PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from CT

moosmom
03-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone!

Well, I finally made it to CT. 12 loooooooooong hours on a train. Fortunately there were no screaming children.

Can't wait to meet all you PT members from New England on the 15th at Albea's house. Alicia, check your PM's, I need your phone number.

The weather is beautiful here (Michigan was expecting snow last night UGH!!!)

I went to the Buckland Mall with my daughter to look for glasses for her. I went into the pet shop there. They had 2 kittens who looked like crap for sale for $199!!! I said very loudly "Gee, this kitten has earmites and an eye infection." Then walked over to the counter and told the employees they should be ashamed to work for a company who does business with kitten mills (that's where they USUALLY come from). Then I walked out. A woman came up to me and told me that she thought she was imaginging things but thought the same thing about the kittens. She said she was glad someone spoke up. The dirty looks I got from the clueless employees was priceless. My daughter said "Yup, that's my mom! Dedicated to helping animals." That's my kid!!

See everyone next Saturday :D Looking forward to it.

Karen
03-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Good for you!

Welcome back to New England, looking forward to meeting you next Saturday! ! !

Cookiebaker
03-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Hi Donna glad you had a safe trip back to CT. Mark & I are thinking of maybe making the trip down...and if so, I am looking forward to meeting you and everybody else! :D

Vermontcat
03-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Moosmom, glad to hear your trip is going well so far. I hope you have fun at the Pet Talk meeting next Saturday.
Cookiebaker, you should go! It is really fun to meet other Pet Talkers!
Today I met a dog who looks just like your Malone and he had the nicest owners too! Would you like me to post a couple of photos?;)

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 05:49 AM
I'm glad you are safe and sound on CT. Boy, how i wish you guys were closer, I'd love to join the meet. Have fun, throw my name in their once in a while so I can feel like I am there too, OK?;)

Cookiebaker
03-09-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
Moosmom, glad to hear your trip is going well so far. I hope you have fun at the Pet Talk meeting next Saturday.
Cookiebaker, you should go! It is really fun to meet other Pet Talkers!
Today I met a dog who looks just like your Malone and he had the nicest owners too! Would you like me to post a couple of photos?;)

:D Of course you can post pictures of Malone's twin!! That's funny....because I met some really nice people <yesterday> and they took a lot of pictures of Malone!!! ;) Pet-talkers are the best!!

Vermontcat
03-09-2003, 07:15 AM
If anyone would like to see the photos, go look at the thread
A Mini Vermont/Pet Talk Meeting here in General!:D

mugsy
03-09-2003, 08:16 AM
I hope you get lots of pictures Donna!

Are you thinking of moving back there now??

anna_66
03-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Glad to hear you arrived safe & sound:)
Hope your having a wonderful time!

moosmom
03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Thanks everyone!

Musgy, Ct is a nice place to visit, but far too expensive to live, so the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! :D And I did bring 2 disks and rechargeable batteries, so there's no excuse not to have pictures posted once I get back.

Cookiebaker,

I hope you guys can make it. I can't wait to meet. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

I'm having a great time visiting my friends and daughter. Tomorrow I go to my former employer to visit my editor and former co-workers. My dance card is filling up very quickly. I should weigh alot more when I get back. Everyone wants to feed me :p

See you on Saturday!!