PDA

View Full Version : Nuetering...

Aspen and Misty
03-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Should Julian be nueterd? We made an apointment this Monday but I wanted to know if it is better to have him nuetered or to not? I know you run a risk with anasthsia (sp).

Thanx,
Ash

zippy-kat
03-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Good luck little bun! :)

Ash, I would go ahead with the procedure. Especially, if you ever want to get a playmate for him!!

I'm going to call soon to schedule Piper's surgery.

OH! and I found this link... looks MUCH less complicated than the spay...
http://www.lbah.com/Rabbits/rabbit_neuter.htm
*has some graphic (but not bloody) pics.

primabella
03-09-2003, 03:52 PM
i though jilly was a female. is she or was the "him" you wrote a type-o? good luck :) i don't know anything about rabbits so that's all i'm gonna say :rolleyes:

:p

CathyBogart
03-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by primabella
i though jilly was a female. is she or was the "him" you wrote a type-o? good luck :) i don't know anything about rabbits so that's all i'm gonna say :rolleyes:

:p

"Neuter" is an asexual word that can mean either spay or castrate.

Go ahead with the neuter, your bunny will be much better off for it!

Jessica12345
03-09-2003, 05:19 PM
i think you should go for it so she can have a friend! lol but i dont know much about rabbits... good luck!;)

Karen
03-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Julian, whom we now know is a boy (that's why it's Julian, not Jillian any more) should be neutered. This will improve his long-term health, and make several behavior problems less likely later on, including spraying (peeing on things to mark his territory). Do it now, and get it over with!

A person I know was moving and thought she might have to give up her 7-year-old bunny. He was not neutered, and so the rescue organizations would not take him, as they considered him too old to risk the surgery. Thanksfully, she got to keep him, but that's just one other reason to do it now!

Aspen and Misty
03-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanx. We are going to get *him* nuetered. We took him to the vet and we found out that she was a he, LOL. So Our baby girl is now really a baby boy. But, we love him either way :D . Well, I need to go into my room and finish building that house for him, I started it yeasterday but its soooo complicated ;) them card board boxes, I'm telling you, there hard to tape and cut a whole in, LOL. Yup, I'm Cheap, but he likes to chew on card board and I just happen to have a box the size for him, so there he now has a nice little box to sleep in :D With lots of bedding of course!

Ash

primabella
03-09-2003, 06:51 PM
lol :D

yes, i knew neutering could go both ways. i actually didn't know of the word "spay' until this year :rolleyes: i guess i missed a post about *julien* sorry.

good luck with building his house, and i think you should get him neuteured, for health reasons and so he won't get so lonely in his cage. ;)