PDA

View Full Version : I May Have A New Cat

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2003, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone. I was at Pet Club on Saturday and I saw a flyer about the Stanford Cat Network. I looked up their website and looked at the cats available for adoption. Well I fell in love with an 8 month old male DSH kitty named Flint. :) I know that I had mentioned earlier that I wanted to adopt another young male cat some time during the summer but I just fell in love with this cat. :) I filled out an online application so some one will still need to contact me. I sure hope that he's still available. :) Here's a picture of Flint.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p7641f914f289184b8421cd3cdf2e9298/fc86d51d.jpg

The information says that Flint is a beautiful cat resembling an occicat or bengal with spotted and striped markings. He moves like a tiger, very fluid and graceful. Flint would really like to have a feline friend, he loves to play with other cats and may be lonely on his own. He loves to be brushed and to play.

Indoor only.

Wish me luck. :) I'm trying not to get my hopes up though because he may already be adopted or they may reject my application.

Miss Meow
03-10-2003, 12:05 AM
If they reject someone as caring as you, they need their heads read. Good luck with adopting Flint, I hope he's still available :) Judging by his description, he sounds absolutely perfect for you :)

wolf_Q
03-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Awww Flint is ADORABLE!! I just love the markings. It sounds like he has a sweet personality too. I really hope he ends up with you. We all know he will have the best home there is with you. :)

p.s. Miss Meow I just *love* your new siggy! :D

boscibo
03-10-2003, 12:20 AM
He has such a sweet face. I hope you get him too. :)

Chinadoll
03-10-2003, 01:47 AM
Good luck! He's gorgeous!!

aly
03-10-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
If they reject someone as caring as you, they need their heads read. Good luck with adopting Flint, I hope he's still available :) Judging by his description, he sounds absolutely perfect for you :)

Amen to that!!! GOOD LUCK!

If he's already been adopted, then it just wasn't meant to be this time but there is a little soul out there just waiting for you :)

Ann
03-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Aw, he seems like a lovely new cat for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, he couldn't get a better home than yours :)

ChrisH
03-10-2003, 05:06 AM
I love his markings, he is just gorgeous! And oh, how I hope you get him, you and he sound just perfect for each other, you have just the home he needs and wants. Good luck, fingers and paws crossed for you!

Chris

neko1
03-10-2003, 05:18 AM
Good luck, I hope you get him! Hey if the adoption place needs references on you, they can always come on here!!:)

Vio&Juni
03-10-2003, 06:09 AM
Good luck with Flint, he's very beautiful and sounds perfect for you.

Pam
03-10-2003, 06:14 AM
Flint sounds perfect and I am so happy for you and will keep my fingers crossed! I recently went through the waiting that you are experiencing now, when I filled out an application for Ripley. I know what you are going through! I also wasn't planning to adopt another dog until at least the spring and wasn't planning to look around until then, but Ripley came into my life a little ahead of schedule! I agree with Aly though. If it is meant to be it will work out. If not, another special little boy is probably just around the corner. Having said all that, I hope you get him!!! :)

All Creatures Great And Small
03-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Oh, I sure hope you get him - he's beautiful! (He kind of reminds me of a kitty I know.......;) :D ) What a lovely picture of him, looking up from his cage with that "please give me a home" expression - I just melted when I saw it! Good luck!

p.s. Miss Meow, I second the compliment on your new signature pic - love those meezers!

jenluckenbach
03-10-2003, 06:59 AM
Flint is wonderful. I am sure you will not be rejected, but it is true, he may be adopted. Some websites do not update as often as they could. But this means youe are ready NOW and will find that right new kitty even if it is not Flint. Best of luck

HayleyRosie
03-10-2003, 08:01 AM
I really hope you get Flint. He is a beautiful cat.

catmandu
03-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Wow, what a great looking cat. and it would be his good fortune to be adopted by loving Guardians like you!:cool: :D Please keep us posted , we rae prying for you to be a family!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
If they reject someone as caring as you, they need their heads read.

My thoughts exactly!!! If they have any doubts at all, all they need to see is the thread on poor Pepper to show how much you care about your kitties and what you're willing to go through for them.

I'm so happy you're ready for another kitty. I don't know about your weather out there, but here it seems like summer is a long way off yet, and Flint is just beautiful and sounds like he would fit right in with Storm and Sunny. I'm sure hoping you get him, but like Jen said, if you don't, I know there's another sweet boy out there just waiting for you to find him.

