PDA

View Full Version : Deer / car accident

boscibo
03-07-2003, 02:39 PM
My SO Jeff hit a deer last night. Jeff is fine, I'm really happy to report. Our Jetta is not fine. Really a bummer, we haven't even had this car 2 weeks yet. :(

Jeff feels bad about the deer, too. he didn't have his phone on him at the time he hit it, so he drove to the police station to file a report, and when the officer went back the deer was gone. It probably crawled off to die, and Jeff is bummed about that.

Here's some pictures of the car:

Our new Jetta, smashed up (http://home.attbi.com/~pattis_garden2/jetta_deer.html)

Dakota's Mommy
03-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Ouch, what a bummer! Thank goodness for car insurance though. I've seen so many peoples car's who accidently hit deer. It's too bad that they make it into the road and it's so hard to see them far enough ahead to do something about it, especially when it's dark!

boscibo
03-07-2003, 02:49 PM
There are so many deer around here, I see them all the time. Neither of us (I've been driving 21 years, he's been driving 30 years) have ever hit one before. I've come really close, but they always manage to get away, or I've managed to miss hitting them. Then we get rid of our old cars, buy a decent new one, and boom. I know we are thankful it is fully insured, but we are down two two vehicles now so I hope we can get a loaner while it's getting fixed.

jenluckenbach
03-07-2003, 03:11 PM
ouch!:eek:

Desert Arabian
03-07-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
There are so many deer around here,

Yup, Wisconsin has TOO many deer!! They are causing horrible amounts of damage, and way too overpopulated.

I am happy to hear that your husband was un-injured. My dad hit a deer a couple of years back, luckily the deer didn't suffer (it died on impact). What a bummer. :(

HoRsELUvR
03-07-2003, 03:25 PM
ive seen lots of dead deer around here.It happens alot because we have so many deer.Im sorry about your car,and the deer too.I guess deer cant really move once theyr in the headlights.

Ann
03-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Poor thing! Judging from the car damage the poor thing must have been hurt really bad... Will you or the police be searching for the deer?

Cheshirekatt
03-07-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm glad to hear your SO is ok. Sorry about your car, tho. When I lived in NH I had a friend that was on his motorcycle and hit a moose. We lost both of them. :(

NoahsMommy
03-07-2003, 04:50 PM
Oh no! Poor deer! :( Poor car! :(

I agree, thank goodness for insurance.

boscibo
03-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend Cheshirekatt. A moose - that would be scary. Lots of people have said Jeff was lucky the deer didn't come through the windshield.

Ann, the police officer looked, but couldn't find it, I am pretty sure a blow like that killed it. It was dark out, it could have gone anywhere, but it probably didn't go far. :(