PDA

View Full Version : #5....Oliver!!!

NoahsMommy
03-08-2003, 10:39 PM
I know what you are all going to say...."I thought four was your limit!?!?" Well...apperantly my heart had some more room, introducing Oliver Job Cotte: :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pd0c342155beca691dc5d501357346825/fc88a5fe.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pbdfbe0626450aa4de295601013ddb3fb/fc88a5ed.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pd86e16f80045813bbefb1b586fb04ff1/fc88a5b5.jpg

Does he remind you of anyone?? :D He's 1 1/2 years old and was brought to the shelter on 2/7/03 because his owners were moving. :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: He is just like Olivia, but his fur seems little softer and a tiny bit fluffier...other than that, they are twins. Look, here's Olivia:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pd8dd78b21f756994c980212366bad1ac/fc88a627.jpg

So, that's our newest furkid. We aren't telling anyone, not everyone supports/understands our cat crazyness. :( So it'll be nice to talk to you all about him. He really is a sweetie, love bug. He loves attention and being brushed and pet. Can't wait until he's out of the closet (his room for now) and see how he acts with the other cats.

andrea_NMAggie
03-08-2003, 11:54 PM
what a cutie!! i adopted my cat about 3 years ago now (she was 4 then) I wish I could have seen pictures of her when she was little!! you'll have to let us know how the "introduction" goes!!

Kater
03-09-2003, 12:05 AM
Yay! You've saved another lovely kitty from shelter life! Oliver is so handsome! I don't think you are crazy at all...just enlightened....:D

shais_mom
03-09-2003, 12:06 AM
YEAH!!!!
I am so happy that you opened your heart to him!!
He is gorgeous!!!
Congratulations to all of you!!!
hmmm Oliver and Olivia I would get confused!!!

http://www.uselessgraphics.com/tex131.gif
OLIVER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Creatures Great And Small
03-09-2003, 12:09 AM
How wonderful! Another beautiful black kitty! Don't worry, you still got a ways to go before you catch up to Jen........;) :D

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
How wonderful! Another beautiful black kitty! Don't worry, you still got a ways to go before you catch up to Jen........;) :D
Actually, Jen and Wayne helped me to confince hubby! :) I said, "there are people with 10 and 13 cats online, 5 is such a low number honey." ;)

It is going to be very confusing telling them apart. Olivia has a pink collar, Oliver has a blue one. Thank goodness they both tolerate them.

My hubby brought Oliver out and Olivia had a hissy fit, literally. The others seem to be OK. :) We'll see....its such a long process.

wolf_Q
03-09-2003, 01:41 AM
Congrats! What a beautiful black kitty! :)

boscibo
03-09-2003, 02:25 AM
He's beautiful! I love black cats. :)

Former User
03-09-2003, 02:33 AM
YAY! Greetings from Casper to another black dude!
Congrats for getting the latest addition! :)

L. Wayne
03-09-2003, 04:18 AM
Noaha's Mommy, thanks for the encouragement, as I knew that my "propaganda" would be good for something:D . Your little kitten, Oliver, is such a black beauty. I'm sure that he will fit into your menagerie soon. Keep us posted on his progress.

...........wayne

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 05:37 AM
OMG :eek: :eek: #5
I did not think it possible, but I could not be happier !!! You will not regret it, although, as they go through the orientation phase of getting to know each other, you may question a little bit. But it passes, as you know.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am just so tingly. Oliver......a big WELCOME to you.
:D :D :D

ChrisH
03-09-2003, 06:09 AM
Congratulations!!!:) Oliver is just so beautiful!!:) :)

Chris

Pam
03-09-2003, 06:18 AM
I saw a sweatshirt once on someone and it said "Cats are like potato chips. You can't have just one!"........(or two, or three or four....) :D :D Seriously, I am thrilled for you and can see why Oliver stole your hearts and I love the name - goes so nice with Olivia, being that they are both black! ;) :cool: I can't wait for the stories! :)

neko1
03-09-2003, 06:27 AM
Congratulations!!!!!

He's such a handsome boy!

