PDA

View Full Version : i cant find miss kitty

wolfsoul
03-07-2003, 10:38 PM
well, i dont think i have my cat anymore...miss kitty has seemingly dissappeared....she was one of those cats that never stuck around much and usually just wandered the neighborhood :rolleyes: i didnt really see her too much, but i havent seen her for a really long time now :( i hope shes alright...shes a really nice cat....:(

aly
03-08-2003, 01:25 AM
If you find her again, maybe you could make her an indoor kitty? She'd probably be much safer that way. Try putting some canned food on your doorstep to see if that entices her back. Also hang up signs in case a neighbor took her in thinking she was a stray.

Good luck.

catmandu
03-08-2003, 09:45 AM
When Moose he Magnificent stuck out , and was gone for 7 weeks , it was the not knowing where he was , was the hardest part! Not knowing if he was hungry and cold , or being harmed by cat haters or injured on the side of the road. I was going to the door and back window, always thinking that I was seeing him. then the Good Lord took pity on me andsent the Magnificent One Home to stay.Moose the Magnificent my friend came HOME!!!!

HoRsELUvR
03-08-2003, 03:05 PM
i hope you find your kitty soon!sometimes cats just like to wander off for a little while.

wolfsoul
03-08-2003, 06:09 PM
thanx guys...maybe her collar fell off so somebody thought she was a stray? i dont know why it would fall off grrr....she cant be an indoor cat :( she never likes to come in, and the landlord says we have too many animals as it is...he ecspecially doesnt like cats cuz at the other house he owns, the carpet was ruined by two cats...we r just lucky that sara can come in
another thing i think, is that her owner from before found her and took her home...we actually found her as a stray a few years ago, and we know everyone in our neighborhood really well, and no one knew her...
and the worst thing of all that i can think of, is that the mean ppl have her and r hurting her...we dont know who they r, but we know they live somewhere at the end of the road....miss kitty never went there, and neither does sara, so i thought they were safe...we know that there is someone, because my friends cat went missing a few years ago...she came back a week later with her tail half gone and a rope tied to it...her cat never went near me end of the road...so they have to be down there somewhere...unless they took her and went somewhere else...eeep my head is reeling....but all i know, is that their cat dissappeared again and never came back :eek: :(

luckies4me
03-08-2003, 06:47 PM
If she is your cat why doesn't she have a license? Have you put flyers up? It would be wise to do that. Don't let anyone just take her if you really miss her. Go luck for her. Go door to door and ask people if they've seen her. Do you have pictures? Pictures are always a good idea. Walk the block and call her name. Is she spayed? If not she may have went looking for a Tom, in which case you should get her spayed. Even if she was a stray, if your family has been feeding her for I think it's three months, the law considers the cat yours. Therfor you are responsible for her health and well being. A collar is no good if it doesn't have a info tag on it.

I am really sorry she went away. I sure as hell hope stupid morons don't have her. That would make me so mad!:mad: When I was a young girl, 4 I think, we had a cat named Cuddles. She was a white Persian kitty. She dissapeared and when she came back she was poisoned. Someone gave her rat poison! :( Then another time my friends cat got wacked with a hammer on the head, cracking it til you could see the brain! :eek: Another cat of a different friend got slit from it's anus to it's mouth and lived that way for three days! :( :( :(

I do hope she comes back. Good luck!

Edit: I forgot you do not live in the states so your laws are different. Good luck anyway, I DO really hope you find her. Poor girl.

wolfsoul
03-08-2003, 07:08 PM
she is spayed...although she doesnt have a liscence, all of her info is written out on the collar, same with saras....it has my name, my address, and my phone number....i write over the writing whenever it starts to fade...i have gone around my neighborhood asking around, but no one has seen her...:confused: ....im going to post up posters soon and give some to the petshops...
im sorry about ur kitty, cuddles...thats sad :(

luckies4me
03-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Ya I remember when we took her inside after we found her and we layed her on an ironing board and she was so sick and I watched her die in front of me and my mom was crying so bad because it was her cat. Shortly after this my parents got divorced and we had to give up our doggie Tess too. :(

Forgot to mention you should also check your local aspca, shelter and humane society. ;)

wolfsoul
03-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Ya I remember when we took her inside after we found her and we layed her on an ironing board and she was so sick and I watched her die in front of me and my mom was crying so bad because it was her cat. Shortly after this my parents got divorced and we had to give up our doggie Tess too. :(

Forgot to mention you should also check your local aspca, shelter and humane society. ;)
awww poor kitty...thats so sad...im kinda scared cuz when i grow up, im living in this place (my friend owns the house so shes giving it to me) and there are ppl in that neighborhood that leave antifreeze and rat poison out :(

yes i called the spca and asked if anyone had brought in a maine coon cat but they said no :(

luckies4me
03-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Well a lot of shelter people do not know specific breeds so it would be a good idea to take a drive down there and look youself. You may also want to look at their dead animal list, which is animals they picked up already dead, like hit by cats etc.

Perhaps you can sell the house when it's yours and move to a safer neighborhood. ;)

Edit: I meant hit by cars, not cats lol. Sorry. :o

catland
03-10-2003, 11:52 AM
I'm so sorry.:( I hope she comes back or that you at least find out what happened to her.

aly
03-10-2003, 04:32 PM
luckies - would you mind putting a warning on your one message before you describe what happened to those cats? Thats pretty graphic and making me sick to my stomach and cry :(

batgirl1980
03-10-2003, 05:48 PM
Oh :( this is way tooo sad. I dunno which made my cry worse, that your Miss Kitty is gone (my favorite cat was named kitty...), or luckies graphic description that wasn't too comforting... *gets more kleenex*

May Miss Kitty come home soon and healthy and happy!

tatsxxx11
03-10-2003, 06:14 PM
:(:(Positive thoughts and special prayers are on their way for Miss Kitty. Maybe she's just off on a little expedition, now that's Spring is almost here. Please don't give up hope. We've been witness to so many miracle "returns" here on Pet Talk. I agree with Aly that when she DOES come home, perhaps you might considering keep her an indoor kitty?? It might take a little adjustment on her part, but think of all that extra loving she'll be getting:) Hugs to you and hopes for Kitty's safe return. Sandra

NoahsMommy
03-10-2003, 07:31 PM
I sure hope she comes home....you should go search your local shelters...