PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my hedgie!

luckies4me
03-09-2003, 02:21 PM
I took a couple of pics of Speedy the other day and thought that you all might enjoy seeing them. :)

Here is Speedy getting a bath. He got a new cage and stuff and was in need of a new bath. For some reason when I clean the cage, I like to clean the animals too. He loves his baths lol.

Sorry bout the dirty bathroom but I was rearranging everything that day. :o

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p103cbbb5c5f5f8a967cf72f08c41c0ac/fc87bb2f.jpg

Here is another in his new cage, sorry it's so dark. You can barely see him lol, he has a funny piece of paper stuck to the top of his head, hehe.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pcd5fe3c8e41a1981f2cb134dedf21d98/fc87baf3.jpg

The big dark spot in the white part of his body is his eye lol, so that you know where his head is. LOL

Jessica12345
03-09-2003, 02:23 PM
aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! he is to cute! thanks for a smile!:D

luckies4me
03-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Your welcome!:D

RockyRoad
03-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Aww he's adorable! :D

popcornbird
03-09-2003, 03:22 PM
He's adorable! Is he the only hedgehog you have? He reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog! :p

luckies4me
03-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Yep he's the only hedgie for now. I will be getting a platinum girl whenever she's born , takes a long time lol. :p

Desert Arabian
03-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
For some reason when I clean the cage, I like to clean the animals too.

I do that too.

CathyBogart
03-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Aww, he's darling!! We can't have Hedgies in CA, so I LOVE seeing them!

Jessica12345
03-09-2003, 05:16 PM
got more pics??:D

primabella
03-09-2003, 07:09 PM
hedgies are adorable! and congrats on your 2000 posts! :)

Tina
03-09-2003, 09:16 PM
He is so adorable!! Thanks for sharing:D

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 11:28 PM
How cute! And what a neat pet....I never thought of having a hedgehog...how are they as pets? Its cute he likes baths. :)

Heather Wallace
03-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Yes I very much enjoyed seeing pictures of Speedy, did you rescue him?

What a great name.

luckies4me
03-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Speedy was in sense a rescue as he was the last hedgie in the petshop, the last to be adopted. I know the breeder and all so he's a little healthy guy and she is who I am getting the platinum hedgie from, although I WISH I could find a rescued one, but around here people don't want tolet go of their hedgies lol, but that's a good thing. ;)

tikeyas_mom
03-11-2003, 01:39 PM
I cant see the pics :(

Heather Wallace
03-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Do they sell hedgehogs in the petshops in the USA?

It is illegal here in the UK to do such a thing. Same as squirrels and badgers.

slick
03-11-2003, 05:40 PM
That's just too cute for words!!! I had the opportunity to hold a hedgie once - very prickly. How does it feel in the bath??

luckies4me
03-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Heather Wallace
Do they sell hedgehogs in the petshops in the USA?

It is illegal here in the UK to do such a thing. Same as squirrels and badgers.

Yes we have a lot of hedgies here, they have been bred for pets for a long time and there are tons of colors and mutations.

The kind we have are African Pygmies, not Euros. European hedgehogs are endangered and wild where you are from, so that is why they are not allowed as pets. They used to be bred on a small scale for pets a long time ago but not for a VERY long time. There are some in zoos and private collections though.

You can have african pygmies with permit in the UK I believe. We too cannot have badgers or certain types of quirrels. We do have flying squirrels which are common, and tri colored and Richardsons ground squirrels, but they are not wild, they are captive bred. All the squirrels native to my state are not allowed to be kept in captivity, unless you are rehabbing them. They are too active, I could never see having one as a pet. A glider maybe but not a regular squirrel.

Slick: He is very comfortable in the bath, and just plain tame. He hardly rolls up which is a good thing. :) Yes they are VERY prickly! I have been stuck with his spines quite a few times, but it's something you learn to tolerate, and if the hedgies tame it's not a problem. ;)

pegwad16
03-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Our hedgies in lab died during one of the breaks and so i never really got to spend much time wiht them, one of my old best friends used to have one as a pet though.

Daisylover
03-13-2003, 10:35 AM
He is very, very cute. I don't know much about them but have been tempted. Are they are to care for? What do they eat?

ChewmonkeyBC
03-13-2003, 11:49 AM
aww cute pics....
many many moons ago I had 2hedghogs they where really cool,Rosie was the mean one,and Pokie was the sweet one....
-Kay

Heather Wallace
03-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the information, very interesting.

