PDA

View Full Version : A Mini Vermont/Pet Talk Meeting...

sasvermont
03-09-2003, 06:44 AM
Well, I don't know if another thread has been started about this, but here goes:

Vermontcat, Cookiebaker (and her husband) and Sasvermont all met in Williston VT for some introductions, conversation and a little food. We also met Mr. Malone! aka Mr. Malone the wonder dog. He is a real sweetheart and very, very good looking. He is such a pup, with an emense amount of energy and enthiusiasm.

It was so nice meeting Cookiebaker (Anna) and her husband Mark and I had already met Vermontcat a week earlier.....

We chatted about Malone, our pets, our experiences on Pet Talk and in general, had a wonderful afternoon. It was a couple hour drive from Cookiebaker and hubby so we ended the visit around 3:00ish.

There is something very nice about meeting the folks you "chat" with day in and day out. Now we have faces to remember - faces behind the threads!

Having met Pam and Robyn, as a result of the Gabe experience, I now have met several Pet Talk folks. I hope to meet more.

Thanks Karen and Paul, for creating such a wonderful site and experience for all of us.

Love,
SAS and her Miley Girl:D

Pam
03-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Oh Sallyanne I wish I could have been there, and I know Robyn does too. I would love to see you again and have had a chance to meet Anna and Vermont Cat and of course Malone!! Though I enjoy the fact that we all are scattered all over the country (and the world!) sometimes I wish all Pet Talkers lived right here in South Jersey so I could meet you all. :D Silly me! :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
03-09-2003, 06:59 AM
I will echo all of Sallyanne's comments. It was definitely worth the trip up there and I was so glad to meet the faces behind the screen!! You both are so nice!! It was a beautiful day, but getting kinda chilly at the end. I look forward to doing this again someday!! :D

Pam, I have relatives in South Jersey so maybe if we ever go visit them, we can arrange something...!?!? Just a thought...

Yes, and thankyou Paul & Karen...this is truly a place to meet friends!!

Pam
03-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker

Pam, I have relatives in South Jersey so maybe if we ever go visit them, we can arrange something...!?!? Just a thought...

Cookie Baker - most definitely!!! Where in South Jersey do your relatives live? As you know, we have vacationed in the past in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. If we should find ourselves up that way we will definitely try and look you up too.

Vermontcat
03-09-2003, 07:08 AM
Yes, a good time was had by all! Especially Malone who is such a wonderful dog!:D SAS and Cookie and her hubby and sweet pup, it was so nice to meet all of you!
Karen and Paul let us know if you ever head north of Mass and we will arrange a visit to include you too! Pet Talk is a great place to meet new friends!:D

Now,how about some photos? Yes they are mostly of Malone but he is just so cute that I had to take a bunch of him!
http://users.adelphia.net/~mandzsawyer/images/petsmart1.jpghttp://users.adelphia.net/~mandzsawyer/images/malone.jpghttp://users.adelphia.net/~mandzsawyer/images/malone2.jpg

Vermontcat
03-09-2003, 07:11 AM
Here are a couple more of Malone!:D
http://users.adelphia.net/~mandzsawyer/images/malone3.jpg http://users.adelphia.net/~mandzsawyer/images/malone4.jpg

Cookiebaker
03-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Unfortunately only one of the pictures that Mark took came out well at all, but here is one of the three of us:

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/petmeeting.JPG

Oh, and when Sallyanne says "an emense amount of energy and enthiusiasm", this is what she means:

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/pull.JPG
Trying to stand for a portrait....
:o:rolleyes:

Vermontcat
03-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Cookiebaker, I know what you mean! I only had one photo from inside Petsmart come out ok because they came out blurry when Malone moved.
My camera worked better outside as you can see I got 4 decent pics of Malone when he wasn't running around!:)
Give Malone a big hug from me!:D

Barbara
03-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Wish I could have met you there:)
On of the advantages in dogs is that you can take them somewhere. And they are great in sharing enthusiasm.:D

Rachel
03-09-2003, 07:49 AM
Thanks for sharing a bit of your PT Meeting. In a way it makes the rest of us feel included as well. I'm glad you all had a good day. Seems like Malone enjoyed his status as Official Pet Representative and more than likely loves to *go for a ride*.

mugsy
03-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Great pictures!! Looks like fun was had by all (especially Malone:) )

anna_66
03-09-2003, 08:53 AM
I'm glad to hear you all had a nice time. Isn't it just wonderful meeting the people that you're always talking to online?! I hope someday to meet more of you (and of course your furkids:D)

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 09:02 AM
who is who in this picture, you don't say:
http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/petmeeting.JPG
OH, and south Jersey is under 4 hours away for me, so I may like to get in on that action.