Vermontcat
03-09-2003, 07:20 AM
Congratulations! You are a great kitty mommy!:D
Now all you need is a black and white under-the-bed kitty and you will have 6 like Cataholic!;)
And you know that having more cats means that you have to post more photos of all of them now!:p
Samantha thinks Oliver is cute! He is like a mini-Tubby! :D

Cataholic
03-09-2003, 07:58 AM
I couldn't believe my eyes!! Surely, that doesn't mean what I think it does? YIPPEE! It does! I am sooo thrilled for you!!!! Hello little Oliver, welcome to one of the bestest homes you could ever want for!!!! I can't wait for the stories.

To think when I first 'met' you..you only had 3 !!! You are catching up to me. I think I will have to think about one more. Hurry up Minnie, and get acclimated, we need another kitty.

smokey the elder
03-09-2003, 08:24 AM
What a handsome cat! As someone on here once said, "What's one more poop in the litter box?";) :p

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 08:56 AM
OK, let's plan ahead........
we have Noah and Noel..............
Oliver and Olivia..................
Basil and..................Hazel?????????? :D

I know, I know........don't press my luck. Hee Hee:o

Steffi N
03-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Welcome, handsome Oliver Job, to your new home and to Pet Talk. :)

Pam
03-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Basil and..................Hazel?????????? :D

I know, I know........don't press my luck. Hee Hee:o

:D :D :D :D

Randi
03-09-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I couldn't believe my eyes!! Surely, that doesn't mean what I think it does? YIPPEE! It does! I am sooo thrilled for you!!!! Hello little Oliver, welcome to one of the bestest homes you could ever want for!!!! I can't wait for the stories.
Great news, I'm so happy for you - and Oliver! :D You're a great kitty mum! :)

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Basil and..................Hazel??????????
I know, I know........don't press my luck. Hee Hee

:D HEE HEE!!! TOO FUNNY!!!! :D

But....his name is Basil...pronounced Baa-zil. ;) Hmmm...what will go with that??? ;)

Yea...this one was hard to confince hubby. I had to promise to do the litter box and deal with everything "cat". I felt like I was confincing my mom! :rolleyes:

Oliver came with the name Motzart. :) Cute....but didn't fit. He is a little lover boy, but so far hates all the cats. :( I remember this part....luckily he isn't adverse to stay in the closet (walk in) for now. Olivia hated it AND the other cats, so that was a huge headache.

The others are doing well. Noah isn't having an attitude and he even sleep with me last night...that's good news. They are all getting lots and lots of loving. So they seem happy.

I feel I need to say something here. In the thread about horrible people that just want cats for fun-not responsibility, I said that I wouldn't have any more cats, due to the time and money. I've decided to stay with my company until June, to pay for the extra vet $$ and initial supplies. This was a HUGE thing for me, considering I really hate my job....but Oliver is SO worth it. :)

Anyway...that's all for now. Oh! Samantha...I think those pictures may have been decieving in the "size" category. He is about the same size as Olivia. Can you beleive it? He's only 1 1/2 and she's 7! Here's another picture:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p7538be460b5f345405383dab64433bcc/fc88a5bb.jpg

OK, I have more.... :) I'm going to make his vet appointment for Monday...but I'm going to switch to a Cat's Only vet. Wish me luck. :)

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by L. Wayne
Noaha's Mommy, thanks for the encouragement, as I knew that my "propaganda" would be good for something:D . Your little kitten, Oliver, is such a black beauty. I'm sure that he will fit into your menagerie soon. Keep us posted on his progress.

...........wayne

:) :) :) Thank you Wayne! :) :) :)

rosethecopycat
03-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Congratulations Oliver!

You have a wonderful forever home now. Enjoy.
:)

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 01:49 PM
I see him in your new signature. You are NEVER going to tell them apart...hee hee. Maybe you would not have had to convince Hubby? just make sure they were not in the same room at the same time..;)

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Maybe you would not have had to convince Hubby? just make sure they were not in the same room at the same time..;)
That's what David and I said about our friends and family coming over....too funny! Hopefully they wont notice. ;)

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Looks like Oliver is going to be living in the closet for a while. :( He seems to hate our cats! I don't know if its because he feels threatened with them at his door or what.
I was in there playing and talking to him when Noel started scratching the carpet under the door. I opened it to tell her to stop and pet her and Oliver lunged for her! I closed the door and realized that in his attempt, he got my foot with his claws! Ouch! At least it wasn't Noel.

