PDA

View Full Version : Why I think Surrey SPCA sucks..

COCatMama
03-10-2003, 07:09 PM
There is a dog running around here, I called SPCA, they only have one dog officer! the dog almost got hit by cars. GRRRRR
I am so upset, I couldn't catch the dog, he/she keeps running away from me. I followed the dog for blocks, kept calling the SPCA telling them where the dog is. They don't know when the officer will come here. Blah!!!
:(

COCatMama
03-10-2003, 07:14 PM
what I hate more is that I can't do anything for that pup. SIGH

slick
03-10-2003, 08:23 PM
I hear ya!! I was driving down Kingsway in Burnaby last summer and saw this scrawny dog stumbling on the sidewalk. Looked like it has been lost for a long time. I stopped and tried for blocks but he/she was too scared. I called Burnaby SPCA and was told the same thing. "We'll get there". I waited for about 1/2 hr but no one showed and by then the dog was long gone. I cried about it for weeks not knowing it fate.

There must be another dog rescue org. in our area (I'm only 5 min from Surrey). Anyone else got suggestions???

micki76
03-10-2003, 08:27 PM
I know the frustration. We only have one officer here in our town too. Good luck in even getting an answer on the phone. They never answer. They also never update their website. :mad:

slick
03-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Try this:

http://www.fota.ca/

Friends of the Animals. Keep us updated.

COCatMama
03-10-2003, 09:12 PM
merci guys
sorry that post was a little....disjointed
I was so upset I could barely type :(