Albea
03-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont

There is something very nice about meeting the folks you "chat" with day in and day out. Now we have faces to remember - faces behind the threads!
Having met Pam and Robyn, as a result of the Gabe experience, I now have met several Pet Talk folks. I hope to meet more.
Thanks Karen and Paul, for creating such a wonderful site and experience for all of us.

Well, if more of you want to meet Karen, Paul, and other Pet Talk friends, all you have to do is come to my house next Saturday (northeast corner of Connecticut). The meeting is still on.
How about it Anna and Mark? Are you coming?

neko1
03-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

OH, and south Jersey is under 4 hours away for me, so I may like to get in on that action.

Sounds like a south jersey get together should be in order! Next time I'm in Allentown visiting my brother, we should get together!:)

iceyshiver21
03-09-2003, 11:25 AM
:( I wish I lived closer, you all look like your having so much fun!! :) The closest pettalker is weiner_teddy, and thats because she ummm. MY NEIGHBOR!!! :) Otherwise I think YellowLabLover is the closest.

sammi
03-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Sounds like you had so much fun!!!! Glad you all had a wonderful time. Also wondering who is who? Cookiebaker is in the dark out fit right?

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by neko1

Sounds like a south jersey get together should be in order! Next time I'm in Allentown visiting my brother, we should get together!:)
OMG!:eek: I'd be crushed if you didn't!!!:D

Pam
03-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Jen, my sister-in-law used to live in Coopersburg, Pa. where is halfway between Allentown and Quakertown so I'm told. I don't think Allentown would be too far from me to consider! I am embarrassed to say that K9Karen and I only live 50 miles from each other but so far haven't met. :o We keep meaning to change that though!

Pam
03-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by sammi
Sounds like you had so much fun!!!! Glad you all had a wonderful time. Also wondering who is who? Cookiebaker is in the dark out fit right?

OK here goes from the process of elimination....Sallyanne I know for sure is on the right. CookieBaker is on the left with Malone so that means VermontCat is in the middle. ;)

Cookiebaker
03-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Pam

OK here goes from the process of elimination....Sallyanne I know for sure is on the right. CookieBaker is on the left with Malone so that means VermontCat is in the middle. ;)

Yup, Pam you got it!!! Sorry I forgot to identify who's who!!!

Vermontcat
03-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Yup, Pam is right! I thought it would be more fun if you guys had to guess who's who.;)
Of course Cookiebaker is the one attached to Malone and since Sas didn't bring her camera she was in both photos that Cookiebaker and I posted.

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Jen, my sister-in-law used to live in Coopersburg, Pa. where is halfway between Allentown and Quakertown so I'm told. I don't think Allentown would be too far from me to consider!
YES
I suggest we start planning, the weather will be spring soon (I hope) a great time to get together.

Pam
03-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Jen it sounds good to me! I am pretty familiar with how to get to Perkasie and Souderton and areas near there. If we pick a place not too far off Rt. 309 I should be OK. :)

delidog
03-10-2003, 06:29 AM
What a Great thing!!!
Looks like everybody had fun!!!!and Mr.Malone!!!!
It would be great to meet more people on pet talk.....

So Glad you guys were able to do this!!!!

Vio&Juni
03-10-2003, 06:57 AM
The closest to me is Barbara, about 2000km from here :)
But, next time when I go to Germany, no matter which part of it, I will make a detour for sure to get the chance to see her cute cats.
I almost envy you.

Logan
03-10-2003, 09:32 AM
What a wonderful get together you had!!! The pictures are terrific, and I know Malone had to enjoy the attention that was surely heaped on him!! :)

Helen and I have had the pleasure of meeting Karen, Sandra and Souraya, in person, and I have spoken with several others on hte telephone. Putting faces and voices with our members is so good!! I would love the opportunity to meet more of you, one day!!! Our doors are always open in SC if any of you ever get this way. Just be prepared for lots of wiggling dogs, curious cats and talking birds!!!! :)