Good luck, and I just can't wait to hear if you got him! :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2003, 11:25 AM
Great news! I just received an e-mail from the lady that is taking care of Flint and he's still available. She said that I can meet him any day this week between 2-4pm. :D I just e-mailed her back and told her that I can meet him today. If everything works out then I may have a new cat tonight. :D I'm so excited. :D :D :D :D

Kater
03-10-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm excited for you too! Flint is a total cutie, reminds me of my kitty back home! I'll be waiting to see how this develops....:D

03-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Oh KAK , I am so happy for you , AND for gorgeous Flint !! He is a real handsome dude , and his name is so special !! Good on you to adopt a rescue !!
Pics asap ;) ;) :D
http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/animate/anigray.gif

Randi
03-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Tracey, how exiting! I'm so glad Flint is not already spoken for. He is SO handsome and sounds like a sweet character too! I'll try and stay awake for an update. ;)

Vermontcat
03-10-2003, 12:00 PM
KAK, I am so happy that you are getting a new cat!:)
I hope everything works out and that you get to bring Flint home soon.
I had a feeling you were going to get a new boy kitty sometime soon but for some reason I thought you would get a white one and name it something like Snowy to go with Storm and Sunny so you could have all weather related cats with S names!;)
But you know what kitty is right for you and your other two cats so I hope that it works out with Flint, he is a cutie!:)

Miss Meow! I love your new signature too!!! :D

rosethecopycat
03-10-2003, 12:08 PM
He's a sweet one.

I hope everything works out. :)

Cataholic
03-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah, a new addition to the KAK family!! Can't wait!!! Pics/stories, anything!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
If everything works out then I may have a new cat tonight. :D I'm so excited. :D :D :D :D

Yippeee!!! I'm so excited for you! :D :D I can't imagine that it won't work out, so let me be the first to say congratulations on your new addition! ;) :D :D

Can't wait for the first pics and to hear how he fits in with Storm and Sunny. :D

shais_mom
03-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
p.s. Miss Meow, I second the compliment on your new signature pic - love those meezers! [/B]
I third that!
And Tracey, I am sure they WON'T reject you, but if he has been adopted then I am sure you will find another sweet kitty for you!!
I hope it works out for Flint and You!!!
Hugs to you and will be anxiously awaiting the news!!

Pam
03-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
She said that I can meet him any day this week between 2-4pm. :D

It's almost 2:00 here (Eastern Time). You could leave now and tell them they didn't specify Time Zone!! :D You must be on pins and needles. Here's hoping you can come home with Flint! ;)

ChrisH
03-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Tracey, that is wonderful I am so excited for you, still got fingers and paws crossed too!:D Like Randi, I will try and stay awake for the update!:D

Chris

jenluckenbach
03-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Pam

It's almost 2:00 here (Eastern Time). You could leave now and tell them they didn't specify Time Zone!! :D You must be on pins and needles. Here's hoping you can come home with Flint! ;)
Yeah, that"s an idea. hee hee

HOW SIMPLY EXCITING THAT A NEW KITTY WILL (NO DOUBT) BE GETTING A HOME!!!

Of course the names don't have to all have an "S", it could be Thunder or Raindrop or Blizzard or Hazy....oh now I am just being silly, I am just so happy!:D

batgirl1980
03-10-2003, 03:23 PM
he's adorable! I hope you get him. They'd be CRAZY to turn you down. Keep us informed, and if you get him, LOTS OF PICS PLEASE :) I love meeting new kitties...

everyone else is adding on to their fur family.. looks like i've got some convincing to do with my hubby and my 3 furkids that one more won't matter :D

good luck again with the new kitty!!!!

moosmom
03-10-2003, 03:47 PM
WOOHOO!!!!

KAK welcome to the world of MAAAAAAANY cats :D I'm so glad you're going to adopt Flint. As I say to everyone with a new kitty...

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!

Please feel free to use my name as a reference. I'll PM you my information in case they need to call me. Rejected? BAH!!!!! You are CERTAINLY more than able to care for a cat and they would be stupid to turn you down.

yumyum6970
03-10-2003, 03:47 PM
Good luck, he is beautiful!

catland
03-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Gosh, he is a cutie, hope you get him.

If he's already spoken for, there will be another one that will be just right.

