat komt er bij kijken, en wat moeten we weten.
Dit is een zeer moeilijk maar zeer belangrijk onderwerp. U wilt immers graag een pup die
'gezond' is. Je hoort zo veel verhalen en altijd over 'zwaar HD'. Dat er zoveel meer Labjes
rondlopen die niets mankeren, moet men er dan maar bijdenken. Laat ik je meteen uit de
droom helpen, HD, ED, zijn op geen enkele manier te voorkomen. Het erfelijk materiaal uit
ouderdieren wordt "verspreid over het hele nest" zodat je dus een pup kunt treffen, die of
vrij is (HD -), of genetisch niet vrij maar daar nooit last van krijgt (HD TC of HD±), of een pup
die het grootste deel van het erfelijk materiaal op dit gebied doorgekregen heeft
(HD + of HD ++). Mocht bij een pup de aanleg voor HD aanwezig zijn, dan hoeft een hond
daar geen last van te krijgen, de manier van grootbrengen is ook belangrijk in zo'n geval.

Translation:

Buying a pup, what do you need to do and what do we need to know.
That's a very difficult but very important subject. After all, you would like to have a pup that is "healthy". You hear so many stories and always about "heavy HD". You just have to think that there are so many more Labs running around which are healthy. Let's put an end to this dream once and for all, there is no possible way to prevent HD and ED. The genetic material from parent animals is spread through the whole litter so you can have a pup which is either free (HD -), or genetically not free but will never be affected by it (HD TC or HD±), or a pup which has had the largest part of the genetical material passed on (HD + or HD ++). If a pup has a tendency for HD, then the dog does not necessarily get affected by it, the way of raising is also very important in such a case.

-Patrick-

TheAntiPam
03-11-2003, 02:50 PM
I remember taking German language studies in high school - and one sentence was translated "The fence over the horse she jumped."

Isn't it amazing how our brains learn to process sounds into meaning - especially when there are so many combinations!

lizbud
03-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks Casper & Kitty (Patrick) for the translation. Gosh you
guys are fast.:) I gathered the site was about Labrador
Retreivers, but did contain some info on wholesale breeders.

AntiPam,

I studied Latin in High School & Spanish in College and neither
one helped here. LOL. :D

Desert Arabian
03-11-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by TheAntiPam
I remember taking German language studies in high school - and one sentence was translated "The fence over the horse she jumped."

:confused: :confused: I don't see the word Pferd anywhere in that post...:confused: :confused: At least that is the word for horse in German.

That is a neat language, very neat info!

Barbara
03-12-2003, 10:10 AM
The original text lizbud posted first is Dutch -so there is no Pferd in it. Dutch and German are a little bit closer than English and German but if you can read one language you normally cannot read the other. ;)