PDA

View Full Version : Puppy breeding and training program

Albea
11-11-2001, 11:40 AM
Tonight at 8 PM, EST, the series NATURE in the PBS stations will show a programm titled: "Dogs, the early years. The breeding and training of puppies."
I don't know when it will air in other parts of the country, but you may want to keep an eye out to find it.

zippy-kat
11-11-2001, 11:49 AM
Yay! Finally a show that doesn't require cable to watch! lol (I'm a poor kollege kid..lol)

Thanks for the notice!!

RachelJ
11-11-2001, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up Albea, it's on in 10 minutes here. Yes!!!!!

Logan
11-11-2001, 08:02 PM
I hope Staci was watching.....I sat there, watched it, and cried and cried over that little girl training the Golden and sending him off to his forever home!! :D And the puppies.....oh my goodness!! So many babies, and such good advice.

I loved every minute, Alicia. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Logan

Pam
11-11-2001, 08:12 PM
Logan I was crying too! What a beautiful story and what a gorgeous dog. Albea, thank you so much for pointing that out!!

Albea
11-12-2001, 08:50 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed the program. I was also very moved by the story of the girl who trained the Golden puppy to become a seeing-eye dog . Many times I thought about becoming a volunteer for Fidelco, the Connecticut organization that trains GSD for the blind, but I know that I could never return the pup after spending 18 months with him/her.
Right before that program there was another one on baby animals in the wild. It was also wonderful. Sorry I did't know about it before to let you know but I'm sure they will re-run it in a future Nature presentation.

Dixieland Dancer
11-12-2001, 10:26 AM
I forgot about the program until half way through it. :mad: I logged onto Pet Talk and saw the post again and then said to hubby - hurry turn on PBS. I was crying too when the girl gave the Golden to her new owner. Hubby asked why do you want to watch shows that make you cry. I just told him he needed to be a female for me to explain they are tears of joy that the dog had so many people who loved him and he would always have a great home. :D

No offense to any males on this forum (I really appreciate all of you) but sometimes I think men are clueless on what makes a woman tick! :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the show - what I saw of it anyway!

Pam
11-12-2001, 10:39 AM
Dixieland Dancer...it's OK. It's that maternal instinct thing! ;)