When I went to adopt a kitty six years ago, we didn't have our other cat up to date on all of her shots so they wouldn't let us have the new one. So we got our cat to the vet and got all her shots. By the time we got back to the shelter that kitty had already beed adopted so we adopted Sidney instead.

Now I can't imagine my days without him:)

aly
03-10-2003, 04:17 PM
I wonder if you've got him yet!!! Are you going to keep his name or rename him? I am so EXCITED! Can't wait for an update!

neko1
03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Any updates yet?!

popcornbird
03-10-2003, 05:19 PM
OMG! He's SO cute! Keep us updated! I hope you get him!

NoahsMommy
03-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Awwww! When I saw him last night I thought he was a DOLL!!! I hope he is able to come home with you...its 5:15 our time....and I'm getting excited!!! :) :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Tracey.. where are you?!?!!?

We are sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if you have a new kitty yet!!

I am a little late seeing this thread but sending my *GOOD LUCK WISHES*

:D :D :D :D

jenluckenbach
03-10-2003, 07:20 PM
it;s 5:20 your time....we're getting impatient around here. hee hee:rolleyes:

RockyRoad
03-10-2003, 07:21 PM
Aww, he's such a cutie! I know I'm late, but I hope you get him!:D

AdoreMyDogs
03-10-2003, 08:10 PM
I hope you get him too, he has a huge amount of character and love in his face. He's truly beautiful. Please do let us know soon :)

Tina
03-10-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm late reading this thread. He is a cutie I sure hope you get him:) or you already got him:)

Miss Meow
03-10-2003, 08:18 PM
This thread alone is a reference check for Tracey! :)

Hopefully she's on her way home with Flint {{{paws crossed}}}

aly
03-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Oh where Oh where can Tracey be???? Maybe she's too busy with her new kitty!!! :D *fingers crossed*

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Well I have great news. :D I adopted Flint this afternoon and he's now home with me and his two new brothers. :) He's a very large cat and since he's only 8 months old he'll probably get even bigger. He's about the size of Storm and probably weighs about 13-15lbs. He's absolutely gorgeous but I think he'll bond with my cats before he bonds with me. He has had a bad start in life but now his luck is about to change for the better. :) I want to wait to take pics of him because I don't want to scare him right now. I'm going to start another thread about his story so look for it in cat general. Thanks for all of the good luck wishes. :)

shais_mom
03-10-2003, 11:50 PM
YEAH!
I am so happy for you Tracey!!

wolf_Q
03-10-2003, 11:54 PM
ConCATulations!! Flint is one handsome boy! Can't wait for pics!! :D I bet he'll fit in with Storm and Sunny perfectly!

aly
03-11-2003, 12:03 AM
CONGRATS Tracey !!! YAAAY!

NoahsMommy
03-11-2003, 12:29 AM
Yay!!! I'm thrilled for you Tracey!!! I can't wait to hear all about your first meeting, Flint' past, introductions and how wonderfully sweet he is!! Yay!!!! :D :D

Vio&Juni
03-11-2003, 01:57 AM
Yipee!
I am so glad you have him now!

jenluckenbach
03-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Hip Hio Hooray!!! We got the new kitty! Welcome to Flint!:D

ChrisH
03-11-2003, 05:02 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!:) :) :) I am so happy for you Tracey!!:) :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pd24fd5f0921908fbfeb888ccd4082fe1/fc85c97c.gif http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p066362cef3eefb6226b3747b66251364/fc85c985.gif

Chris

neko1
03-11-2003, 05:18 AM
Yeah!!!!!!:D

smokey the elder
03-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Congratulations! Now he's "In Like Flint"! (Am I dating myself, or what?;) :p )

HayleyRosie
03-11-2003, 07:43 AM
Congratulations! I'm so glad to got him. I can't wait to see pictures.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Yippeee!!! I knew we'd have a new kitty here at Pet Talk! ;) :D

Congratulations, Tracey. And a very big warm welcome to Flint! I too can't wait for pictures, but I think it's a good idea to let him settle in a little first - see, you're such a good kitty mom. :)

8 months old he'll probably get even bigger. He's about the size of Storm and probably weighs about 13-15lbs.

Wow!

:eek: :eek: He's as big as Storm, and 13-15 lbs....and only 8 months old!!! He is going to be a big one. :D

catland
03-11-2003, 10:25 AM
That's great news. Congratuations on your new addition. I know he can never replace Pepper, but he will find his own way into your heart.