Jeeesh, I forgot how much I HATE this part. :( :( :(

Some reassuring words please.... :)

Vermontcat
03-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Noah's Mom, How big is big for Oliver and Olivia? How much do they weigh? Is Noah still your biggest cat?
Do either Oliver or Olivia have a single white hair on them or even a white whisker that might help you tell them apart?
I guess you better keep their color coded collars on then!:)

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Calm.......long deep breaths.........patience has its own reward.....

There is no doubt that Oliver feels threatened. He'll loosen up, but not without some posturing between them all. Just try to wait for introductions, give him time to get used to the home first. And CLIP THOSE CLAWS! I always do that 1st.;)

Max's Humans
03-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi!! It has been ages since I've been able to post, but I had to make the effort tonight to say congratulations on the addtion of another furbaby! Side note: Oliver and Olivia were always my favorite names - - always wanted to name my kids that! PS: Tell Noah I LOVE his new "Fishin" tank -- Max would LOVE it! :D

Tina
03-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Congrats!! Oliver is such a gorgeous boy!!

Cataholic
03-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Noah'smommy- you KNOW the routine....time, time, time, some supervised visits, and a spat or three to work it all out. I know time will do it...so, hang in there :)

kitten645
03-09-2003, 08:41 PM
What a lovely addition to the family. Patience is the key. Just think of the day when you call Olvier Olivia and vice versa. As mom to two black boys I STILL occasionally mix them up. I always know immediately from the dirty look I get :D Good Luck!!

Felicia's Mom
03-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Congrats, Oliver is lucky to have found you :) :D

kimlovescats
03-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Congratulations and WELCOME HOME Oliver!!!:)

krazyaboutkatz
03-09-2003, 11:04 PM
CONGRATS KELLY ON CAT # 5!!!!! Wow!:eek: He's gorgeous. I'm sure he'll eventually get along with all of your other cats. He just needs some time. I'm so glad that you were able to provide him with a forever home. :) BTW I may also have another cat in my immediate future. :)

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Noah'smommy- you KNOW the routine....time, time, time, some supervised visits, and a spat or three to work it all out. I know time will do it...so, hang in there :)
Can you all email me this EVERY four hours? David took Oliver in our bedroom to let him stretch his legs and to check out another room. I went in there and David went to entertain the other cats. I needed to go clean the cat boxes, so I went to put Oliver back. AS SOON as I opened the door, he began hissing and growling. He got me again with his nails....those suckers need some Soft Paws...better to start early....

Anyway, thanks guys!

Edit: David is kind of freaking out...he thinks we made a bad decision, but he doesn't know cats like we do. I think this is a lot for him...we need to not play, just be gentle, right? I think David is getting him too hyper and then opens the door and he gets in attack/protect mode. Right????

NoahsMommy
03-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
BTW I may also have another cat in my immediate future. :)
I sent you a PM....but, what???? What's going on?? Yippee!!! :D :) :D

shais_mom
03-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I sent you a PM....but, what???? What's going on?? Yippee!!! :D :) :D
ME TOO!!!

Nomilynn
03-09-2003, 11:41 PM
Congrats!!! He's a beauty!

Give it more time, and I'm sure things will work out. Even if they don't get ALONG, I'm sure they will learn to tolerate each other! :)

Miss Meow
03-09-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh my god, I can't believe I missed this! :eek:

Congratulations on bringing Oliver into your home :) He's a very beautiful boy.

It'll take them a while to settle into a new routine and hierarchy. After nearly four months with our two 'intruders', Jasmine is coming around, so it will happen, believe me. I think part of the process is how relaxed you and your hubby are during this time - so chill! :D I'm so excited for you!

popcornbird
03-10-2003, 12:38 AM
OMG! OMG! OMG! "3's the limit. No more cats." Olivia comes in. "Ok, 4 is the limit, I am NOT getting any more." NOW NUMBER 5!!!! :eek: Kelly, we know, you can NEVER resist, so don't say 5 is the limit this time! :p You're going to end up with 20 kitties! :eek: LOL! At first I thought those were Olivia's pics, but then when I read on, it turned out that its a new kitty! How old is he? Poor Noah. He probably feels left out of the crowd. All your kitties are black, or mostly black, but Noah's got no black in him at all! :p LOL! J/K Congrats! You know, its so funny. I can't stop laughing every time you get a new addition! :eek:

Chinadoll
03-10-2003, 01:43 AM
Congrats!!! I knew it! Now I'm waiting to hear about #6, the kitty you've been feeding at work. ;) :D

03-10-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Oh my god, I can't believe I missed this! :eek:

Congrats on the newest addition , Oliver !!!

jenluckenbach
03-10-2003, 05:43 AM

Can you all email me this EVERY four hours?
I will

David is kind of freaking out...he thinks we made a bad decision
I know that feeling.....it passes

we need to not play, just be gentle, right? I think David is getting him too hyper and then opens the door and he gets in attack/protect mode. Right????
I think that playing is OK as long as there is calming down time afterwards.

