PDA

View Full Version : Quality! Quality! Quality!

crow_noir
11-11-2001, 04:03 AM
ok, i like to save money at any cost. i am learning that sometimes, paying out the a$$ in round one will save your a$$ in the end.
ok, to begain, let me say that King reallllly prefers if you don't touch his feet.
i tried using people clippers on his nails, but these dumb Avon pair won't fit around them. (before you freak out on me about using doggie stuff on doggies, etc. it's my pref!)
so, then i buy a file, thinking he won't mind tose as much as doggie clippers. ..still won't cooperate well.
nails are getting longer
buy $1 pair from dollar store 25 miles away and no return policy. yeah, i might be able to cut the air w/ them.
nails still getting longer, toes turning. defintly a prob. ...and i'm not going to pay the vet to torture him. ...no way.
s.o. buys a professional pair from Petsmart today $7/$8. defintly worth it. i cut a few nails tonight and gave a few treats. ...will try a few again tomorrow. ...defintly making a lot better progress. King not struggling as much. nails cut w/ ease.
(recommended brand: Groomax)
they even have a guard so you don't cut too much at a time. (developed by groomers)

again, i want to stress quality! it is making all the difference!

Dixieland Dancer
11-11-2001, 06:29 AM
I invested in a Quality pair of dog clippers and YES it does make a difference. I usually do the dogs nails every week and even though I do it so often and with a good pair of clippers, the dogs still hate it. They act like I am killing them!

Nail clipping is the worst part of taking care of my pups. I would rather clean up poop! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Golden Smiles
11-11-2001, 07:22 AM
:D I agree w/ Dixie.....I HATE doing nails!! I round up all the help i can get first, and then hubby usually does the clipping, while I hover over him saying"ooo-becareful, geeeez not too much, oh my gosh, don't hurt him..." LOL I'd rather do poop patrol too :eek:

mugsy
11-11-2001, 10:46 AM
Our dogs hate it so much that I'm not strong enough to do it, so Mike has to do it. He hates it too and puts it off and so their nails are really long, that, and Mike is afraid to cut too far back for fear of hitting a nerve.

I would rather do just about anything than clip nails!! lol Poop patrol doesn't really bother me, with 13 dogs, it better NOT bother me eh? lol Only problem is that being on crutches (YEAH, I've graduated from the wheelchair) it makes in near impossible to do anything that involves using your hands and stand up and walk! Mike has had to do the poop patrol too!

Daisy's Mom
11-11-2001, 08:05 PM
I hate cutting Daisy's nails, and she hates it too! I have nice cutters but it's still hard when the nails are attached to furiously kicking legs!

Mugsy I am glad to hear that you are slowly but surely getting better :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-12-2001, 08:32 AM
Well, Drake doesnt mind getting his nails clipped. As long as one of us is there to rub his belly or scratch his ears :D We don't have to clip them that often, though, because he runs so much and I guess the road files them down. They never seem to get long. Once a month, we clip a little off the tips to smoothen them.

ownerof3dogs
11-28-2001, 04:04 PM
Hercules loves to have his nails cut. When I take out nail clippers he chases me down to have them done. He also loves his teeth brushed

yorkster
11-28-2001, 04:36 PM
I am scared to clip my dogs nails. They are black, and I can't see how far to clip.

SimbaTWonderDog
11-28-2001, 09:42 PM
Try doing his nails after a bath.. the nails get softer and can clip better... atleast thats what my vet said.