PDA

View Full Version : I miss my friend

jenluckenbach
03-08-2003, 06:00 PM
For who ever chooses to read this, my very best friend died last November, and it has been hard. It is a little over 3 months now and although the days get a little easier as time marches on, I still have "bad" days.....like now. I really miss her and the part that makes it the hardest is that I really don't have any one to share my saddness with. I don't have any one that would qualify as the type of friend that you'd take a problem like this to. So, I am here. I don't wish to start a "pity party", I just kind of needed to use group therapy (such as it is). Thanks for listening.

Karen
03-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Now don't you feel bad for posting this, okay? Pet Talk is a community, and we share each others' joys AND sorrows. Some days we just miss those we love more than others. Some day it will begin to hurt less, but your friend will always be with you in your heart. Things we learn from friends stay with us for life, and I'm sure you have many happy memories, right?

One good strong hug to you*

*If you're feeling up to it, my family hugs hard! :)

Jessica12345
03-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Im so sorry:( I know its hard but hink of all the wonderful memories! im very very sorry. many many very big *HUGS* to you:( :(

Cookiebaker
03-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Jen, I am really sorry to hear that you are missing your friend. I know how hard it can be...I hope you will can find comfort in your memories. Warm thoughs sent your way....

Anna

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry that you're still missing your friend and that you're still feeling sad. :( I know it will take quite a while to get over her loss. Just try to remember the good times that you had with her. I hope that you realise that you now have many friends here at Pet Talk too. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

sammi
03-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I hope knowing that you can come here for those "bad days" will help some. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way tonight.

Cataholic
03-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Jen,
I am so sorry to know it is still hard for you dealing with Kim's death. What a blow, to lose someone you were so close to for so long, and way before her time. I don't know what I can say to make it better for you except to let you know you are very cared for here!
Joh

NoahsMommy
03-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Jen,
I find that I can come here for anything in my life and there are a ton of supportive and caring people. Know that we are here and even if we don't personally know what you are going through, we are here.

How long had you been friends?
How did you meet?
What was the best thing about her?

I would love to hear about your friend.

Take care,
Kelly

wolfsoul
03-08-2003, 10:36 PM
im sorry...i know how u feel...i really do...:(

shais_mom
03-08-2003, 11:46 PM
So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine.
Hugs to you, and we are here anytime you need us.

03-09-2003, 04:04 AM
Fell free to vent here , Jen !! That's what friends are for !

Barbara
03-09-2003, 04:49 AM
My experience is that the time distance between those sad days gets longer but even after many years you may feel the loss all of a sudden in a very high intensity. Especially if something happens that you would anyway have shared with that person...

Ann
03-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Aw Jen, I'm so sorry. I know how it feels to miss a dead loved one, but shared pain in this case does not help (sadly).

*hugs*

jenluckenbach
03-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Thank you to all. All of the things said here, I KNEW, but it is good to hear them anyway.

Chinadoll
03-10-2003, 12:08 AM
I read this earlier and wanted to respond, but I was too depressed to post a reply. I'm so glad I read your post. It made me realize that what I'm going through now and how much I miss Joey could be worse. I know(please God and keeping my fingers crossed) that I'll see Joey in a year maybe shorter or longer, however you miss your friend who you won't have a chance to see again. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've been doing the crying/depression thing ever since we parted and your post made me put it into perspective.

I've posted this before, but I'm not sure what posts others read..Joey is my fiance' who is in the Marine Corps whose battalion just got deployed overseas for a year. I know it's suppossed to get easier with time, but it's so hard. I smell his cologne in the bathroom, hear the squeaky brakes when someone pulls up and think it's him. He jeep always had squeaky brakes no matter how much he worked on them. I know it's silly and I know it's not him pulling into the drive, yet I still hope.

I hate that question, "how are you doing" It seems like no one wants to hear the real answer. If you were to say how depressed you are or start going into how much that person means to you, they don't want to hear it. The expected response is I'm ok, I'm fine, or I'm coping. Any other answer they don't want to hear...just too depressing.

Anyway what I'm trying to get at, post whatever you want. There will always be someone here to listen. I'm so very sorry for your loss. No advice here, but always willing to listen. ((hugs))

neko1
03-10-2003, 05:26 AM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear that you're missing Kim. We are all here for you (and you too Chinadoll).

((((HUGS)))))

anna_66
03-10-2003, 07:50 AM
I can't say I know what it's like to loose your best friend, but I do know what it's like to loose a loved one, I've lost quite a few in the last few years. It's hard, that's for sure, just try to think of the good times, seems that helps me sometimes.
And of course remember, we are all here anytime you need to talk!
Anna