Vio&Juni
03-10-2003, 06:05 AM
I knew you'll not resist!!!
Is this the same guy you were planning to show to your hubby a week ago? He's GORGEOUS! I love black kitties and he's so shiny and beautiful :)
I think the place where the "jingle bells" used to be (he must be desexed already, I think, right?) will tell you if it's Oliver or Olivia :p

tuxluvr
03-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Aww, what a beautiful black kitty! And he DOES look like a "young Tubby" in that second picture.....what a lovely "cheeky" face :)

You are so good to find homes for these little ones. We had two strays dropped off (I hate it when people do that) and I almost took them both in...they were adorable. But off to a no kill shelter they went,,,,and I found out they were adopted the same day, so I felt better about it. One of them was a little black kitten with the sweetest green eyes.

Congrats - my hat is off to you for providing the forever home to all those lovely kitties! I'm sure they will find their own way to congregate over time, as kitties do.

emily_the_spoiled
03-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Concatulations on the newest addition to your household :D :D :D

I am so happy (and envious) of getting an another companion. Give Oliver some time and he will eventually come around.

Hey, Emily and Tanner still got "at it" once in awhile, so I can understand your feelings. But as Cataholic once said ... lots of wine will help matters along :D

Logan
03-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Kelly, I'm sure things will settle down soon. Oliver is just so handsome!! I'm sure he is going through some major adjustments. I know what it was like to introduce Butter to our house........no easy on Mimi at all. Butter just waltzed right in and never missed a beat.

Keep us posted on your new addition. And Congratulations!!!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Noah isn't having an attitude and he even sleep with me last night...that's good news.

Noah: "Been there, done that, who's next?" ;) :)

Congratulations Kelly, and Congratulations Oliver! You found the best furever home ever. Now don't worry about those other kitties. They are your friends and will keep you company for years to come. So just be nice now, and join in with your new family. :)

Kelly, I couldn't believe it when I saw this title. I knew you wanted this little loverboy, but I didn't think you would actually get him. I'm so happy for you, and for him! He does look like a mini-Tubby though. I'll have to dig out some comparison pictures. :)

ramanth
03-10-2003, 10:34 AM
CONGRATULATIONS ON #5!!!!

Oliver is a cutie! I have a real soft spot for black kitties. :D

HayleyRosie
03-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Congratulations on the new addition. He is a real handsome boy. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Russian Blue
03-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Wow!! Very adorable and who could pass that face up! Welcome Oliver, you'll be more than loved in your new home!!

Nakita also welcomes you and is now demanding another feline for our household!!!

Rob, but look at all the other people who have many, many cats! And they still function normally! Nakita looks so lonely by herself, you won't notice one more!

:p

Send many scritches Oliver's way for me!

:D

rosethecopycat
03-10-2003, 12:16 PM
I think Nakita needs a playmate too. Maybe you can find a distant relative of hers.

And maybe you can call her Tzarina!:D

jenluckenbach
03-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

That is so true. My guys are definitely at that point.
"OH, another cat...............ho hum..........where's dinner?"

jenluckenbach
03-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Russian Blue
Nakita ......is now demanding another feline for our household!!!

Rob, but look at all the other people who have many, many cats! And they still function normally! Nakita looks so lonely by herself, you won't notice one more!