The pictures are sooooo cute!

monkeyluver
03-13-2003, 04:07 PM
Actually I believe in SOME places you can own badgers. South Carolina for example has absolutly no laws on pet ownership which means yes their may be laws against importing and exporting but you can own any animal and I think you don't even need a permit!

-Rachel

luckies4me
03-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes in some places you can own anything, but here in my state they are prohibited. But want to know something weird, we can have whales and dolphins as pets here! Now who the hell is going to have a pet whale! Hello!:rolleyes:

monkeyluver
03-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Geez first you gotta build a BIG tank then you have to buy like hundreds of thousands of fish MONTHLY. Where do you live? State I mean

-Rachel

Desert Arabian
03-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Richardsons ground squirrels, but they are not wild, they are captive bred.

Sorry Luckies, but you are wrong...Richardson's Ground Squirrels are wild. See.... (http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/mammals/mammals/richard.htm)

Actually I believe in SOME places you can own badgers

Can't here in Wisconsin ;)...since they are our state animal.

Wisconsin is extremely strict when it comes to exotics (i.e. turtles, snakes, amphibians), mainly because there are so many endangered/threatened speices here. You have to have a permit to own a turtle!!! :eek:

bluekat
03-13-2003, 05:16 PM
awww....i want one too! they're sooooo cute!:)

ChewmonkeyBC
03-13-2003, 07:46 PM
luckies4me -"Yes in some places you can own anything, but here in my state they are prohibited. But want to know something weird, we can have whales and dolphins as pets here! Now who the hell is going to have a pet whale! Hello! "

monkeyluver -"Geez first you gotta build a BIG tank then you have to buy like hundreds of thousands of fish MONTHLY. Where do you live? State I mean "
zactly,no one could afford one so they dont gotta worry bout sum one getting a whale or dolphin,so they say you could have one knowing the people more than likly couldnt afford one...
just a guess~:D

monkeyluver
03-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Well I wasn't worrying because I KNOW no one will privetly own a marine mammel. Well you can if you want all your $$$ to go down the toilet. I was reading a book about weird laws and in texas it's illegal to tie a alligator to a fire hydrent!?!?

-Rachel

Jessica12345
03-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Yes in some places you can own anything, but here in my state they are prohibited. But want to know something weird, we can have whales and dolphins as pets here! Now who the hell is going to have a pet whale! Hello!:rolleyes:

OMG I WANT A DOLPHIN! COOL! lol:D :D I lloooovvvee dolphins but i dont think people should keep them as pets!:eek: :D

luckies4me
03-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Sorry Luckies, but you are wrong...Richardson's Ground Squirrels are wild. See....

Nope I'm not wrong. You misread my post. Yes of course there are wild ones, but the ones we have here as pets, are captive bred. We can't have any wild caught animals here in Oregon, only captive bred animals, unless you have a permit for racoons or whatever.

luckies4me
03-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by monkeyluver
Well I wasn't worrying because I KNOW no one will privetly own a marine mammel. Well you can if you want all your $$$ to go down the toilet. I was reading a book about weird laws and in texas it's illegal to tie a alligator to a fire hydrent!?!?

-Rachel

Yes you are right. It's funny because a friend and I were just talking about that the other day lol. :p They actually have signs that say that!

ChewmonkeyBC
03-14-2003, 06:04 PM

-Rachel

Yup!!

"Well I wasn't worrying because I KNOW no one will privetly own a marine mammel. Well you can if you want all your $$$ to go down the toilet."
Well now there are some weird people out there!:D

"Well you can if you want all your $$$ to go down the toilet."
Hmmmm....That would be my uncle
:rolleyes: :D

RogueFerret
03-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Here in Tennessee we used to be able to keep anything we wanted as pets. My great-grandmother had three pet skunks (descented of corse) and I guy I know had a pet ground hog. The laws have changed now and no animal that is native to the area is allowed to be owned without a permit. Which is a good thing really because even though it sounds cool to tell some one you have a pet ground hog, you may not think it too cool when you stick your hand under the bed one night and get your finger bit off. (They are protective of thier nests).

monkeyluver
03-16-2003, 07:28 AM
Yeah it wouldn't be very pleasent!

-Rachel

ChewmonkeyBC
03-16-2003, 01:50 PM
That wouldnt be to nice...