PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on moving with 2 dogs??

lovemyshiba
03-10-2003, 06:49 PM
We're going to be moving at the end of the month--we just bought our first house--yay:D :D
It's still in the same town, only about 10 minutes away, but I want to make it as easy as possible on the dogs.
We are thinking of packing everything up, and my husband will drive the moving truck to the house, and I will follow with the dogs--that way he can move the stuff in (with the help of some friends), and I can "introduce" the dogs to their new surroundings.
I also want to get some of our stuff to the house before the dogs even get there, so they recognize it and realize it is their house. I have read before to put clothes or something around the house so it smells like us-I'm sure I could do that!!!

Any other ideas???

Jessica12345
03-10-2003, 06:58 PM
oh congrats!

actully i just moved in to my house 9 months ago with my two dogs!:eek: :D

They didnt seem to mind the change, but i think Jordan got like REALLY nervous with all the noise and everything going on. So Like you said you might not want to bring them in for a little while until everything is calmed down. ;) good luck!

Aspen and Misty
03-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Is there any way you cna move everything in and bring the dogs in later? Maybe a friend could watch them for you? Definitly someone they both know. Or a place that you would board them, if you do board them, that way you can concentrae on moving in and then concentrate on gettting the dogs adjusted, and all there normal stuff would be there.

Any waym congrats! I hope everything goes well and we want pictures!

Ash :D

captain
03-10-2003, 08:01 PM
When we bought our house last year, we took the dogs with us whenever we went to the house (we re-painted it first before moving in).
That way, they knew the place - and when we moved there, it was not that strange to them

Before the people moved out, I used to walk the dogs around the area. It was also abourt 10 minutes from where we were living before, and they got used to the route

Maybe you could do that too?

slleipnir
03-10-2003, 08:41 PM
We moved a couple of years about with our 2. They didn't seem to care at all. They seemed right at home when we got there. Congrats on the house :]

anna_66
03-11-2003, 03:46 AM
When we first moved into this house (10 years ago), Angus & Keisha were young, not quite a year old. Neigher one of them had a problem at all, actually they loved the new house, they could look in from the porch & see us in the living room:cool:

Good luck on the transition with Kito & Abbey, and Congrats on the new house:D

lovemyshiba
03-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone--I really think they are going to love it--there are steps for them to zoom up and down, and a huge basement that I am going to put carpet in, and it will be all theirs--and of course, the most important part--a YARD!!!! I know they will love it!!!!

KYS
03-11-2003, 09:39 AM
Congratulations, you must be so excited!!!

I like Captain's idea combined with others.

Moving in the new house, when it's not so noisey and busy for you, I would bring the dogs to the house a few times before
actually moving in. Than the change won't be so
strange to them.
Can't wait to see pictures after you are setteled.