:p
We will be counting the days until #2 ! Nakita deserves it.;)

wolflady
03-10-2003, 01:16 PM

:D HEE HEE!!! TOO FUNNY!!!! :D

Yea...this one was hard to confince hubby. I had to promise to do the litter box and deal with everything "cat". I felt like I was confincing my mom! :rolleyes:

... Here's another picture:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p7538be460b5f345405383dab64433bcc/fc88a5bb.jpg

LOL First, I just have to comment on that white ceramic food dish with the black kitties on it. I have the same ones for my cats! LOL LOL :D

OMG OMG OMG!!! I thought I was seeing things on a different thread with your signature pic, but noticed that you mentioned Oliver!! Wow! I came straight away to find out more!
Congratulations! on your newest addition! :D Everyone is right...it will just take some time. Maybe rub a towel on each cat and bring them in for Oliver to get used to the scent. Same thing goes for the other cats. Believe me, if Aaron and I could get his fussy cat Scooter to tolerate my cat Marius...anything can happen. Of course it took us upwards of 6 months! :eek: But it all worked out with patience and purrsistance! LOL :)

How cute! I am so happy for you. Now, you need to help me figure out how to convince my hubby to let me have another! :p

**hugs**

batgirl1980
03-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Congrats!!!!! He's sooo handsome! :) Just hope he and Olivia don't figure out how to trade collars once they get used to each other! :D I"m sooo happy for you. makes me want #4 in my house...

yumyum6970
03-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Aww he is so cute. Like the name too :)

NoahsMommy
03-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Cute!!! I sure hope so. I worry so much how much they will be affected. :( It'll work out. :)

Nakita also welcomes you and is now demanding another feline for our household!!! Rob...
She would LOVE it!!! Please Rob????? :D

NoahsMommy
03-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
LOL First, I just have to comment on that white ceramic food dish with the black kitties on it. I have the same ones for my cats! LOL LOL :D

Now, you need to help me figure out how to convince my hubby to let me have another! :p
Isn't it cute??? That was Noah's when he was a kitten. :)

What if a kitten where to show up at work, and you HAD to take it home, for it's safety. Then, Aaron would get so used to it, he wouldn't want it to leave? ;)

AdoreMyDogs
03-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Congrats on #5! What a cutie pie Oliver is...and I LOVE his name! I am so happy for you, and happy for Oliver. He really couldn't have landed himself in a better, more loving home.

Horray :) Welcome to P.T., Oliver!

slick
03-10-2003, 08:07 PM
What a handsome boy!! I've made all kinds of ceramics kitty dishes to give away for Christmas. Some with fishies in the bottom....

Oliver you are so lucky and so is your new mom! I wish you all many years of healthy living!!

moosmom
03-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Hey, what's one more poop in the box??? When you hit the double digits, that's when I'd begin to worry. I've never gone quite that far, although I did have 11 cats/kittens in my apartment at one time, but was only owned by 6.

Glad Oliver Job has a great furrrrrever home. He's one handsome boy!!

NoahsMommy
03-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by slick
What a handsome boy!! I've made all kinds of ceramics kitty dishes to give away for Christmas. Some with fishies in the bottom....:D Cute!! :) At the new vet's office, they have a big display of handmade cat items...dishes, cat food dishes, spoon holders (for the oven), etc. I really wanted to get a new food bowl...I love different ones. :)

gini
03-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Well, where have I been? I saw this thread and talk about a new "little" boy...........and I thought - NO! her sis in law is having a girl - RIGHT?

OHHHHHH, it is beautiful Oliver that we are talking about. Now you have done it - although my current love happens to be orange - I spent over 13 years in a very serious relationship with a very loving guy. His name was Magic and how I loved that boy!

Congratulations, I can see in one glance why you would fall in love with him.

Oh to get these guys to get along......time and patience!

Someone had a good suggestion about putting towels around with their various scents - so they could do sniff patrol for a while.

Kelly, keep us posted on each and every move from all five!
What great fun - and your David certainly is a sweetheart!

Are you planning on getting a bigger bed? Seven in one is a lot!:D :D

NoahsMommy
03-11-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by gini
Someone had a good suggestion about putting towels around with their various scents - so they could do sniff patrol for a while.

Are you planning on getting a bigger bed? Seven in one is a lot!:D :D
I forgot to comment about the towel idea, thanks for reminding me. :) He is using one of their cat beds with a new towel over it, and of the three mice I gave him, only one was brand new. His squirel toy....is Olivia's, slobber and all. ;)

He LOVES his time in our bedroom. He spends most of it on the window perch, in the cool breeze. It'll be nice when he's free to roam. :)

Re: a bigger bed. Yes!! We need a bigger one with just Basie and Livvy, although, I think their plan is to sleep ON us, rather than with us. ;)